PDA

View Full Version : help with what to do

Adam
04-03-2007, 07:57 AM
As you no if you no me i tend to tour the UK with my little mini car going to shows and things :D

Well i have told the car clubs about myself well all but one because the one i have not told has over 5 thousand members in it :eek: and i have been a member for over 3 years and always said i was male full stop well there is a meet the end of this month right near me i normally say its to far to drive so as not to meet this group in person because like i said alot of people (there not all gonna be there lol) but there will be about 300 meeting up :eek: also i am a mod on this forum so don't want to be not taken serously

so anyways to look at i pass as male but as soon as i speak i don't pass but they keep emailing me and i would love to go but as i chat all the time on there very busy online forum i don't want hassle of being outed and i don't want me to told i am not male ahh hope it makes sense

so what do i do would you go but no that you maywell be questioned or would you not go ??? :(

Kieron Andrew
04-03-2007, 08:08 AM
id go.....you're legally adam they have no reason to question that....oh and ive just seen your latest youtube vid and you dont sound like a girl!!

Felix
04-03-2007, 08:29 AM
I'd say start as you mean to continue Hun :thumbsup: Go and enjoy, introduce ya self as who ya are, Adam and have fun :D xx Felix

bi_weird
04-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Ionno, it really depends on how you're feeling. If you're feeling daring then I'd go for it: you want to go, you pass well, and if by chance you are outed well that's not the end of the world. If you're feeling timid, though, I'd stay home. There will be another meeting another day for when you either A. pass better or B. don't care so much about being outed.

CaptLex
04-03-2007, 09:14 AM
It sounds too good to pass up, Adam. Besides if you do well (and I'm sure you will) it will give you the confidence for any other situations down the road where you'll be hesitant because of your voice. And if you don't go, it may stop you from going to other events because of the same reason.

Even if people wonder about your voice, I doubt they'll say anything, but if they do you can always say something like, "yeah, I get that a lot" - you know make a joke out of it without having to explain anything. Or you can use Das' line: "I didn't get enough testosterone during puberty." But you don't owe anyone an explanation anyway. I'm sure they'll just be happy to see you and won't even think about the voice after the first few moments.

Question Mark
04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Agreed. If you're not too nervous, then no one will think there's anything off. Plus, if this's something that's important to you, you might as well go. As soon as you get talking, I'm sure no one will have any cause not to take you seriously.

Adam
04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
thanks guys i am not nervous just dread someone asking if I'm a girl or something :eek:

its at the end of this month you no though i got to go i just answered them with a yes i am feeling like i gotta because i don't want to back away from a nice day out :D

Adam
04-03-2007, 11:37 AM
id go.....you're legally adam they have no reason to question that....oh and ive just seen your latest youtube vid and you dont sound like a girl!!

thanks kerion that means alot as i think i sounded girly on that nice to no i dont :D

pocoyo
04-03-2007, 12:39 PM
To be honest. If they are people that know you as GM... and you are going to want to do stuff with them in the future... then maybe it would be better to wait 'til you're on T and your voice drops?

I have friends that think I'm GM,and I'd really hate it if they saw me as a girl.

So if you really believe your voice lets you down, then it couldbe worth waiting for the next opportunity or ... go but pretend you have lost your voice and do a hoarse throaty wheeze as a voice lol.

Sorry if this sounds negative. I'm in a bit of a bleh mood.

Whatever u decide i'm sure it will be cool dude.
:hugs: