PDA

View Full Version : Limited CD cuz of SO

psion128
04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey girls,

I've been wanting to add more to my wardrobe but my SO is hides anything that is more than sleepwear or undies. And then if I find it, she tosses it. I'm wanting to dress a bit more and expand a bit more. Maybe some shorts, and jeans that are neutral in appearence. I don't want to "stand" out in the crowd and I do want to go to beach eventual in something also.

Basically just I just want some advice and such. My SO told me that the first skirt I bought was the "last straw" and she is keeping the line there.

Suggestions? Advice?
psion128 (pronounced: sigh-on 128)

Nicole
04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Never mind... got it. You are looking for clothes that pass as guy clothes but give you as much femme attitude as possible, right? So that your SO won't throw them away?

If you're sticking with guy-stuff, it's all about the material. Go with softer blended fabrics like rayons, silk, and cashmere. Also try linen pants. They are light and feel great on a breezy afternoon. Anything that feels soft and slinky is good. Also try girl jeans that fit snugly and aren't overtly gilded with sequins and femme embroidery. Combine that with a pair of satiny boy shorts and you're getting close.

EmmaB GG
04-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Try Gap womens stuff and stores like that where the styles can be quite androgynous anyway

psion128
04-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the tips. I've been looking on VS and I found some stuff on their clearance section. I think some of that stuff should do. I hope she doesn't toss them like that cute skirt that I got off ebay. <sigh> It disappeared the same day I tried it on at home. I told her that I wouldn't go out in public with it. But... I think most of you know or understand my situation.

Right now my argument to her is that panties don't irritate my waist line. And it is true since I am now wearing panties when I can, my waist doesn't flare up.
So, she is cool with that and the nighties. I'm glad she hasn't tossed those out. VS isn't cheap if you aren't getting from the clearance section.

Also, my SO likes it when I wear panties cuz they accent my figure. We've had lots of intimate contact because I come strutting around the house with just some boyshorts or a cute pair of hipsters. But when it comes to anything else, its like a "no!". I haven't asked why she lets me wear panties and nighties but not skirts and other things yet. But maybe someone can give me insight to her point of view? She has read up on my behavior and why I do it but still... she isn't supportive or buys me anything.

Even on xmas and my bday she would ask me what upgrade I would want to do to my computer or car or what dvds I want. But she never asks me what cute outfits she could get me for those occasions. She's known I've been a CD since I told her sometime in the beginning when we first started dating.

psion128

Sedona
04-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Psion,

My first gut instinct was "dump her instantly," but the more I read, I thought again. Look, many of us have unsupportive SOs, but she's throwing out your things? A huge sign of disrespect. I'm kind of in your boat in that my SO is normally okay if I wear panties in front of her, but wants no part of a skirt. We deal with it, and she surprises me from time to time (volunteered to paint my toes the other day).

Her tossing your stuff willy nilly crosses the line in my book. Unless you're 100 percent committed (as in you're buying a ring for her), I'd think about having a serious talk about your future as a couple.

Roxi Loh
04-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I really agree with Sonoma...she sounds about halfway there but still purging stuff. I would use the opporunities to esablish boy girl closet protocul.

Roxi Loh
04-03-2007, 11:49 PM
My Bad...Sedona...

psion128
04-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Well the thing is... She has the ring on her finger since 03. Our anniversary is this September. So we have been together for a while now. She's tolerant to an extent.

noname
04-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Personally, I would leave her so fast her head would spin. Especially about the skirt thing. I'd just pack up an leave when she wasn't around and leave a note about how embarrased you were with her wearing pants, and how that was the last straw and that I could live with a women who wanted to be a man. I'd be making a point, but I would also be leaving as well.

noname
04-05-2007, 03:58 AM
Psion,

My first gut instinct was "dump her instantly," but the more I read, I thought again. Look, many of us have unsupportive SOs, but she's throwing out your things? A huge sign of disrespect. I'm kind of in your boat in that my SO is normally okay if I wear panties in front of her, but wants no part of a skirt. We deal with it, and she surprises me from time to time (volunteered to paint my toes the other day).

Her tossing your stuff willy nilly crosses the line in my book. Unless you're 100 percent committed (as in you're buying a ring for her), I'd think about having a serious talk about your future as a couple.

Just read your post. From my previous post, you know I agree. The thing is, you told her when you started dating her. So for her to put these restrictions on you just isn't right. You don't tell her what to wear and she shouldn't tell you what to wear. Ask yourself this, can you see yourself spending the rest of your life living like this?

If you want to rock the boat, throw all her pants out. IMO completely fair. I don't think she would have a problem with it. She throws out your clothes, so I can't see her having any issues with it.

psion128
04-05-2007, 10:22 PM
LOL.. that sounds just really vicious. It was the first skirt that I ever owned and its not a big deal to me. I never planned on going public with it. Just to only wear it at home. I am too self conscious of myself to do something that blatant in public.

Anyways, no biggy. I'm okay with it. Now if I had a nice collection of stuff for myself and then she purged it all... Needless to say, that is a completely different story. I still love her and I'm willing to compromise like with all marriages.

psion128

ps. Do yall like my avatar?