PDA

View Full Version : makeover at Dillards

dianem
04-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I signed up for a makeover at Dillards this coming Wed. It is with a nationally known make up artist. For $30 I get the makeover and $30 of product. When I made my reservation I asked if they were OK with crossdressers and they said "of course". Has anyone else ever experienced this? I don't know what to expect.

Dixie
04-07-2007, 09:43 PM
WOW! Let us know how it turns out. If it is a good experiance I may have to try that.

Syuviel
04-07-2007, 09:46 PM
ooh! ooh!! i want i want!!

you're soooo lucky!!

Billijo49504
04-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow, only $30, that's pretty good. At Macy's, they told me it would be $50 for a make over with the Lancome make up artist. And that didn't cover any products....BJ

Angie G
04-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Thatis great hun we will ned pics you go girl :hugs: \
Angie

Paula T
04-08-2007, 04:56 PM
please let us know. I haven't worked up the nerve to do that yet. I always do my own makeup except one time at a CD event and it was fun not having to do it myself.(maybe I'm just getting lazy):o

loriannetucson
04-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I've always wanted to do that, and I think I'm finally getting enough courage to do something like that. Let us know how it turned out!

CherylKCCD
04-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I know the Dillards in Las Vegas is well known as TG friendly for makeovers and such. I've had 2 makeovers at MAC, but MAC is the most CD friendly cosmetics store that I know of. I think if you ask them, you'll find you're not the first crossdresser they've made over.

Glenda58
04-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Any place that does makeup and makeovers has work with CDers. So if you don't want to go to a mall big store there are smaller place that sale makeup and do makeovers with rooms where you can change if you want. Just look in your local phone book for a place near you. Every place I called would work with CDers.

Billie Jean
04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
The Dillards' nearest to me has one problem. The cosmetics manager grew up with me and graduated the same year. Billie Jean

Joy Carter
04-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I went to a MAC counter and they treated me rather well. I can't recommend it enough. You girls who are just hanging on the out side looking in. What on earth is stopping you +?

Danielle_oc_ca
04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
The Romaine Marcus of London (www.rmlcosmetics.com) shop in Costa Mesa, California is very TG friendly. They charge about $60.00 but that includes the products she uses. My picture here was taken at a glamor photoshoot they had there a year or so ago. Romaine did my hair (yes, that's my own hair) and I did my own makeup that day.

Danielle

uknowhoo
04-09-2007, 11:09 PM
I had a make-over at at a salon a while back and, while I was a tad nervous at the outset, it was a lovely experience. It was a small, not-very-busy stand-alone shop. I would think a Dep't Store might be a lil more daunting, but definitely doable, especially given the offer you're getting! Have fun and do let us know how it goes (with pics!). xoxo Tammi

Stephanie-L
04-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Have fun and tell us how it goes (Pictures girl, pictures). My only experience with Dillards was when I was investigating bra fittings and they were one of the few places that would not do a fitting on a CD, but that is here in very conservative Texas.....Stephanie

Wenda
04-11-2007, 03:53 AM
That sounds great Diane. It sounds like they were having a special promotion? w