PDA

View Full Version : Shaving question

Dressing up
02-17-2005, 10:45 PM
I was in the shower the other day and finally shaved my legs after many years of thinking about it, completely on impulse. Unfortunately, it is best i keep my CDing in the closet for now. How long does it take to grow leg hair back again? Will i be able to wear shorts in a few weeks with out looking like someone who recently shaved?

Oh well, I do love the look and feel of my legs right now. Even at work today with trousers (yuch), I could feel my smooth legs against the insides of my pants.

Vallari
02-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Oh honey it'll most likely start growing back in by tomorrow. By the next day or two it'll hurt to wear pants and the like because of the little hair bristles! :D
The hair will start being noticeably denser in about two or so weeks I believe.

Enjoy the silky smoothness while you can - than again it's addictive so you may not be able to stop! ;)

windycissy
02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Takes me 5-6 weeks for the hair to be as long as it was. Once you get it off, my advice is to keep it off! Besides, a lot of guys shave down these days - like Andre Agassi and Arnold Schwarzenneger when he was in the movies. I predict that men will aspire to the sleek, hairless look more and more.

stefanie
02-18-2005, 12:00 AM
i've shaved for some time now.....have gone out in public, family, friends, etc....i am sure some have wondered why but no one has ever said anything....i have rarely seen anyone stare at my legs (well, at least not when I am in heels and a cute skirt).

I just love the feeling of soft, smooth sexy legs! Sometimes, I can't stop just touching my own skin.

Sweet Susan
02-18-2005, 01:59 AM
i've shaved for some time now.....have gone out in public, family, friends, etc....i am sure some have wondered why but no one has ever said anything....i have rarely seen anyone stare at my legs (well, at least not when I am in heels and a cute skirt).

I just love the feeling of soft, smooth sexy legs! Sometimes, I can't stop just touching my own skin.

Oh, God, I know that feeling! I can't stand to have hair on my legs or chest.

It takes about 6 weeks to have full length hair on my legs. I never last longer than a week. I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you, unless of course you play rugby or tennis. Then they might notice.

LindaTS
02-18-2005, 08:34 AM
That's a question this girl can't answer. When the hair came off years ago it stayed off. Only one doctor ever made a comment about it.

Priscilla1018
02-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Takes me 5-6 weeks for the hair to be as long as it was. Once you get it off, my advice is to keep it off! Besides, a lot of guys shave down these days - like Andre Agassi and Arnold Schwarzenneger when he was in the movies. I predict that men will aspire to the sleek, hairless look more and more.

I agree,

I am a body builder so shaving is not exactly new to me and no one thinks it's stange when I'm in the weight room. How many knicks did you have? The first time I shaved I had nicks on my legs and got too close to my nipples. :eek: You develope your skills fairly fast once the wounds heal.

Hugs,
Priscilla

Virginia
02-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Unless you have an SO who may question your shaving - don't worry about it! If you, like most of us , like the results as Nike says _ "Just Do It!" I can give you a whole litney of reasons if you are asked "if" or "why" you shave yor legs. It is very unlikely that a total stranger will walk up and ask why you shave yor legs, but if they have the unmitigated gall to do so:
1. I am a ____________ (name your sport, swimmer, or as Pricilla a body builder or a cyclist or like me, a powerlifter) I do it for competitive reasons.
2. I have the Ebola virus and it just fell out!
3. I never had hair on my legs - heridity - but thanks for noticing!
4. I am a native-American and we have very little body hair - you big ape!!!
5. Get the f#$@ outta my face you moron!!!!
6. Wow I did not notice - wonder what contagious disease I have that cause that? Here let me shake your hand for pointing that out!
I could go on and on but you get the point! I go boating during th summer and I shave head to toe and well the fact that I can bench press over 400 pounds probably helps but I have never been asked why I shave!
Virginia

ChristineRenee
02-18-2005, 10:05 AM
I hate body hair and have been shaving it for years. This year was the first year that I have shaved my arms and kept it that way too, and so glad I did. The hair on my legs grows very, very, slowly anyway and I don't get stubble, so I wouldn't be a good example or indicator as far as regrowth time goes. When I first started it would take 6-8 weeks to grow back completely but mine were never very hairy to begin with. I have never had anyone ask me about it other than my older brother once remarking..."your skin is awfully pale there isn't it?" I just said "well, yeah, I need to get some suntan going there you know?" End of discussion.

