PDA

View Full Version : Startled myself - in the mirror

susiej
04-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Girls of all ages,

My wife and daughters are off with the grandparents for Easter Week. I have to work at the bank this week, but this weekend and the evenings are free. Nobody home but me. Guess what I'm doing tonight :) ?

Tonight, for the first time in my fifty-few years, I dressed up relatively completely, and startled myself in the mirror. Elegant royal blue velour gown, make-up, and a wig roughly the right color for my natural hair. My figure enhanced with (shameless plug) the fine products of our friends at www.breastformstore.com.

I've never done the dress, forms, wig and make-up together, actually, and I have to report that despite my five-foot-eleven, one-hundred-ninety-pound frame, and my rather horsey face, it works. I'm certainly not Jill St. John or Britney Spears (with hair), but I am a stately, refined older broad with reasonable curves in some of the right places, and a face that just might be credible.

I tell you this because I have always said passing was impossible for me. It still may be highly improbable, but leaning into the mirror tonight to put on mascara, and seeing that close-up image staring wistfully back at me, the picture shifted for a moment. I was looking into the dark brown eyes of my female alter ego. And, no, by the way, she does not look like my mother, luckily for both of us :) !

So, girls, before you give up on passing completely, take your best shot. Illusion is everything. Girls and guys are not all that different, and many of the differences can be bought over the internet :).

Hugs,
Susie

Joy Carter
04-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Who cares about passing ? I'm out to have fun no matter what other people may think.:D BTW Six two, two twenty here. Just love to be stylishly dressed.:D

Shelly Preston
04-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Hi Susie

It sounds like you enjoyed every minute of being completely dressed :)

Passing is one of those things which each person has to decide how they feel about it

But its not just about looks its mannerisms as well :2c:

AllieSF
04-02-2007, 01:51 AM
I know that strange and fascinating feeling of looking at yourself in the mirror and saying, "Damn, now that is one fine woman there!". Actually, I have been saying that a lot lately. It makes me feel real good. So I can imagine how you feel. Enjoy your week of fun and put that makeup on too. That really made a difference for me.

Karren H
04-02-2007, 08:00 AM
I still get that "who the hell is that in the mirror" feeling all the time!! And it still amazes me that Karren and anti-Karren don't look alike at all...

And on passing..... Its an attitude thing more than a look thing in my opinion... If you look halfway decent but you have that confident fem attitude that you belong there, dressed as you are, then people will accept your presentation as genuine and will not give you a second look....

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
04-02-2007, 08:26 AM
I agree Karren, weird how that works huh? Something happens in between putting putting on the wig and lipstick for me, not quite sure what. That's when Sal takes over. Also, about passing, you're absolutely right about attitude and boy, do I have a lot of attitude sometimes.:rolleyes:

Melinda G
04-03-2007, 10:18 PM
The wig and makup really make the difference. It's amazing, to look in the mirror, and see someone else, that you are not accustomed to seeing. Especially, if that someone looks good.

Wenda
04-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Attitude is everything. When I had myself made up to do a cheerleader thing, when the technician turned me around to the mirror, it was quite startling. As you say, no Brittany, but not the old guy either!. Yesterday one of my co-workers shared some comments about older female guests wondering when my femme persona was going to make another entrance. Even though they knew me as the tie and jacket guy, or maybe because of that, they loved Polly. :happy:

linnea
04-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I am often surprised by what I see in the mirror, whether I think that it's a passable image or not.

joperinal
04-04-2007, 01:06 AM
For me the first time was also a weird experience.... Who´s that girl?
in the mirror. Would love to meet her:heehee: