PDA

View Full Version : dreams

linnea
04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
I've heard and read that people dream every night. Last night, for the first time in many months, I had a dream that I remember. And more importantly to me, it was a dream about crossdressing.
In the dream, I was dress in panties, a bra, stockings, and a slip. My mother was in the dream (she passed away about fifteen years ago and did not know about my crossdressing, though I think that she may have had some suspicions). The details of the dream are pretty vague to me, but in it I was openly dressed in front of my mother.
This may seem a fairly unimportant recollection, but since I seldom remember my dreams, it is a big deal to me. A big part of its significance is that it involved crossdressing and the idea that I was "out" to my mom.

Have others had dreams about crossdressing?

stephni
04-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I've heard and read that people dream every night. Last night, for the first time in many months, I had a dream that I remember. And more importantly to me, it was a dream about crossdressing.
In the dream, I was dress in panties, a bra, stockings, and a slip. My mother was in the dream (she passed away about fifteen years ago and did not know about my crossdressing, though I think that she may have had some suspicions). The details of the dream are pretty vague to me, but in it I was openly dressed in front of my mother.
This may seem a fairly unimportant recollection, but since I seldom remember my dreams, it is a big deal to me. A big part of its significance is that it involved crossdressing and the idea that I was "out" to my mom.

Have others had dreams about crossdressing?

It probably has something to do with it being near the 15 year anniversary of your mother's passing and you maybe wishing you had told her before she passed. I was in an accident that took my friends' life in 86 and about 20 years after that, I started having dreams of my own death. Where I actually died in the dreams and I was watching my funerals.
Ok, enough morbid stuff from me, I have had many dreams of being crossdressed either by myself, or with friends and acquaintances. Probably means I really want to come out to everyone, but I'm just not quite ready to yet. Hopefully I will soon though.
:happy:

~stephni

susiej
04-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I believe the standard dream for closeted crossdressers (like me) is finding yourself in some typical real-life situation (e.g. a business meeting), but wearing a dress. Obviously, this is a manifestation of the fear a closeted CD constantly feels about being "gender-agile".

I've read somewhere that one method of clearing up lingering short-term effects of such dreams, directly after you wake up, is to "rewrite the story" in fantasy form. So, if you dream about falling off a bridge, you re-fantasize the experience to have yourself learning to fly, and soaring to the clouds, while the vision of the bridge and the water are still fresh in your mind.

After having one of these "business meeting in a dress" dreams a couple years ago, I tried this remedy. My replacement fantasy was simply that of course I wear a dress to work. As a girl, I have that choice, and I really like this dress. The other women in the room smile at me. Some of the guys in the room are staring at my boobs. Et cetera.

The result? Not only do I not have the nightmare form any more, but occasionally, I have the other, more enjoyable one :) !

Hugs,
Susie

JoAnnDallas
04-09-2007, 01:42 PM
They were talking about dreams the other day on the "Today" show. They said that you dream right up to the point where you wake up, but loose the dream when you move because dreams are not in your short term memory. So they suggest you first just lay there and not move, so you can replay the dream to store it in your short term memory. You might even try closing your eyes while your replaying the dream to help block out outside interfence. Then right after you sit up get a pencil and paper and jot down the dream.

Dixie
04-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I dream alot about crossdressing, all kinds of secnerios , but they all have a common theme which I cannot discuss here:daydreaming: :dom:

Stephanie Kay
04-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi, linnea,

I think these are wonderful dreams!! I enjoy having them as often as possible (even the ones when I am "caught" dressed up or in the act of dressing)! I never consider them to be nightmares. Sometimes, if the dream is really intense, I wake up with actual physical sensations of having worn a bra or a tight dress. I lie there and savor the feelings for as long as I can. I even try to cultivate such dreams before I go to sleep by thinking of crossdressing scenarios. My advice is to enjoy, enjoy, enjoy:happy: !!!

Love,
Stephanie

linnea
04-10-2007, 12:13 AM
It probably has something to do with it being near the 15 year anniversary of your mother's passing and you maybe wishing you had told her before she passed.

I've read somewhere that one method of clearing up lingering short-term effects of such dreams, directly after you wake up, is to "rewrite the story" in fantasy form. So, if you dream about falling off a bridge, you re-fantasize the experience to have yourself learning to fly, and soaring to the clouds, while the vision of the bridge and the water are still fresh in your mind.

They were talking about dreams the other day on the "Today" show. They said that you dream right up to the point where you wake up, but loose the dream when you move because dreams are not in your short term memory.

