PDA

View Full Version : More Happy Than Sad?

Karren H
04-02-2007, 07:33 PM
So when asked this question...... generally, overall, does crossdressing make you feel more happy than sad, more sad than happy or about equal. Yeah I know that dressing makes everyone feel great otherwise you woundln't be doing it, right? But how does it affect your overall outlook on your life and life in general..... Are you generally a more happy person because of it or not?

There are a lot of people that post threads and replys that you can tell that they are a really happy person or a really sad person....

But then again there are a lot of in-between's.... which I can't place....

So which is it??

Me?? What do you think??

:D

Love Karren

Kieron Andrew
04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Me?? What do you think??

totally and utterly miserable right?? :rolleyes: :tongueout

Tamera
04-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I have never been sad in FEM. Just sometimes sad that I must go back to male mode before I want to.
LOL
Tamera

StephanieT
04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Since I only dress at home when the wife is away. I would say stressed would describe my feelings. Who is going to make a surprise visit. Is the UPS/Fed Ex/USPS person going to come up the driveway. Did I put everything away before my wife returns from her trip. Did I get all the lipstick/eyeliner/mascara off my face before I go out as a man. Since I get 4 days a week with my wife away, sometimes I don't bother because of the stress.

SandyR
04-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Me Happy! I am guessing you "Karen" outa control, happy ready, lets bring it on!

Hugss.

SandyR

Teresa Amina
04-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Transcendently ecstatic :D At least now that I let myself be Me; back in the bad old days of furtive & deceitful 'dressing it was a mixed bag.

Barb Valentine
04-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm happier about myself and my crossdressing
But I have to say it's all because of this forum
And the people here
:hugs:

Josephine 1941
04-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Karen

I think most of us would love to look as good as you. We don't eather have a nice face,good body, or realy don't look like a women. I do have to say that if you do it you should be happy that you can. i love going out dressed ,espicaly with other CDs then Its out world . You on the other hand can pass it looks like night or day. Great I hope some day to lose enough weight to totaly pass.

Billijo49504
04-02-2007, 09:35 PM
My wife doesn't have any problems with my dressing, except no sex in gurl mode. But tonight, when it was time for my treatment on my knee, she told me it was time to put on my skirt. And I wear bras and panties all the time. Actually the skirt I have on is one she brought home from work for me...BJ

Roxi Loh
04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Conflicted...

trannie T
04-02-2007, 10:16 PM
My disposition is generally happy. Crossdressing is part of my life, I enjoy dressing, so I guess that it contributes to my overall happiness.

Lissa Stevens
04-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Initially I am happier when crossdressed then I realize I can never be what I really want to be so in the end it makes me sad.

Joy Carter
04-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm more happy now than I have been in my life. I know it sounds kinda lame. But I have always wanted to explore this side of me, without all the hiding and worry that goes with living in secret. But you know the desire has settled down to just a nice comfortable feeling. Now that I have finally accepted myself and that alone has improved my life.:D

kerrianna
04-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I've never been happier in my life. :happy:

Some days I'm sad, often have very powerful wistful moments, wishing for something I won't ever have, but overall, deeply and profoundly I am happy...maybe for the first time in my life. :happy:

Suzie S.
04-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Karren, I'd have to say more happy than sad. I enjoy this 'other side' of me. Being able to express my feminine side makes me feel complete. Although I havn't been out publicly enfemme, I can do it at home with my wife's blessing. I don't have to hide it from her. We have a great marriage, and that's a big part of me being a happier person. :happy:

Brianna Lovely
04-03-2007, 05:08 AM
I'm happy. I dress in something fem every day and often go out semi-fem (no forms, no wig). I find myself smiling more often, and that's not a thing that comes easy for me.

I think I'm very happy with my life, although some people on this forum, may think that I'm being an "in your face" kind of person, I feel, if they don't see us, they don't know we exist.

Angie G
04-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Overall a gig yes happier more so now thatthe wife knows and I can dress in front of her :hugs:
Angie

Charleen
04-03-2007, 07:04 AM
After finding out who I am, and accepting that..........
My thanks to everyone on this forum!
Love and xxxx, Lily

Mistybtm
04-03-2007, 07:14 AM
always more happy :D
when i am down i get dressed and it pickes me back up again.
Mistybtm

Paulacder
04-03-2007, 07:17 AM
I think relaxed is a more fitting description.:rolleyes:

Sasha Anne Meadows
04-03-2007, 07:42 AM
I am extremely happy being dressed. My problem is that the few times a month when I have to put on boy clothes make me sad and stressed.

Lisa Golightly
04-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I love my life :)

Casey Morgan
04-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Definitely more happy than sad. I'm kind of like a dog in that every time I see myself in a mirror now I'm like "Hey, there I am AGAIN!" Maybe one day I'll "get over it", but after all those years of what could at best be described as ambivalence I sure hope not.

Staci G
04-03-2007, 11:51 AM
I am very happy but then, like alot of others I get depressed when I have to go DRAB. As many of you know my wife is put [U]the[U] untimatum to me. So that being the case I dont get to dress very often and then it is short lived. It is really bad when we go shopping for her clothes I see thngs I like and have to just pass it by. Well I don't think CDing makes me sad it is the lack of it that does..

Diana West
04-03-2007, 11:51 AM
I went with neither happy or sad.
I'm more relaxed as a result of my crossdressing.

