PDA

View Full Version : Easter Sunday Enfemme at Church

Melanie R
04-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Melanie has always wanted to attend Easter Sunday church services in a new Easter dress with white heels. Unfortunately this Easter in Houston the weather was more like Chirstmas with temps in the low 40's. I dressed in one of my favorite valor outfits and attended the 11 AM service at Resurrection MCC in Houston. The church was full of families with may gays and lesbians present but only one other TG person. The greetings and hugs I received from the ministers and many others present almost brought me to tears. I walked to the altar for communion with the choir singing "Come Just As You Are". The minister gave me the bread and wine and then hugged me and said "we all love you - come often". I broke down in tears of joy. The special vocalist for the service was a very famous Broadway star who was the lead for years in the Phantom of the Opera. So beautiful! My pew neighbor took the picture below. The second picture is of the dance group performing to end the service.

Now in my lifetime I will do this in my 46,000 member Baptist church. That is my prayer.

Kimberly
04-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm so happy for you, Mel!! xx

Jenna1561
04-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I too am happy for you Mel. Wish I could have gone - but alas I had to work during all 4 sevices of the day. Sounds like a great church, have you been there much before?

Jenna

XDW Nathan-Natasha
04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Good for you! That's something I'm not quite comfortable with - going to church enfemme, that is. It's not that I'm worried about offending God or anyone - He's pretty much fine with it from what I know - it's just I don't want to offend other members of the congregation. They're probably not all as understanding as God is.

But damn, woman - you look great! If you would have walked up to me in church I would have thought you a GG for sure; no different from the other church-going ladies! Nice work!

Good luck with your Baptist congregation though - even in a congregation of 46,000 (BIG CHURCH!) a single cross-dressing member would probably stick out like a sore thumb - but then you do pass in my opinion. I'd say try it! With prayer, all's possible.

loriannetucson
04-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm very happy for you, Melanie! I look forward to the day when Lori Anne can attend services while fully dressed and being the person I know God has made me to be! A few months ago for the first time I was singing at church and I felt this wonderful still small voice say in my heart, "I love you, daughter." I immediately started crying. It was a wonderful experience and I still feel that way that God does love me and doesn't condemn me.

Melanie R
04-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Good luck with your Baptist congregation though - even in a congregation of 46,000 (BIG CHURCH!) a single cross-dressing member would probably stick out like a sore thumb - but then you do pass in my opinion. I'd say try it! With prayer, all's possible.

One Saturday night Melanie did attend services. I did not sit with my wife and no one seemed to pay me any special attention so I guess I passed.

Melanie R
04-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I too am happy for you Mel. Wish I could have gone - but alas I had to work during all 4 sevices of the day. Sounds like a great church, have you been there much before?

Jenna

I have not attended services there previously. About six months ago my wife and I did a presentation on transgendered persons for the ministers and leaders of the church. This church this year is a $650 Platinum sponsor of our 15th annual Houston Transgender Unity Banquet scheduled next Saturday night. In todays church announcement the senior minister invited all the church to attend our banquet and said he would be there. We expect 250 at the banquet including 12 ministers from 6 different churches - no Baptist churches yet.

Jocelyn Quivers
04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm also happy for you Melanie, I attended church today as well, although in drab mode only. Jocelyn

Rachel Morley
04-08-2007, 07:28 PM
The special vocalist for the service was a very famous Broadway star who was the lead for years in the Phantom of the Opera.
Do you mean Sandra Joesph? She has been the lead female as Christine Daae on Broadway since 1999.

QUOTE: "Sandra Joseph, who has the distinction of having played the role of Christine Daae on Broadway more than any other actress (nearly 1,300 performances). She will play her final performance Saturday evening, April 15." You can click HERE (http://www.reallyuseful.com/rug/shows/phantom/newsDetail.htm?id=306) or HERE (http://www.broadwayworld.com/bios/viewstar.cfm?starid=152) for verification of this. Was it Sandra?

I'm very happy for you Mel. :happy:

Joyce1702
04-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Awesome Mel! Congrats!

Joyce

Glenda58
04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Congrats Mel. I also went to mass today en femme. I had bought a outfit for Easter. And like you the temps were more for Xmas here in Michigan 23 this morning for church. This the second time for me. Wore my winter wool coat and took it off for communion so everyone could see my outfit as I walked to the Alter from the back of the church. I plan to go more offend en femme I have so many outfits to wear I think I could go all year and not wear the same one twice. Plus I listen to the mass more for the message in it.

Angie G
04-08-2007, 10:15 PM
You go girl :hugs:
Angie

Kristen Kelly
04-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Glad for you....only way we will be accepted in time is to be seen out in public and to speak up. you are doing you part to "get the word" out. :clap:

XDW Nathan-Natasha
04-09-2007, 09:29 AM
One Saturday night Melanie did attend services. I did not sit with my wife and no one seemed to pay me any special attention so I guess I passed.

All I can say is: 'Praise be to God.' Double plus good (random '1984' reference) for you and mega congratulations.
I'm hoping I'll be able to get to that point soon enough (though I probably won't attend a church I usually go too - too many people I know). Maybe I'll go to the cathedral in St. Paul, MN... big chruch...and it's St. Paul - there's probably lots of 'wierdos' like myself there :heehee: Of course I jest.

But again, I'm so happy you could pull it off. I'm sure that if anyone noticed you, they probably wondered: 'Who's the new woman in the congregation? She looks familiar...nah...' or something like that.
Anyhow, congratulations. And I guess I can feel safe saying this to you without offense: 'God bless!'

Melanie R
04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=Rachel Morley;816994]Do you mean Sandra Joesph? She has been the lead female as Christine Daae on Broadway since 1999.

QUOTE: "Sandra Joseph, who has the distinction of having played the role of Christine Daae on Broadway more than any other actress (nearly 1,300 performances). She will play her final performance Saturday evening, April 15."

At the service the featured soloist was Kirk Herring. Kirk was the love interest, Raoul, to Christine in the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.

Melanie

gennee
04-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm so happy for you, Melanie. To feel the love of the people must have been heaven to you. If I'm ever in Houston, I'll have to attend a Sunday service at this church.

Gennee

:hugs:

Di
04-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Wonderful, glad you finally got to do...the something...you always wanted to do:D

Lisa Marie
04-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I hope to go to church someday dressed as a female. I would love to go when every person I know is there and not have them notice me. It would be so much fun to go to church as a lady. I cant wait for the day

Billijo49504
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
WOW!!!! I wish we could all be that comfortable with our life. I really envy you for having a church that is that excepting. God loves all of us, it's just people that have the problem with us....BJ

gennee
04-12-2007, 08:29 AM
I hope to go to church someday dressed as a female. I would love to go when every person I know is there and not have them notice me. It would be so much fun to go to church as a lady. I cant wait for the day

I would love to do that, too. It wasn't one goal I set for this year but now I'm going to do it.

Gennee

:happy:

Lovely Rita
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Wow how wonderful Melanie. Thank you for sharing it with us.

sissyslavejamie
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
i think that is so beautifully wonderful!

sissy slave jamie