I think these are wonderful dreams!! I enjoy having them as often as possible (even the ones when I am "caught" dressed up or in the act of dressing)!

Thank you to all of you who responded; you've provided me with some helpful insights and suggestions. I really did enjoy having my dream, and I imagine that at least in part it was induced by my wish that I had told my mother about my crossdressing. I've also been "trying" to have crossdressing dreams, but not in any systematic way. Anyhow, I am glad that I had and remembered this one and hope for more.

Angela E.
04-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I dream very frequently about being en-femme in all kinds of situations.Sometimes my mother is present but usually not(she passed away 13 years ago this January).My mother knew about my crossdressing so my situation is a little different, but there is nothing unusual about dreams where we desire acceptance from those we love.I have said this in at least two other posts,but try vitamin B6 if you want to remember your dreams better.I have always dreamt in color,but it is also supposed to help those that don`t. Sweet dreams:hugs: -Angela.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :GE: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming:

Wenda
04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Interesting that you post this now. I have had some recurring dreams along the same theme. It started in real life a bit more than a week ago, when one of the 'spunky' young ladies that I work with contemplated shaving her head for 'Relay for Life' if she received pledges of $500. It impressed me at the time.
That night I dreamt that I made a related pledge to dress completely at work if $200 was raised. The pledge must have been met, because the dream ended with me at work, en femme, doing what I usually do.
The simliar dream recurred a few nights later, but a couple of nights ago, the latest edition was very clear, and I was being interviewed on one of the local tv networks on the noon show, and sharing the challenges of finding clothes, size 12 shoes, etc, etc. My last image is the ladies in customer service being irritated because of an avalanche in donations of size 12 women's shoes, none of which they can wear. It was so vivid that I checked my closet to ensure that none of the skirts or shoes were there.
I have very mixed feelings about this dream. On one hand, it is a dream come true, on the other, it could be a career-ending nightmare. When I shared it with my GF, she said, "well, just make sure you get approval before you do it".
The young lady who prompted the dream has since, I believe, decided to not shave her head. That may be it. Many of my dreams, I do not remember, but a few are so vivid that I later wonder if they actually happened. w.

linnea
04-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Thank you to Wenda and Angela for additional insights on the crossdressing dreams. I think that I'll try the vitamins. I would really like to induce some crossdressing dreams if I could. Anyway, I'll enjoy those that I have.

cindychan
04-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I have dreams about being enfemme all the time, ever since I was 5. In fact I had a strange dream last night about superheroes fighting enfemme.

Jill
04-11-2007, 01:09 AM
It seems like we have a lot of posts regarding dreams and CD dreams, it's a very recurring theme. But it definitely bares repeating, I've had so many dreams about this lately, it seems like there's little else these days that I dream about. It almost seems like I have some kind of CD dream every night these days. Everything from being in hiding, being dressed in public, having GG's dress me up and so on. I don't really believe in dream interpretation, like the work that Freud did on it but there seems to be something more to it then I first thought, my CD dreams are becoming very telling for me.

Shelly18
04-11-2007, 09:33 AM
i have dreams all the time bout being dressed as a girl and that i was in some kinda of seen that i have always wanted to be in. it happens very often. Alot of my dreams involve me dressing freely in my house in front of my house with my parents there. i hate it when i wake up :(

Michelle 51
04-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Any time i dream about crossdressing i'm dressed and feeling really good and then something or other will happen and i'm getting caught or trying to hide so i don't get caught. Justabit

Kate Simmons
04-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I hardly ever dream about crossdressing, if it is in there, it's usually something in passing such as looking at a dress or something briefly. I'm usually dreaming about something wherein I'm an adventure guy discovering something or finding out some secret (like with the government) I'm not supposed to know and then struggling with them. This really in no way seems strange to me because number 1. I am an adventurous person and like solving mysteries and number 2. I CD a lot of the time anyway. I just figure dreams are supposed to be an escape from reality and that is pretty much mine.:happy:

trannie T
04-12-2007, 01:32 AM
I rarely remember my dreams but last night was the first one I remember about crossdressing. I dreamed that the only thing I was wearing above my waist was a bra. I felt more awkward than embarrased, but did not enjoy the experience. Maybe this will replace the walking around naked dream.

TG-Taru
04-12-2007, 08:16 AM
I don't usually remember dreaming either, I think it has to do in what stage of dream you wake up. I did have a trans dream, fairly complicated, that I liked and was sure to write doen before I forgot. I'll dig it up and post it later if I remember. The relevant bit of the short short version: I went into water male, turned into a mermaid and came up a female.

Don't recall dreaming of dressing, but rather being, dressed or not.