Once you get used to the feeling you want to keep it that way. It is worth the effort, and the more you do it the better you get at it. I rarely ever nick or cut myself anymore and the feeling of soft, smooth, bare skin all over is delicious...especially in the shower or when wearing pantyhose or stockings!;) :cool:

Love,
Chrissie:)

Priscilla1018
02-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Unless you have an SO who may question your shaving - don't worry about it! If you, like most of us , like the results as Nike says _ "Just Do It!" I can give you a whole litney of reasons if you are asked "if" or "why" you shave yor legs. It is very unlikely that a total stranger will walk up and ask why you shave yor legs, but if they have the unmitigated gall to do so:
1. I am a ____________ (name your sport, swimmer, or as Pricilla a body builder or a cyclist or like me, a powerlifter) I do it for competitive reasons.
2. I have the Ebola virus and it just fell out!
3. I never had hair on my legs - heridity - but thanks for noticing!
4. I am a native-American and we have very little body hair - you big ape!!!
5. Get the f#$@ outta my face you moron!!!!
6. Wow I did not notice - wonder what contagious disease I have that cause that? Here let me shake your hand for pointing that out!
I could go on and on but you get the point! I go boating during th summer and I shave head to toe and well the fact that I can bench press over 400 pounds probably helps but I have never been asked why I shave!
Virginia

Hi Virginia,

I loved reasons 2 thru 6. Way to go.

Hugs,
Priscilla

nikky
02-18-2005, 11:03 AM
for me its about 3 or 4 weeks till you can wear shorts again. in fact i shaved mine 3 1/2 weeks ago and i began wearing shorts again to the gym the other day. the funny thing is yesterday at the gym when we finished our workout my buddy kept looking down at my legs, i think he suspected it but never said anything :o . hes into the metro waxing look himself but not on the leggs as far as i know. maybe he is also a crossdresser. we are both straight and both engaged actually, but people joke with us because we are both rather girlie about things. like shoes, hair, pants and so forth. anyway im off the topic of the thread. my bad. i just thought it was funny. :)

Dressing up
02-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all the replies girls, I know I am rather new at this.

Virginia, I love your answers especially reason #5! I think I will keep shaving them for a while now that it is easier, the first time was a real chore, 30+ years of hair. Besides now I don't hve to wear opaque tights.

Merinda
02-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Just say that you lost the bet ,

example -

Just after a sporting event tell your friends that you made a bet some time back that if team(x) lost the game you would shave your bodyhair for the next five years.

if you bet on an upcomming event you may WIN the bet which makes the whole exersise useless , best to make it retrospective.

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-19-2005, 06:04 PM
I was in the shower the other day and finally shaved my legs after many years of thinking about it, completely on impulse. Unfortunately, it is best i keep my CDing in the closet for now. How long does it take to grow leg hair back again? Will i be able to wear shorts in a few weeks with out looking like someone who recently shaved?

Oh well, I do love the look and feel of my legs right now. Even at work today with trousers (yuch), I could feel my smooth legs against the insides of my pants.
If only we could be so lucky!!!!
LOL!
I, as a GG, shave every stinkin' day!

Julie York
02-19-2005, 06:34 PM
You're in big trouble now.
I shaved my legs two months ago. And then I decided to let it all grow back and then it is very unpleasant and itches and your legs go spotty and hurt so I thought....hmm maybe if I shave them again.....

Big trouble!! It's a terrible addiction.

But hey.....(sniff)....I can handle it... (Heroin joke for anyone over 30. UK. If you don't get it....tough.)

Jeannie9
02-20-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi Julie,

I too loved the feeling so much that I've gone the laser hair removal route. This has allowed me to say goodbye to red bumbs, razor burn, cuts well you name it.

I now need to run the electric shaver twice a week over my legs for that nice smooth feeling.

Beeing smooth is addictive.

Jeannie

PS: Before LHR it was 6 to 8 weeks before I could wear shorts. Now, well, I'm follicaly challenged and loving it!