PDA

View Full Version : pro nouns

Niya W
04-02-2007, 10:46 PM
well we all from time to time get em wrong.

I'm talking to this T-girl and she is using he when referring to me and I'm starting to get mad. THen I realized I'm not dressed and i've not even shaved yet

Ops

kerrianna
04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah but a T-girl of all people should know that it's what's INSIDE that counts.

That's why you got mad hon. You KNOW who you are.

:hugs: :love:

Kate Simmons
04-03-2007, 04:43 AM
I usually avoid pronouns and call a person by name.:happy:

Brianna Lovely
04-03-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm terrible, with remembering people's names, so I call everyone, Honey, giggle. I do get some strange looks, in Home-Depot, though, giggle.

Karren H
04-03-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm into Amature Nouns myself.... Pro Nouns are a bunch of overpaid, lazy, grandstanders...... in my opinion!!!

:tongueout

Love Karren

Sasha Anne Meadows
04-03-2007, 07:43 AM
I think that we should be referred to in famale pronouns.

Casey Morgan
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Oops indeed Niya. :D

That's one of the nice things about gender neutral pronouns. You don't have to worry about how I'm dressed or how I'm acting, the pronouns are the same.

Sharon
04-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Maybe, since you were presenting as male, that this person just assumed that's how you wished to be referred to.

Kerrie Sifton
04-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Good query. Just who are we when we are who we are? I'll take a "he" or a "she" but please no "it"! As for this morning I'm in between he and she, so I am just "me"!:D

Casey Morgan
04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm *always* in between he and she, on the inside at least Kerri. "it" is probably the only pronoun I'd take offense to.

"Me" doesn't work too well in practical use. All I can think of is Bob from Becker. Or somebody with a severe compulsion for name dropping. "Casey needs Casey's notes so Casey can go to Casey's meeting."

And I know that's not what Sal meant.

Niya W
04-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Maybe, since you were presenting as male, that this person just assumed that's how you wished to be referred to.
Yeah but it gets confusing when they are using your feme name

kerrianna
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah but it gets confusing when they are using your feme name

If they're using your femme name then they definitely should be using the femme pronoun.

They should be tied to the mainmast and given a few lashes. Lightly of course. For a first transgression. :devil:

JoAnnDallas
04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
HEF2006 was 4 days long. I was only able to dress that Saturday. Anyway, I went up to the Hotel the night before, but in drab. I found my email friend and was invited to a party in one of the rooms. I was introduced as JoAnn and all night was address as such. No one seem to care I was the only one at the room party that was in drab.