PDA

View Full Version : Treated with respect while wig shopping

cindychan
04-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Hello ladies. Today I went to a local butique and bought a spendy wig (finally;) Anyway It was a great experience in dealing with the lady that worked there. It was located in this house that had bushes and tress around it, so it was very private and secluded. The owner, an elderly woman was helping an other elderly woman and her daughter try on wigs. When I walked in she asked if I needed help. I replied that I was looking for a femminem wig. Then of all the people a male cop walks out of one of the rooms! Which I know he herd my reply, but he was polite and we exchanged greetings ( I guess it pays to be nice to them). Once he left the owner told me it would be a half hour because she was fitting wigs for the older woman. I said no problem, then she handed me all these wig books and asked me which ones I would like. I didn't mind waiting because the store was full of other femme items like suim suits, dresses and hats, which I brosed before looking at the books. Anyway when she was done she asked me all sorts of questions about colors and preferences. I showed her some from the books. Then she had me try on wig the was nice but lack the volume I was looking for. Then she said I'll be back in a sec. I was getting a bit nervous because I wanted to get the wig and go.
She then returned with the most perfect wig for me. As I tried one on we were amazed at how more femme in made me look. It was a brown Hernry Margu wig. She explained it was made from human hair and blended. It really shaped my face and brownish color looked good. I was sold instantly then she explained how to care for it and how to store it. She said since it was discontinued she would knock it down to $130 from $260. I was so pleased then she showed me different ways to style it. I asked her how often guys like me go in there. She replied "more than you realize" hinting about the cop that left eariler , by saying "just before you came in I was fitting a man for a bra". We both laughed. After the purchase she gave me shampoo and a specail brush for the wig. It was such a nice event that I have no regrets about.:hugs:

Sally2005
04-05-2007, 01:40 AM
I also had a positive experience when I bought mine. The woman who sold me mine also said it is quite common for guys to buy them (when you think about it most woman have their own hair so it makes sense). It is fun to try a lot of different wigs to see how your appearance changes. Glad you had the chance to do it.

AllieSF
04-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Now for a photo of you in the new wig, or is that you wearing it in your avatar? Congratulations, you must feel so good right now.

cindychan
04-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Now for a photo of you in the new wig, or is that you wearing it in your avatar? Congratulations, you must feel so good right now.

Oh yes it feels wonderful. It's like the final piece to the puzzle has been found!

crusadergirl
04-05-2007, 02:12 AM
Samehere i have been treated really good everytime i have went to buy a wig. i got to pretty cheap wigs the first 2 times. When i went in the 3rd time they talked me in to looking at higher priced wigs and i got one. There were two ladies in there buying one as well they never said anything to me they just smiled at me. I never go in the privite rooms i didn't think i would see anybody i knew come in. They have told me guys come in all the time i just haven't seen one yet. Only women so far.

sandra-leigh
04-05-2007, 03:32 AM
She then returned with the most perfect wig for me. As I tried one on we were amazed at how more femme in made me look. It was a brown Hernry Margu wig.

I looked at the Henry Margu line; definitely some nice wigs there, especially some of the human hair ones.

Victoria Anne
04-05-2007, 03:52 AM
congrats Cindy, I know how wonderful it feels and you must be on top of the world right now so enjoy.:happy:

RachelDenise
04-05-2007, 04:48 AM
I love the way your new hair frames your face! You look great.

cindychan
04-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Yup the new hair is my avatar:hugs:

ArleneRaquel
04-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Your new wig looks great. You get sexier & sexier ! :love: & :hugs: Trina - A Lover of Sexy Women

Danielle_oc_ca
04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I bought a wig once from a small shop on Hollywood Blvd at 11AM. I asked the lady if it was unusual for a man to buy a wig. Her reply was "You're not even the first one today".

I bought another at Hollywood Costume down the street and the sales lady there was a TG.

So at least here in LA, I don't think its that unusual to go buy a wig from a retail wig store, even in drab.

Danielle

Kerrie Sifton
04-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Cindy, thanks for the story I am on the prowl for a suitable wig, and your information is certainly encouraging, I love the new look, it is very flattering

Victoria Pink
04-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I have bought 4 wigs and each time it has been a very positive experience. The associates are very helpful. I've received compliments on my skirts, shoes, looks, etc.

Victoria

Samantha B L
04-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Congrats on your purchase Cindy.My first openly TG shopping experiance was buying a wig years ago.The people who ran the store made no bones about my being m to f cd.It was a pleasure.

Angie G
04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
It's cool to have that sort of thing happen :hugs:
Angie

Stephanie-L
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
$130 for a human hair wig, thats a great deal. It's also great that you were treated well. It sounds like that store deals with TG folk a lot, go back and spend money, keep her in business. I also have had great experiences shopping for wigs, most wig shops have a CD clientel I'm sure. Great job...Stephanie

soozeqct
04-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I bought my wigs from Tonkin's in Waterbury, CT. Kathy was very friendly; couldn't have been more helpful, first via emal to assure me that her business was friendly, then with personal assistance in helping me select the right colors and styles to fit my budget.
I highly recommend the stoer to any girl looking for that personal touch while making a major decision such as purchasing a wig, or wigs...If there are any CT girls who are looking to go, I'd be more than happy to join you.
Huggs, Susie

Josephine 1941
04-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi Sooz

I was at Tomkins in Waterbury too great place, all the girls from COS go there every so many times a year. I am down here in Flordia an went to an up scale wig shop in this mall in Sarasota with my girl friend as she wanted me to have a wig the same color as her hair. We started talking to the sales ladie about wigs an since I was my self, the women said to my GF but your hair is redis brown all ready. My GF said no its for him an she looked at me, I smiled an said yes. We tried on a couple an I found one that matched her hair so we said OK rap it. The sales clerk was very nice an just before we left she said to my GF I want one like him were did you find him. It made me feel good an my GF too.

Jesse69
04-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Yes, the best wig I have ever bought were from stores. My 3 ebay wigs were disappointing so no more ebay.

If I'm gonna spend more than $100 on a wig I definitely want to try it on first to see how it makes me look.

My best wig so far only cost $32 after tax. It's almost perfect because it has lots of hair and is the right length. But the problem is the front middle section is a bit long and skimpy in the number of hairs. So I'm still looking for the perfect wig.