PDA

View Full Version : Comming out

susancheerleader
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
As some here might remember. I am very very much in the closet.
I've been "busted" by my neighbors, though they haven't said anything. But they don't talk to me like they used to, and one of them want to put a fence up on MY property but I declined them.

On the other side of the coin, is my friends and family. One of my sisters busted me in a skirt when she unexpectedly came to my house. But didn't really care. (In fact, she gave me a skirt for Christmas... "as a joke." One or two of my co-workers MIGHT have an idea that I like to dress as a women, but beyond that. No one really knows.

How did everyone finally come to talk with friends and family and come out that you like to dress up? How did everyone take it? Do you regret telling them?

Talon DeRojo
04-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Susan - I told my wife-to-be on our first date. I just didn't want to hide or to waste time with someone who was not tolerant/accepting. Thank God she was OK with it.
My sister has known since we were little and a couple of girlfriends got a little peek into the closet. I haven't told friends, nor do I have plans to do so. No regrets about any of the above.
Talon:happy:

Jocelyn Quivers
04-09-2007, 09:18 PM
I told my wife after about a year of dating. I have always been very closeted and secret about this side of me. Basically my criteria for revealing it would be, I'll only reveal this side of me to the woman I plan to marry. Immediately after telling her she was naturally shocked and could not believe that I was actually a cross dresser. After a couple of minutes she accepted this part of me and has been supportive ever since. The only regret is that I did not tell her sooner. I've told one other family member, who has also been very supportive of me. As for friends, it's too much of a risk in telling them about this side of me. Jocelyn

Gina_darling
04-10-2007, 04:07 AM
I told my Mum and a sister just a month ago. I had the hope that once they knew I could just do it when I felt like it but it didn't work out that way. They accept it and there were no negative reactions so I'm glad I told them. My Mum bought me a wig and gave me some make-up so there is support there which is really great. However they are not quite comfortable with it and so I still have to do it in private. It will come with time.

I think it is better to be open about things to certain people than to hide it, especially with SOs and perhaps to a lesser degree with family. I won't tell many friends because I never plan on dressing with them around!

It is up to you who you tell and for what reason. Good luck and I hope it works out. Most peoples' reactions are neutral to positive.

Gina xx

Tamara Croft
04-10-2007, 07:33 AM
I find that really sad what your neighbours did... infact it really shows how ignorant some people are :( If I were you, I'd put up a 6 foot bright pink fence :heehee:

gennee
04-10-2007, 08:53 AM
I told my wife and she wasn't too pleased about. Later, she said that it's me. While she's not totally accepting, she lets me wear my tops and panties. I tried a skirt but that didn't sit well at all. She knows that I go out on occasion, bit she doesn't stop me. Funny thing is she likes my femme wardrobe, so I let her wear my skirts. :D

Gennee

Angie G
04-10-2007, 09:18 AM
My wife is the only ohe that knows and she is OK with it I got her to let my wear a skirt one hot day and it went from there now I'm glad she knows she even helps some. :hugs:
Angie

tommi
04-10-2007, 09:29 AM
My wife walked in on me, it did not go over well and has been a rollercoaster
ride ever since. My advice to anyone , do it yourself on your terms ,you don't
want someone else controlling this news.

Kate Simmons
04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Nope, it didn't go well with my family or most of my friends. Lost most of them. I did , however, build up new friendships with folks who accept me for me. Do I regret it? Not really. I was tired of being someone I was really not and despite the cost, I'm much more at ease with my self than I ever was.:happy:

arani5879
04-10-2007, 12:42 PM
I have yet to tell my family but some of my friends know it went well with everyone I told. Also a couple of the people I work with have figured it out and haven't treated me any differently, also though they dont know that I know they know. They asked one of my really good friends at work and he confirmed it for them. There is no easy way to tell anyone you just have to do it. Also it doesn't really get easier to tell anyone atleast not for me it hasn't. Everyone that know though has been supportive so.

Trisha
04-10-2007, 12:56 PM
i just told them i said i live my life as a woman now and its up to you if you want to keep on talking to me or not im getting too old to care anymoor thats my problem but family just said we love you no matter what :D

paulaN
04-10-2007, 05:54 PM
susan I thought you took all of the precautions as not to get caught. Like an alarm on your driveway ect.ect. too bad you got busted bye people next door. what do ya say I come down this summer and we will really give them something to look at. Hee Hee!!!!!!!! p.s. I think I would let them put the fence up. A good fence makes good neighbors.

shericd7
04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
One night I was going out to a club,dressed and ready for some fun at the club..When a friend called and said his car broke down and would I come and get him..I havent been out to any of my coworkers but he needed my help..So I said that I would come and get him but dont be suprised by what I'm wearing..He just what? I left it at that and said I'll be there in a few minutes..When I got there he was in his car and we seem to get out about the same time,he looked at me and said what the hell is this...I said do you need help or not...We had to have the car towed and went to the club together..had a good time..That kind of broke the fence for me..

marie354
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I told my GF on the 3rd date. As far as coming out to others... Until I found this site, no. Now however, I've told both my brothers and two of my best friends. All is OK with them and others are finding out slowly but surely. My biggest problem with it is being able to handle others comments when I do.

So, I'm still closeted too. In time, I hope, I'll be out all the way.

Mya Summers
04-26-2007, 08:24 PM
My wife knows about me and so do some of my friends and some of my wifes friends. My wife isn't really supportive about it (although I wish she was) but she lives w/it. My mother knows and she put me in counceling about it when I was 14 and that didn't work, so she made me go full CD in public trying to make me feel embaresed but it only made me feal good, but now that I'm older I feel awkward about going into public xcept on Halloween. But what your neighbors are doing is total Bull S_ _ t if you ask me. If you feel good about yourself and your family is supportive of it do it girl and have fun while doing it.

Nicole
04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
I find that really sad what your neighbours did... infact it really shows how ignorant some people are :( If I were you, I'd put up a 6 foot bright pink fence :heehee:

Bwahahahaha!!!! Brilliant Tamara!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: