PDA

View Full Version : My latest salon visit

JoAnnDallas
04-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Last Wednesday around 3AM the water valve under the kitchen sink burst and flooded the entire house. By that evening all of the carpets and hardwood flooring had been ripped out, large noisy fans everywhere, dehumidifiers in every room, no water, no AC, and 90 deg inside the house. So wife and I took the cats and we moved in with my sister for a few days. Saturday, I told my wife that I need to get my nails done and suggested we go together to my salon. She has never been too keen on going with me to my salon, but she went with me this time and it felt so good to be pampered and just relax for a couple of hours. I was sitting in the pedicure chair, enjoying the massage and talking to the GG next to me. Since we were walk-ins, I could not get my normal salon tech, since she was with the GG in the chair next to mine and I mention that Tina normally does my toes and nails. We introduce each other and praised Tina on how well she does her job and the special touches she does for her clients. In fact Tina started to blush at all the praise. The GG then noticed that I had my toes painted and commented that it was nice to see a man get his toes painted. She also commented that I had great taste in colors. About this time my wife who was getting her nails done, teasing wanted to know what we girls were talking about. I introduced the GG to my wife and she laughed at my wife’s comment. I told her that my wife was always teasing me about my salon visits. My wife then said to show her my nails. I held my hands up for her to see and she looked at them and said, “WOW”. I told her reason I got acrylics was because I had bad nails that broke and cracked all the time. She thought for a second and then said; “I can see that, I think I’ll mention it to my husband. His nails are really bad”. Then my wife’s tech was finished with her nails and my wife then got into the chair on the other side of the GG, I was talking to. The three of us continued to talk, until the GG and I were done and the two of us waddled over to our nail stations. We continued to chit-chat while we had our nails done. My wife then teased me again by tell my tech to use bright Red polish on my nails. My tech looked at me for a second and I told her, don’t listen to my wife, I did not want bright Red, but a pale Pink would be OK. The tech smiled and pulled out a bottle of Pale Pink polish. The GG looked over as I was holding my hand in front of the fan and commented that they looked good. I also got my eyebrows waxed, which surprised the GG, but she said they really looked good too. She asked if we could exchange email address, so maybe the three of us could get together again for future salon visit. After wife and I got in the SUV, she commented that she now understood why I enjoy my salon visits so much and was surprised how well others accepted me. I think my wife has always worried a little about my salon visits and been a little embarrass about it. Now that she has seen that it’s no big deal and not embarrassing to others, or me, I hoping she will go with me again. It still amazes me how well I have been accepted at the salon.

Talon DeRojo
04-10-2007, 11:34 AM
JoAnn - Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience. So nice that your wife could enjoy the salon with you and see the level of acceptance.
Talon:happy:

paulaN
04-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Something good comes out of something bad. you gotta love it. I hope DW makes many more trips to the salon with you.

Lisa Thorne
04-10-2007, 09:14 PM
That is a beautiful story. You are very lucky.