PDA

View Full Version : First Impression Is Everything.........

Karren H
04-03-2007, 08:22 AM
But...... Not always correct!!!

Was on my way home last night and stopped by the grocery store to pickup a few items for my wife... and I'm noticing all the women and what they wear and their makeup (no surprise there). But I swing around isle and see this cute looking woman, short, tan, big hoop earrings, nice short hair style... And the closer I get to her the more I'm thinking... Hmmmmm. She really needs to shave... Her face!!! 5 o'clock shadow plus some!!! And then I notice the side burns!! No purse...... She is not a she....

So I smile as we passed and she (he) doesn't smile!! Too busy looking at the shopping list... Well I don't know what she/he was except very cute!! For a guy!! Lol and even though she/he was wearing jeans and a jeans jacket which were both fem cut... She/he pulled it off well...

But my first impression was the one that stuck with me and still does now..... Cute chick!! So what does the general public think of us the first time we are seen?? If what happened last night is typical then its the image that they will carry with them for a while, or at least until another cute chick comes into view... Poooooooffff.. Hehe

Love Karren

Krystal Lee
04-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Karen,

We would all like to make that first impression!

I live in a very small town/city and the chances of meeting another of us here is miniscule. Personally I press things pretty hard and get out when I can (not in your league).

I know there are others here but have never met them. Was told by friends in Denver that they have met them but of course real names are not known in the clubs.

Hope your story inspires all of us to work at it a little bit more and maybe someday a story like that could be said of one of us.

Hugs Krystal.

Kate Simmons
04-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I kinda know what you mean Karren. Some folks who originally met me as Victoria (way back when), when they see me as Rich they are confused and tell me to go home, get dressed and come back. That kind of threw me at first but I guess based on their first impression, they kind of always perceive me as a girl. Geez, go figure! Makes me wonder sometimes though.:rolleyes:

Melinda G
04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
The problem arises, when some macho type thinks, "cute chick", and then realizes he has been deceived, and feels foolish, and maybe becomes angry.

Karren H
04-03-2007, 11:50 AM
The problem arises, when some macho type thinks, "cute chick", and then realizes he has been deceived, and feels foolish, and maybe becomes angry.

Good point.... best not let them get close enough for a second opinion.... else be able to run like hell in heels!!

Karren

vbcdgrl
04-03-2007, 01:22 PM
If I were her, Karren, I would have been too self conscious to go out if my "5 o'clock shadow" were visible, let alone sideburns. Guess I'm fortunate to be a natural blonde, my facial hair is almost invisible, just a little liquid makeup takes care of it.
Just got back from Wal-Mart, my second trip en femme. I was in the store for over an hour, it's soooo much fun! I got 2 new tops, some real femme silver colored flip-flops, some jewelry and makeup items. I saw the famous Water Bras, but they only go up to size 38, and I wear a 40. At least I know what one is now. As with the first time, no one gave me a second look. I had to wait in a long checkout line, surrounded by GGs. Used my Visa check (ATM) card, no ID check required.

Vikki

Emily Ann Brown
04-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes Karren, I did see you looking at me, but I was afraid you would be embarrassed being out in public in GUY mode, so I just kept looking at my shopping list. Razor blades, what aisle are the blades on? ROFLOL

From my experience out and about, first impression is everything. That's why it is so important to be comfortable and act like you BELONG there. I have mentioned it before....my almost ex wife used to instruct her sales staff "Watch for the nervous ones, they're up to something!" Unless there is a national Crossdressers Day meeting in your town others are planning on seeing men and WOMEN out shopping and having fun. People only give a second look when you give them reason to.

And oh yeah. If a man sees you and thinks "cute lady" he will go out of his way to believe you are a lady just because he is scared to admit he might have just drolled over a GUY. Men are such homophobes.

Emily Ann

Karren H
04-03-2007, 03:38 PM
I thought that was you, Sister Emily Ann... But I didn't see the halo.... Must have tucked it in your purse? Hehe. And those jeans were not you!!! Wife shoot holes in all your pretty skirts....... Again!!!

:tongueout

Love Karren

Brianna Lovely
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Unfortunately most people still interpret who you are, by your appearance. Having met many people in the Gay/Lesbian world, I never look at people and judge them. I've met many beautiful people. Some "men" are more beautiful than most woman and some women are tougher looking than I am in drab. But I see their inner beauty, when I look at them.

Toyah
04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
I hope that my first impression would be cute chick but I feel that it would be who is that guy in a wig :sad: .
I do try my best but dont see what some others do

Butterfly Bill
04-03-2007, 07:25 PM
I think in my case there are at least a few women who think, "Cute guy."

danielle_from_cal
04-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I spend a lot of time in San Francisco on business. Even though I am married, I always check out the "sites". (I tell my wife that, just because I am on a diet, does not mean I can't look at the menu. I told her that before we got married, just so she would know.) I have seen some beautiful women there, and I have no doubt that at least half of them are crossdressers. (I have also seen some crossdressers that I feel sorry for, if you know what I mean.) I think that crossdressers go the extra mile to look beautiful, so they (we?) are probably noticed by men (and women) very quickly. If we just pass by, they probably don't even notice that we are not GGs. If they really study almost any of us, they can probably tell. But people tend not to look at others as closely as we assume.