PDA

View Full Version : Finally spotted the elusive FTM CD!

Sally24
04-01-2007, 01:27 PM
I haven't gotten round to putting this in here since last weekend. When I go out with the Sisters of Boston group on Friday nights we finish the night with breakfast at Bickfords in Woburn, MA. This time we had someone that one of the other gurls had met the week before come and sit with us. She used the name "Steel" and was dressed in a full suit. Now this was not a contemorary suit. It was a victorian or elizabethan suit. It had a fan shaped or ruffled collar, had big cuffs and she had a full top hat to go with it! Her explanation was that there wasn't much variety in mens clothing now days. She goes out to shows and Halloween is her biggest night. Apparently most places she frequents on Halloween she has won best costume many years running.

I knew that FTM CDs existed but they rarely stand-out because of what they wear. It was very interesting to run into one and get to talk a little. You just never know where this thing is taking you!

Sally

Kieron Andrew
04-01-2007, 01:33 PM
yay see we are a rare breed but very real lol

Casey Morgan
04-01-2007, 03:08 PM
I don't mean any offense at all Kieron, but I got the feeling Sally was talking more about people like our old friend Wren. A female-bodied person who wears men's clothes and becomes a man but is at heart a woman. (In fact, didn't Sparro occasionally refer to Wren as "she"?)

OT: I miss those two. We didn't run them off, did we? Especially since poor Wren kept hearing over and over again that esentially s/he didn't exist?

Back on topic: Sally, that must have been nice talking to Steel. Even online you rarely get the chance to talk with someone like him/her.

CaptLex
04-01-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't mean any offense at all Kieron, but I got the feeling Sally was talking more about people like our old friend Wren. A female-bodied person who wears men's clothes and becomes a man but is at heart a woman. (In fact, didn't Sparro occasionally refer to Wren as "she"?)
You could be right, Casey, sounds like Steel could be on yet another spot of the huge TG spectrum. I think it's cool to meet people like that.

OT: I miss those two. We didn't run them off, did we? Especially since poor Wren kept hearing over and over again that esentially s/he didn't exist?
I miss them too. Don't know what happened, but I keep hoping they'll pop back in sometime.

Back on topic: Sally, that must have been nice talking to Steel. Even online you rarely get the chance to talk with someone like him/her.
Yup . . . would be nice if Steel could join us here - or at least drop by to visit.