Kate Simmons
04-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm just a person. When I'm happy, I'm happy. When I'm sad, I'm sad. Makes no difference what I am wearing.:happy: :sad:

Peg
04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
I am very happy when dressed and back in drab cross dressing has centered me . I used to be stressed and angry at the drop of a hat but now i know how to control it. Peg:happy:

Kristen Kelly
04-04-2007, 03:20 PM
After finding out who I am, and accepting that..........
My thanks to everyone on this forum!
Love and xxxx, Lily

Lily just like you I have accepted myself for who I am and alot had to do with this forum. I've never had so much fun, I have to control myself for this has taken over my life.

linnea
04-04-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm just generally happy. I like my life and am grateful for it. The sad parts are far-outweighed by the happy ones.

Helen H. Heels
04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Wearing heels gives my spirit a lift as well as my height!
Perhaps others feel this as well. I get dressed, apply make-up THEN step into heels and a smile comes across my face.

Thanks,
Helen

Ruth
04-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Crossdressing is a mixed blessing. I enjoy the extra dimension it gives to my life, but I also find it a constant source of frustration that I have to do it in secret from most of the world. My wife knows and tolerates it - I wouldn't go so far as to say she is happy about it. This too is a source of some frustration.
I suppose overall the balance is negative. I have to tell myself that everyone has his/her cross to bear. It could be worse.

Nicole
04-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Happy!!!!!! :D

Yes, all the burdens of living a dual existence apply, but by comparison it doesn't matter. Artists, poets, and musicians urge us to embrace our true selves before it is too late. That's exactly what we are doing. I wouldn't have it any other way. :rose2:

RobertaFermina
04-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Happy sometimes plain ecstatic !
There are sadnesses though, and they are about the things I discover in the Transgender World, and the reactions of some of the people I know.

So Crosdressing supports only my happiness.

I encounter sadness from other people's experiences.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Samantha B L
04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Dressing is exciting!Count me down for happy NOT SAD!

Sejd
04-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Getting in touch with my transexuality is the best thing which has ever happened to me. I am more happy, smile more, comunicate more, have better sex than I ever thought possible and I feel completely enlightened in a spiritual way. The budhist always say that if you are not complete in this life, you will have to come back. I now know, that I will not come back because I have reached my final inner root, my inner core. I'm perfect as Sejd, I am a loving, happy and embracing person which I never knew before this illumination took place. Thank God for therapy and Thank God for every human being who sees us as we are and embrace us as equals.
hugs
Sejd :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

carolinewalker_2000
04-05-2007, 01:30 AM
I gues we all feel better when dressed - why do it otherwise? - but, as others have said, there is always the constant worry about being caught out. However careful you are, you cannot plan for the unexpected. Our "out" sisters must be less stressed than those of us who dress in secret.

Marianna Julianna
04-05-2007, 01:44 AM
More happy than sad, for sure. I like to think it gives me an outlook and perspective on life that is different to a lot of other people. Because I don't get to dress that often, and have to stay indoors it give me some quiet time. I could go on, but I don't think I could put into words what I want to, so enough said.

Felix
04-05-2007, 04:22 AM
Wow great thread and very though provoking! When I started presenting more as a guy it made me happy,more confident and at peace with myself. Now I find I am getting frustrated because of the other stuff around it. Like emotional and psychological factors. What I mean is now I am dressing 24/7 as a male I wanna be Felix more than ever and then there is all the other stuff like family and stuff like that. Then I feel sad. I think back to the events of me coming out and what I lost and what I could have lost. That makes me very sad. Then I think what I gained Yachica and her son and that makes me happy. Put this all together in ya brain and it's like a time bomb waiting to explode. So I suppose I'm happy and sad at the same time if that makes any sense. very confusing for me. Oh well such is life! xx Felix :hugs:

Karren H
04-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Well, I'm surprised that there are a lot more happy people than sad so far.... or maybe it's just that happy people respond more to polls?? hehehe

And if you haven't figured it out yet I'm sooo happy that I could vote two or three times...... yeah I get sad once every few years.... for a few minutes, max a day.... but days, weeks, years are zipping by so fast now that I don't have time to be sad.... and I don't want to be sad.... so I won't!! And that's my story and I'm sticking with it!!!

:D

Love Karren

Marcie Sexton
04-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Hmmmmm, another year older and now 25 you have become a very insightful young:rolleyes: lady...:tongueout

but from this girls eyes happy, happy, joy, joy...:D

marie354
04-05-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm much more relaxed and happy when I'm being myself. Especially now that my x-SO still allows me to dress 24/7. (We're still living together.) Well mostly... I still haven't found the courage to go out of the house fully dressed yet. That makes me sad sometimes. But I don't dwell on it.
:hugs:

Alice460
04-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Karen,

The dressing is exciting, but I would have to say that it does bring a sadness. I take the sadness as a trade-off for the excitement.

vbcdgrl
04-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi, Karren. Since I have been able to dress and take on the identity of Vikki more often, both of us have been very happy. It's so much fun being Vikki, but I still like my male self, so it's like I have the best of both worlds. Right now, I'm Vikki, but, shortly I go back to guy mode to have lunch in that world. Looking forward to this weekend, when Vixen Vikki will come out, going to an "Alternate Lifestyle" social affair up in LA.

Vikki

lauraabdl
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I find myself happier most of the time. There are always those times when You can't get dressed and want to and then there are times you get dressed and wonder why you can't stay dressed.
Laura