PDA

View Full Version : great experience at Nordstrom

Allie
02-17-2005, 02:52 AM
Well everyone, i decided yesterday that i wanted to go buy some new tights. But i wanted some cool ones. So i went to the mall. After going to the hosiery section of Myer and Frank, JC penney, and Sears, i was starting to think i wouldnt find anything. So i finally went into Nordstrom, and saw that they had a hosiery section as well. So i walk over there quietly and theres a lady at the desk. She asks if i need any help, and i say no. I knew what i was looking for. Wow, nordstrom has a GREAT tights/hose selection! They had a back wall full of fashion pantyhose. Some with pinstripes, fishnets pattern, etc.. So im looking at those, and the lady offers help again, but i say no, im fine. So as im walking to get the pair of pinstripe ones, i see a rack of tights. So i go over to them, and they have polka dot tights!! (i love polka dots). So im looking at those and pick out the white ones with hot pink dots. (they also had white and purple/black). The lady goes, o those are cute arent they. I nod. So i go over to the lady and hand them, and she rings them up. She makes freindly small talk, and then wishes me a good day, and i leave. I think she may have known they were for me, but im not to sure. I did switch back and forth between different tights before deciding, plus they were the largest size :D Anyway, it was a wonderful experience.
wow sorry thats so long lol
Allie

Holly
02-17-2005, 02:59 AM
See? That wasn't so hard, was it? And you got a great pair of tights to boot. Way to go, Allie.

Tristen Cox
02-17-2005, 05:30 AM
Cool! Do they have an extra couple pairs w/dots I could get too?:D Darn now I'll have those ones with the hearts you just talked me into it.

June
02-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a great time Allie ! Most of the saleswomen are very helpful and don't mind at all :)

Rebecca Jeanne
02-17-2005, 07:32 AM
I was in Portland several years ago to see the Sound of Music. I shopped at Nordstrom and picked up a pair of white knee hi socks (was looking for an argyle pattern) and had a great time chatting with the sales associate. Also shopped at Talbots and Pendleton while in town.

LindaTS
02-17-2005, 08:06 AM
I wish I had the courage to shop like that while in drab. Maybe some day.

Jocee
02-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Next you need to check out their shoe department.......

I have shopped at Nordie's a few times and have always had great experiences.... and they carry larger sizes (10-12)

Joanna

Wendy me
02-17-2005, 01:12 PM
now with done stop take a deep breath...............now say i can buy anything i want
.............good ..............now go shopping ......frist is the worst each one is way easeyer ................enjoy................

ChristineRenee
02-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Very,very cool Allie. Good for you girl! See how easy that was? And it gets easier with each trip. The salesladies are usually very helpful and understanding. Once you get past the fear...the CD paranoia that EVERYONE is watching you...which they aren't....you get into a comfort mode.

Congrats again Allie...keep on shoppin' sweetie!;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

windycissy
02-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Funny how it's actually harder to buy stuff like tights when your in drab as opposed to when you're wearing a dress. Nordstrom has great service, but I always feel a little shabby when I'm in there wearing my Payless flats, a bargain basement skirt and a Gap top. And they are so expensive! You don't have to spend a fortune to put together a nice outfit - after all, working girls have to do it on crummy salaries, and the cute ones always manage to look hot. My thought for the day, Windy

Melissa A.
02-17-2005, 02:13 PM
That's neat, Allie, glad for you.

Just keep repeating after Wendy..."I can buy anything I want..."

Still waiting for the day someone Asks me who it's for, expecting a bunch of Stammering and excuses.....I want to see how THEY react when I say, "Yup, it's for me."

O.K., maybe that's a little mean. After all, no one has done that yet. But I've heard a couple of bad stories, one in particular from a girl who was thrown out of a store trying to buy shoes. Wish I had been there with her.

"I can buy anything I want....."

Keep it up, Allie.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

JanG
02-20-2005, 01:22 PM
That's the best way.
I've found that it's easiest to just walk in and get what you want.
If you look around at everyone and act nervous, you'll only draw attention to yourself. Older salesladies are best, too. They usually assume you're shopping for your wife or girlfriend.

JanG
02-20-2005, 02:04 PM
That's the best way.
I've found that it's easiest to just walk in and get what you want.
If you look around at everyone and act nervous, you'll only draw attention to yourself. Older salesladies are best, too. They usually assume you're shopping for your wife or girlfriend.

"We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves"
Lynn Hall, "Where Have All the Tigers Gone?", 1989

jjjjohanne
02-21-2005, 06:10 AM
I went to my nearby Nordstroms' hosiery section and I was approached by a college aged sales girl. I almost always accept help from the sales people because I love to talk about clothes with the women. I was being usually vague about who it was for. As the conversation went on, I could tell that she most likely knew I was shopping for me. I started saying a couple of things to see if I was right and eventually it was out. She continued helping me just like before. I asked and she told me that she gets several guys who shop for themselves. She said they are prepared for that during training. She said she used to work in cosmetics and they are taught to be ready for a man wanting a makeover. I am quite confident that she was asking probing questions to determine if they were for me. Kind of giving me an opening to confess. They just can't come out and ask, "Are these for you?" because it would be like asking a woman, "Are you pregnant?" You just don't want to be wrong!

On the other hand, I bought some hose from a girl in another store once, and I was away from home and I was being really kind of obvious. I finally told her they were for me and she still didn't believe me. I don't think she knew that there were men in the world who wore hose. (Maybe she thought they were all effeminate or something...)

Sweet Susan
02-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Great experience Allie. For those of you who haven't been to Nordstroms, it is the best place to buy necessary items, unless of course you can't afford them. It is an expensive store. Their personnel are very professional. Great place.