PDA

View Full Version : Take a Walk on the Wildside

marissagurl
04-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Being fairly new to dressing...and never having had a full transformation, it is definetely something I want to experience very soon.

I live in the Toronto area and have heard about "Take a walk on the Wildside"....has anyone ever been there for a full transformation? I would be happy to hear your thoughts on the experience. Thanks!

Are there any other places in the Toronto area that will do transformations?

Thanks again!

Kieron Andrew
04-04-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.wildside.org/

sandra-leigh
04-05-2007, 02:37 AM
I live in the Toronto area and have heard about "Take a walk on the Wildside"....has anyone ever been there for a full transformation?

Not for a transformation, but I did buy my first real shoes and forms there. If I recall, I found the selection of dresses a bit disappointing -- a bit too much on the flashy (or trashy) side for my taste, not much selection at all of nice "age appropriate" dresses or skirts. If I understand correctly, when you go for a full transformation, the outfit is selected from their stock, so if your plan was to go out and blend rather than go out and shine, then you might want to bring your own outfit. Possibly they've changed the variety by now -- it was about a year and a half ago that I was there.

Carin
04-05-2007, 03:50 AM
I can't speak for that location, but yea for a transformation.
I had my first full makeover a few weeks ago and it felt great.

Trisha51
04-05-2007, 05:46 AM
I have not had a transformation there either, but did have my first makeover there - enjoyed every minute. I bought my first wigs and shoes there too.
If you are looking for a makeover only, you might try MAC on Bloor just west of Bay St. - they're excellent.

Hugz
Trisha

Bonnie D
04-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Hi Marissa,

I've been to Wildside but did my own makeup and transformation. It gave me a place to start my night out on the town with a few of the other gurls. The second time I was there I rented a room so I didn't have to drive anywhere when I returned there to change back.

Goodhandy's will be starting to do transformations on Saturdays. You could look into that.

Best of Luck and have fun!

Bonnie

julie w
04-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I had my first transformation at wild side at least 15years ago ,
and I used to visit when I was in toronto , I haven,t been there for
a couple of years , You should go if you have not been made up before
the look they give is a bit drag queeny so are the clothes , if you have your
own clothes take them and you camera
they used to rent lockers . go on a saturday when other girls will be
there , wild side is a great place for the beginner cd
there is another club in toronto xpressions .org , go and have fun

MJ
04-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi Marissa,

[QUOTE]Goodhandy's will be starting to do transformations on Saturdays. You could look into that.

and after you can go to Zelda's for some good food and entertainment on a Saturday night