PDA

View Full Version : Spa Facial - My Experience

Rhonda Jean
04-05-2007, 09:16 AM
I had a Spa Facial yesterday. My first facial ever. For those of you who might be considering this, here's what you can expect.

Don't expect anything sensual, erotic, or otherwis thrilling! The setting is more than a little feminine, obviously geared for women, but not intensely so. I was led to a room with a umber of instruments that resembled a dentists office. There treatment was done with me lying on a bed that was probably an exam table. I filled out a personal info form that included questions like, "Are you pregnant?" and, "Are you on any kind of birth control?". I was dressed casual fem. Hair in a ponytail, no makeup, short sleeved knit top, flare leg jeans and flip flops. She told me to take off my shirt and showed me how to put on the little terry wrap, "Just put it around you right here", indicating just above my boobs (that is, if I had boobs!). She left the room while I filled out the form and put on the wrap.

When she came back she told me to get comfortable on the bed. She dimmed the lights and put on some relaxing music. She put a wrap around my face to keep stuff out of my hair. From there on it was a series of masks, massage from my elbows up including my chest (above the wrap), some light dermabrasion, steam treatment, etc.. About 1-1/2 hours all together. She explained what she was doing at each step. I didn't go to sleep, but I was very relaxed.

I'd love to say that it made a big difference in my skin. Unfortunately, this morning I can tell you it's no miracle. There's really little to no difference in my skin. It certainly feels good while you're getting it done. I'm not sure I'll do it again, but I wouldn't be apprehensive about it. it was one of those things I wanted to do "just 'cause". Glad I did it, but I'll move on to another "just 'cause" endeavor next time. Probably a regular facial and getting my evebrows waxed next.

Tamara Croft
04-05-2007, 09:38 AM
One treatment isn't going to do anything to your skin, it isn't an overnight cure for anything. If you want to see any kind of results, then you have to do a daily skin care routine yourself. A facial isn't a treatment unless you have it done regularly, if you have a one off treatment, then it's done merely for pleasure, relaxation etc.

You will find that a salon room is like a dentists room, equipment has to be sterile, the room has to be clean etc...

I don't know what you actually expected, but next time, when you have a treatment done, you might want to research it first. One more thing, you cannot have a facial done 'and' an eyebrow wax at the same time. Any salon doing this is breaking the cross infection rule. When you have your brows waxed, the pores are susceptible to infection, putting on any creams, oils etc for facials can cause infections.

Nicole
04-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Agreed with Tamara. Most facials are like massages. You need a regular daily skin care program to see results. Exfoliate, cleanse, a little splash of toner afterward, and moisturize is all most people need to look great.

Rhonda Jean
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I do the daily stuff, too. I really had few expectations. I was just warning everyone to not expect a miracle. I wouldn't be able to afford to do this on a regular basis! It was just a special thing, basically like a massage. Thanks for the info on the facial and eybrow wax. I did plan on doing them together. Now I know that won't happen. Just another one of those things I didn't learn growing up. I'm always willing to learn, though! Thanks for the replies!

Rhonda Jean
04-05-2007, 12:51 PM
One more thing Tamara and Karen...I think I may have come across wrong in my original post. I wasn't disappointed in any way! I tipped 50%! My purpose in posting certainly wasn't to dissuade anyone from getting it done. I was very satisfied. My only reason to post was to just give a description of the process. A lot of us don't have much idea what to expect. Sometimes it helps to have some detail to help us get ofer the anxiety associated with something that should be done for pure pleasure. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding!

Nicole
04-05-2007, 01:16 PM
No, no, thanks for the description! Sorry to sound like a bossy know it all. I've never had a facial before. It sounds like a great way to begin a two hour massage or deluxe pedicure. :happy:

Tamara Croft
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Ah, well that makes more sense ;) You could of just asked me what to expect, I am a Beauty Therapist ya know :D

(maybe you didn't know lol)

It is the most wonderful treatment you could ever have. However, all my clients fall to sleep :tongueout

Rhonda Jean
04-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Glad I cleared that up, Tamara and Karen. And Tamara, I didn't know, but I'll certainly keep that in mind! In fact, while I'm at it, what's a spa pedicure compared to just a pedicure? Thanks,
Rhonda

Phyliss
04-06-2007, 02:14 AM
"Facials" one of those pleasures that most guys don't get to experience. I've had a few and, for who haven't yet indulged, all I can say is please treat yourself. I didn't go to sleep but I sure was totally relaxed, so relaxed in fact that the woman who was "doing" me thought I had fallen asleep and asked a few times if I was awake.
With daily attention to my face and the occasional "facial' (just for fun) I've been told that I appear about 5 years younger than I really am. (And that's without makeup)
The salon I go to recently installed a tanning bed and to make room for it had to reconfigure their facial treatment room. However the good news is that they'll be moving to a larger building in June and be having a "facial" room. Looking forward to June.