PDA

View Full Version : softer..........yes.........

Wendy me
02-18-2005, 09:17 AM
i love that feeling and the smell of hand and boady lotion and creams............
just can't get enough of them ..........now on a cocoa butter kick thingy
the smell the feel .....soooo soft and smouth..............now my hands witch were once rough and calested are so soft and pretty not at all tough
now thay cut or bruse so easy ............but i just can't stop using the creams and lotions .............a new softer smother me............nice ;)

Virginia
02-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Wendy, I agree. I do some older home remodeling and my hands really take a beating. There are some situations where I just can not wear gloves to protect them, but I have tried wearing nail tips (and painting them), It helps as it makes me think twice about where I put my hands. Also after shaving your legs, etc., lotion sure makes your legs look nice under sheer hose!
Virginia

Stephanie Brooks
02-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Hiya Wendy!

For a treat, place just the tiniest dab of your favorite cologne or perfume on one of your wrists, and rub it against the other wrist. Discretely throughout the day, move one of your wrists near your nose and sample.

Maybe you shouldn't. It's like a drug. ;)

ChristineRenee
02-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Me too sis. I've had a problem with dry skin for years and don't use soap because of it. I love hand and body lotions too...moisturize...moisturize...moisturize! I have been using a great line of products I get at my salon from Aveda....Hand Relief for your hands...they also make a Foot Relief too which is terriffic...and Carribean Therapy, a body creme with carribean mango, lime, and amyris. Simply wonderful. Not cheap....but if you are really into the softness and how these lotions absorb into your skin and not leave a greasy feeling...these are the best!

I also like Aveeno quite a bit too. Not as expensive and helps me be able to ration the Aveda so I don't go through it so fast.

Great topic sis!:)

Wendy me
02-18-2005, 09:48 AM
Hiya Wendy!

For a treat, place just the tiniest dab of your favorite cologne or perfume on one of your wrists, and rub it against the other wrist. Discretely throughout the day, move one of your wrists near your nose and sample.

Maybe you shouldn't. It's like a drug. ;)

no way like i need anouther thing to get obessed with ...........er well ok i will try it....................... :p

Sandra H
02-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Me too sis. I've had a problem with dry skin for years and don't use soap because of it. I love hand and body lotions too...moisturize...moisturize...moisturize! I have been using a great line of products I get at my salon from Aveda....Hand Relief for your hands...they also make a Foot Relief too which is terriffic...

Great names for skin products. Hand relief and foot relief. I have never tried them for moisturising but they sound great.

I have tried hand relief many times and I have always found it great, but only done the foot relief once and did my back in. :eek: I am still getting treatment for it. I think it is a thing for the younger ones when you are more supple. :D

Wendy me
02-18-2005, 11:33 AM
stephaine i did that with the perfume a tinny teeny drop..........your right it is like a drug ......so well just veary nice..........we shold bottle it.......................oh..........
never mind ...........thanks................

Ashleigh
02-18-2005, 03:32 PM
The only place I can't reach is my back with the lotion, so, my wife gently rubs it on. As far as perfume, one "shot" of Jungle Gardenia does it for me.

Sweet Susan
02-18-2005, 05:21 PM
I am a lover of wearing scents designed for females. Lotions and perfumes help enhance the feeling of being feminine. Oh,......yes, the love of it all. It is hopeless, is it not? Are we not merely prisoners of our own doing?

ToniB
02-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Sandra, I find hand relief very satisfactory too, much better when I am dressed as well! It's the main reason I dress.
I also find foot relief impossible at my age, dressed or not.
Must be our NW England sense of humour which makes us pick up on this one. No one else has!

Toni

DonnaT
02-18-2005, 05:57 PM
OPI makes a great skin/hand cream. The best I've found so far.

Avojuice. I like the "Peach Jucie" sweet, soft scent of just picked peaches.

It is filled with super-softening Peach extract, nourishing Avocado and healing Aloe extracts.

I've tried one of the other OPI creams (pear), but it just does not make the skin feel as soft as the peach does. And if you've felt the skin of a peach, you'll know what I'm talking about.

http://uniquenails.net/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/OPI%20Avojuice%20Peach.jpg

Alayna
02-19-2005, 06:10 AM
I am into lotions and girly smells WAAAY too much for my wallet's health! I track Bath and Body Works sales like a tiger tracks a gazelle! I was really on a body butter kick (sweet pea and black cherry are intoxicating;)) but now I've discovered sugar scrubs! They make your skin feel much softer and cleaner than with lotion alone - of course I still use a little body butter afterwards though:D

ChristineRenee
02-19-2005, 07:55 AM
OPI makes a great skin/hand cream. The best I've found so far.

Avojuice. I like the "Peach Jucie" sweet, soft scent of just picked peaches.

It is filled with super-softening Peach extract, nourishing Avocado and healing Aloe extracts.

I've tried one of the other OPI creams (pear), but it just does not make the skin feel as soft as the peach does. And if you've felt the skin of a peach, you'll know what I'm talking about.

http://uniquenails.net/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/OPI%20Avojuice%20Peach.jpgI'll have to check these out next visit to my salon. Hope them have them. Otherwise, I assume I can get these online right? This Peach thingey looks yummy! Thanks for the post on this Donna!:cool:

Love,
Chrissie:)

ChristineRenee
02-19-2005, 07:59 AM
I am into lotions and girly smells WAAAY too much for my wallet's health! I track Bath and Body Works sales like a tiger tracks a gazelle! I was really on a body butter kick (sweet pea and black cherry are intoxicating;)) but now I've discovered sugar scrubs! They make your skin feel much softer and cleaner than with lotion alone - of course I still use a little body butter afterwards though:DOh us too Alayna! The wife and I both love the products from Bath and Body Works. Haven't been for awhile too so it's about time to make another run soon. Thanks for the input hon!;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

JoannaDees
02-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Ahhhh. Bath and Body Works. The ex and I would spend hundreds of dollars there ... mostly for her at the time. I go there now and spend less but still more than I should. I've stopped in with friends before and they've kind of looked at me funny as I purchased smellies. I'm hooked on Cotton Blossom myself. I do need more Cotton Blossom air freshener refills .... hmmmm ... time for the mall I think.

Joanna

Georgette
02-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Ah BB&W what a wonderful place. just stopped in this morning and got Jasamine bubble bath couldn't wait to get home to get in the tub and soak ah the life of a Girl. LOL :rolleyes: