PDA

View Full Version : finding accepting so's

Felica_ann_lendy
04-10-2007, 09:06 PM
hi i am just woundering wher would i even start to look for a accepting and suportive gg

claireswife-gg
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
We're kind of everywhere, hon. No real definite place to look for us, that I know of, anyway.

Eva Diva
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
If you take the implied crossdressing issue out of your question, the problem remains - how do you find a good partner?

Good luck! :D

kathy gg
04-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I wish I knew where the secret hide out was...but alas there is not one.

But finding women who are confident in who they are; creative; independant ; open minded and respectful to all walks of society and also maybe a little different as well is one way to start.

I have a slew of gg friends who either looked to date a cder or happened upon it and love it and those are all traits I believe we have in common.

Not to mention already a tad on the *kinky* side. :devil:

There is not a *mold* or a particular age group. One of my good friends jsut turned 55, I am 35 and I have talked to quiet a few women in their twenties who also want this in a partner.

I think women who are into this lifestyle will rarely fit the idea of *normal* in a conventional sort of way and probably in alot of ways have been outsiders in some way or some time in their life.

I certainly had moments in my life which shaped my thinking.

I wrote an essay ages ago and someone one here may be able to link it, but mostly I mention taking some chances and putting yourself *out there* to a point. Via the net, on forums, being open to going to alternative clubs, or joining groups where open minded women congregate.

Also being clear and concise about who you are and where you are going in life will attract women open to this.

When I was single I figured out very fast that being a gg who was into this...well it is not common, and I won't lie, I was incredibly selective. I could be. Simple fact. I wanted to make sure when I opened myself emotionally up to a person they would not abuse my trust. A guy who was comfortable with their cding, truely liked who they were as a human being, and mostly was not going to take advantage of my giving and accepting nature. I did not want to have to go through *adolesence* with a cder. I needed a guy able to know his own limitations and be honest with me about everything as I would be in return.

If you are not sure of your gender, sexuality, or where this road leads ...well finding an accepting gg won't necessarily answer those questions abotu who you are. You have to figure that out beforehand, otherwise you set both parties up for disapointment and heartbreak.

I hope this gives you some insight into what women want when they are looking in this community.

Melanie R
04-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Most accepting and supportive SO's are women who are intelligent, secure within themselves, independent, communicate well and fall in love with the person who is their husband. They are able to see beyond the clothes and love their partner for who he/she is and not the clothes that are worn. This is not something that happens overnight. As I say to myself and others, how would I react if the shoe was on the other foot.

AllieSF
04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Kathy,

Thank you for your most inciteful comments. I was thinking some of the same things. A GG a little outside the norm, openminded, somewhat daring and doesn't mind being different. Now, to be able to find one who fits my personality and we actually click, is the hard part! Like someone else said here, it is hard enough to just find an almost compatible mate without tossing in the CD and/or TG interests!

Just a little correction here. I know that there are a lot of GGs that do not meet these attributes and are just great mates for their SOs.

Angie G
04-11-2007, 12:07 AM
I don't know I found mine on a blind date 39years ago :hugs:
Angie

EmmaB GG
04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I agree with KathyGG 100%, especially the bit about you knowing who you are and being comfortable with it sooner rather than later - only then can you and your informed & understanding GG can get on with living your life together - if you spend too much time trying to understand yourself, she might just look elsewhere for a life .....

We're wherever and all over the place & in regular haunts too, but we're probably the ones not looking for a totally conventional life .... !!

Just be honest and ask the one you like what she thinks. After all, what's the worst she can say or do???

Violetgray
04-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Finding a an s.o. (Not to be confused with an S.O.B.) that is excepting is rare and precious these days.

THey go on ebay for thousands, and always with a reserve!

Accepting S.O.'s are also twice as addictive as crack, and with a higher gram for gram street value. Gangsta rappers could brag about selling them.

So, if you want a significant other that is kind and accepting, you're going to have to take a page out of Dr. Frankenstein's book.

You're going to have to build one.

First, you'll have to root around in the brain freezer, until you find an Open Mind. You can't possibly get the results you want unless the S.O. in question has one of these. Everything else you attach has to be built around it. You'll want about 1 Gigabyte of Judgement, placed in the "Critique outfit" slot, and not in the "Judgemental" slot.

Next, You'll need a Big Heart. Preferably a later model, with the empathy attachment, and a large compassion capacity.

Everything else is secondary, you may want to build her with a little extra meat on her bones, so that so as to enhance the probability of sharing outfits, or add extra RAM to her sense of humor slots.

but anyway fortunately for you, there are some premade models out there, you just have to ask....

Billijo49504
04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
I really don't know what to tell you, either. I've had 2 wives that were excepting. The first lasted for 13 yr's, till she died of brain cancer. and now I have been married for 22 yr's to a very excepting lady. I guess some of us are lucky. Just remember to be honest from the start. When things start getting serious, tell her about being a CD'er. If she really loves you, it won't be that big of a problem. If it is, at least you were up front, and she and you can decide what way to run....BJ

SandyR
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Been Married to mine for 22 Yrs, came out last year in September. She said "she some how always knew in some way" Maybe its my cooking skills!!!!

Good luck in your search....

Hugs.

SandyR

Marcie Sexton
04-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Personally speaking I think Melanie said it all and perhaps best...

I know my wife after some "difficulty":rolleyes: , which is putting it mildly, accepted me as is, she found I was the same person, perhaps more in tune with her than she ever suspected...

Seems after the storm, we found a "new found love" that neither of us knew...Now she has a girl friend who shares every thing from clothes to makeup, and a hubby that is in tune with woman in her and himself...

Felica_ann_lendy
04-15-2007, 02:07 PM
good advise now if i can just use it

Ciel
04-15-2007, 11:07 PM
well, mine i met back in college. we went steady for a long while and i told her everything about my CDing after graduation. ever since, she's been accepting but not too supportive. in the words of some on this thread "it takes time." i guess that's true. my SO likes me in panties and lingerie but discourages me with skirts and dresses (drat!). i think i must ride along because i really love her and she really loves me back. i just hope i go the whole 10 yards with my CDing and more importantly, OUR relationship. i just wish i had a sissifying SO, but that is just a fantasy... :D