PDA

View Full Version : Wedding rings

countrygirlGG
03-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Just wondering....??? How many of the girls keep their wedding rings on or take them off when you dress & go out? Especially!when you go out for a night with the girls????With out your SO's???? Just curious???:happy:

Leslie Foxx
03-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Not being married, I don't wear one. Sometimes I do wear what looks like an engagement ring. Handy to point to when fending off admireres.

Holly
03-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Haven't taken mhy wedding ring off for almost 39 years. Not going to start now:D .

Sally24
03-31-2007, 04:27 PM
wear mine and add an engagement ring that my wife loans me, she's a doll!

Sally

Phoebe Reece
03-31-2007, 04:40 PM
I always wear mine when dressed and out.

suzy
03-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Yep... Me too... had this ring on my finger for 35 years....and the truth be known, I can't get it off. It will have to be cut off and I don't think I'll do that... so my answer is....ON!:hugs:

Merinda
03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
I used to take mine off during photosessions but it became a struggle so I left it off for some time , now there is no way I could get it back on my finger.

rachel_rachel
03-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Seeing as i've only been married 6 weeks, no i don't take it off, i actually found a ring in my collection that looks like a great engagement ring.

krisla
03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
I bought a costume anniversary band, I think it is perfect I wear it to demonstrate fidelity to my wife but it is a femmine ring.

Babette
03-31-2007, 08:15 PM
I haven't wore my ring for 30 years. I'm not every trying to deceive anyone. about my marital status. Safety issues on the job forced me to go without it. So wearing a ring in male or female mode is not an issue. Those who know my wife and I don't even question it. Anyone else that has asked me always gets the same reply; I'm married to my best friend.

Babette

susie evans
03-31-2007, 08:33 PM
why would i take it off i'am happy and married

susie

Helen in OK
03-31-2007, 09:17 PM
In about 6 weeks, I will have been married for 36 years. I have had jobs where I couldn't wear a ring, but most of the time I have. The strange thing is that in male mode, I like gold, but in female mode I prefer silver and I am thinking of getting a inexpensive wedding and engagement ring in silver, to help send one more feminine signal, when en femme.

Even though she doesn't understand, or accept, she is still the best thing to ever have happened to me.

Helen in OK

JessieLynn
03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Mine is always on..though i have to agree with Helen in OK, i like the silver or even white gold idea! Have to look into that...thanks for the idea Helen!!

jess...

Rachel Morley
03-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi CC,

I always wear my wedding ring .... apart from the size (diameter), it's exactly the same plain gold band as my wife's ... same style, thickness etc. I never take it off in boy or girl mode.

Sheri 4242
04-01-2007, 12:30 AM
I wear mine 24/7. While it is a man's ring, I guess you could say it goes with "however" I'm dressed b/c my wonderful wife (and splitapart and best friend) gave me a male wedding ring that has 7 diamonds, inset and running the top face of the ring.

When we go to Las Vegas soon and have our ceremony at the wedding chapel that I mentioned a few weeks ago, we will be exchanging matching rings -- more of a unisex design -- to wear in addition to our wedding rings. This new ring will definitely go in either mode and is designed to celebrate our committment ceremony -- Yes!!! Can't believe I'm going to get to be the bride very soon now! I am such a fortunate man!!!

Cyndi06
04-01-2007, 07:26 AM
I wear mine ALL the time "now"
there was a time I was in personal conflict with myself (hopefully that makes sense) and did not wear it......now that I have discovered who I am and am extremely happy with who I am, I never take it off. We have matching bands so there is no difference ( a somewhat "unisex" thing if you will ....circa 1973 )
To sum it up, I love my wife to the enth degree! She is the most kind, considerate, understanding person I know....not to mention, my best friend!

Guess I could have just said "yes, I wear it all the time" and not post all the mushy stuff.......

naaaaaaaaaaaaa......I like the mushy stuff.....that is also part of who I am

:D

Veronica E. Scott
04-01-2007, 07:54 AM
In a couple of weeks my wife and I will have been married for 41 years. There have been times that I took it off but not for very long so to answer your question NO I don't take it off even if I did it still looks as though I am wearing one.

