PDA

View Full Version : Perfect evening for a stroll

Elizabeth Ann
04-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Friday night I had to be in downtown Washington DC until about midnight and had nothing I needed to do after about 10 p.m. This happens also to be the middle of the annual Cherry Blossom festival. It was a beautiful, mild night, and I decided to make it my very first public outing cross dressed.

So about 10 p.m. I pulled into one of the parking lots behind the Jefferson Memorial and proceeded to finish pulling my size 18 dress over my 6'3" 250 pound frame, added a string of pearls and a newly acquired wig, and made my way to the footpath around the Tidal Basin.

For those of you not familiar with DC, one of the first signs of spring is the flowering of the thousands of Cherry trees on the Mall and around the Tidal Basin. The Basin is a large pond between the Mall and the Jefferson Memorial. It is always a beautiful area, and popular for strolling in the evening, when it is illuminated only by the distant lights of the Mall and monuments.

At 56, I think I probably look like Harrison Ford in a dress and wig, but no one paid any attention to me in the dim light and beautiful flowering trees. Best of all, I strolled without concern, lost in my own musings about life, love, beauty, and the "high romance," as Keats called it. My only discomfort came from the fact that 75% of the strollers were couples, painfully reminding me of my missing wife.

For anyone close to DC in the next week, I highly recommend the Cherry blossoms in the night.

Elizabeth

kerrianna
04-02-2007, 01:49 AM
That sounds very lovely Elizabeth, thanks for sharing. :hugs:

And congratulations on your first public outing. :love: :thumbsup:

AllieSF
04-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Congratulations Elizabeth on your first outing. What and ideal setting. I have walked around that area during the summer heat and humidity. Still brings goosebumps, it is just so beautiful and means so much to this nation. I also think it was great that you did it alone. Sometimes momentous occasions need to be savored alone because not everyone is able to appreciate the true importance of the moment.

Wish I was there with you to take another walk on the wild side.

Elizabeth Ann
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
I enjoyed very much my evening stroll around the Tidal Basin, and I am wondering if all of you can suggest other places or trips out that would also be nice.

What I really enjoy is a little quiet time when I can relax and reflect. I do not, nor have I ever, really enjoyed bars or noisy venues. And I really don't like shopping in any mode. I label myself as frugal, though my wife has another word for it.

So, where do you go when you just want a little retreat while dressed?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Billijo49504
04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Cool!!! Here the first signs of spring are mosquiteos and robins, not always in that order.But I'm glad you had a great night out in the capitol. ..BJ

DawnL
04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Sounds like the perfect setting for your first time out.
Congrats