Maddie
04-01-2007, 08:11 AM
I wear my ring according to my presentation

My male ring id gold and almost looks like a gold washer

I also have a silver set Engagement ring surrounded by a diamoned studded wedding band

I have been married for 36 years and always display the fact

Raychel
04-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Being an auto mechanic, I almost never wear mine. Not a real great to have jewelry on working on machinery. So I guess not much would change. :(

JenniferR771
04-01-2007, 09:12 AM
There was a time when my wife was not happy with me. She took my ring and held it hostage for 6 months.
Now I have it back and wear it every day. When enfemme I just add a couple of femmy rings to my hands.

Melanie R
04-01-2007, 01:35 PM
I have my "Mel" wedding ring and my "Melanie" wedding ring that my wife put on my finger when we did our renewal of vows ceremony as two brides in 1986. Last night when I attended a dinner of two local TG groups at a local restaurant I wore Melanie's beautiful wedding ring.

EricaCD
04-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I used to feel odd about wearing my wedding ring when en femme. Helene answered that by buying me a wedding ring just for Erica. From Tiffany, no less! It was quite a nice Christmas present last year....

LoriFlores
04-01-2007, 01:56 PM
I think the best advise is to add an engagement ring.

alisoncdnj
04-01-2007, 02:22 PM
I have a diamond engagement ring and wedding band that I wear when dressed. My wife helped me pick it out. I just love it and wish I could wear it all the time.

Jessica S
04-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I never take my ring off. There is no need to.

Toyah
04-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I dont wear mine at work at all but going out I would wear a ring on my wedding finger gawd if a guy started trying to chat me up he would get seriously hurt!!!!

Maureen Henley
04-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I wore my wedding band 24/7 for 21 years until I had carpal tunnel surgery on my left wrist. Since I had gained weight, they had to cut it off in pre-op. My wife has promised to have it repaired and resized for my birthday in May. It is a plain 18K band, no gender distinction about it.

On a related subject, for many years my wife could not wear her wedding band or engagement ring due to a skin condition. She offered to have the engagement ring resized so that I could wear it. However, fortunately for her, and unfortunately for me, her skin condition finally cleared up and she now wears both rings. Oh, well.

She has promised that when finances permit, I will get an emerald ring (my birthstone) to wear next to my wedding band.

SherriePall
04-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I keep it on. It's only been off once in over 33 years. I was playing catch after work hours at two-weeks military training one summer years ago. When I got done showering I noticed it was gone. My buddies and I basically ripped the bath facility apart looking for it. Turned out it slid off my finger into the matching finger of my baseball glove.
I wouldn't be here today if I had gone home from that training (with its weekends and evenings in town) without that ring.

DAVIDA
04-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I take my band off when I get out of my clothes before a shower. When I am dressed, I have a nice looking CZ ring set!

gretafemme
04-01-2007, 09:03 PM
My ex wife bought me a knockout CZ ring which I wore a lot back a few years ago. I would hope to make an agreement with my partner that I might be able to wear appropriate jewelry for the gender that I want to express. Love conquers these details, hugs ladies! Greta

Stephanie Miller
04-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Working with my hands has taken it's toll on 3 rings so far. I'm on my forth. So it's not really which band I wear, as much as it is that I am wearing one. I feel it's the message, you see. Therefore I don't have a problem having "Stephanie" wearing hers to fit her gender. Yes she has a nice diamond. Diamonds are a girls best friend. O.K., O.k. it's a fake. I gave my wife the real one. :koc:

suchacutie
04-01-2007, 11:57 PM
My ring and that of my wife are the same band, both wide gold. I do take my ring off for safety's sake when it is appropriate for physical safety, but there is nothing unsafe about being enfemme, so there is no reason to remove it. My wife and I have talked on occasion about rings for Tina, but we aren't decided yet :).

Tina

carolinebrookes
04-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I wear an engagement ring on my finger that I bought in a jewellery shop. Apart from helping fend off unwanted advances, it looks really nice on my hand!

KimberlyS
04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
I am married and proud of that and would not want to hide it. I have always wore my wedding ring when I have gone out. Recently my wife bought me a CZ engagement ring to go with it.

paulaN
04-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I lost my first one in the cold icey waters of Maine. I was only married a couple of years then. So I got another one. That one almost ripped my finger off. So I took it off and never put it on again. It sits in my wifes jewelry box to this day.

NatalieH
04-02-2007, 03:16 PM
How many of the girls keep their wedding rings on or take them off when you dress & go out?...With out your SO's???? :happy:

So far I've only been out with my wife (and maybe a friend or two), and our matching silver wedding rings stay on. I don't have enough illusions (delusions?) about my passing ability to worry about the rings, too many other more obvious signs.

Natalie

DonnaT
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
ON.

I can't get if off even if I wanted to. Knuckle's way too big. :D

KatieC
04-02-2007, 03:48 PM
When it gets hot/humid, my fingers swell enough that I can't get my wedding band on in the morning. (I don't sleep with it on) My wife's used to me wearing it on a chain around my neck during summer months. The weird thing is, it fits me just fine during the winter. Sometimes it even seems loose then!

When I can physically wear it, I just wear it. Other than the size, it's identical to my wife's band anyway :)

MsEva
04-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi CC,

I always wear my wedding ring .... apart from the size (diameter), it's exactly the same plain gold band as my wife's ... same style, thickness etc. I never take it off in boy or girl mode.

Us too! Why take it off? I just add a fake engagement ring to the mix!

MsEva
04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I keep it on. It's only been off once in over 33 years. I was playing catch after work hours at two-weeks military training one summer years ago. When I got done showering I noticed it was gone. My buddies and I basically ripped the bath facility apart looking for it. Turned out it slid off my finger into the matching finger of my baseball glove.
I wouldn't be here today if I had gone home from that training (with its weekends and evenings in town) without that ring.

No doubt! Me too....If I lost it..pow..zoom to the moon Alice

linnea
04-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I always wear my ring.

AnnaMaria
04-07-2007, 08:44 AM
I never go out of the house without my ring on my finger. I just don't feel right without it. Of course I also wear two other rings all the time as well. I have worked jobs where I had to take it off simply because of safety, but it goes right back on as soon as I get off work.

The only time that I take off any of my rings is when I am puttine lotion on my hands due to the fact that I use a very heavy lotion and all three of my rings have tiny cracks and crevices that become clogged with yuck if I don't but then as soon as I am done they go right back on. I feel naked without them. I plan to eventually have a ring for every finger that I will wear all the time, when we can afford it, but I have always had an affinity for wearing jewelry so it only makes sense for me to wear them all the time.

Of course there's also the fact that I can't take off any of my rings without the use of soap due to the fact that they fit rather tightly onto my fingers, which I prefer so that I know I don't have to worry about loosing them.

Too me it just doesn't seem right for me to take off my wedding ring when dressed because it is the outward sign of my love for my wife and she is the only one who has the right to take that away from me. Of course there is also the fact that she gets very upset if she doesn't see it on my finger when she looks and my hands.

We have talked about me adding a second ring beside my wedding ring simply because of the ring that I wear on my right hand is an Irish claddagh and it is intended to be worn on the left ring finger as a wedding band if the wearer is married, but when I mentioned the idea to her she didn't seem all that thrilled with the idea so i just left it alone at the time. But, maybe in the future she will agree to the idea.

Anna

julie w
04-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I never had a wedding ring when married I knew two people that lost fingers
with rings one man and one women , I didnt feel comfortable wearing one
but when I am out en femme I wear gold rings one as a wedding ring not that I am married I just feel its another prop in my trying to blend in
I would like to get an engagement ring too

Kelly Greene
04-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I only take off my wedding band when I am at work because my job is dangerous to wear rings when working on machinery.

I do like the idea of adding an engagement ring though.

Dixie
04-08-2007, 11:37 PM
i always wear my ring, always.

Vicky_Scot
04-09-2007, 04:58 AM
The only reason I can see anyone removing their wedding ring if they are out dressed without their wife is to try and be deceitful and get off with someone.

Always wear my wedding ring with or without my wonderful, understanding, beautiful wife being out with me.

nataliecd77
04-09-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't wear my wedding ring at work as me and my wife both prefer to have me with all my fingers left LOL.
If we go out anywhere be it in boy or girl mode I wear my wedding ring. As we have matching somewhat gender neutral bands it has never posed a problem for me. I wear my ring becuase I'm glad of the fact that I'm married to the wonderful woman that I am.:love:
Natalie

JoanFlores
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
I take it off, since I believe that my hands look more fem that way.