PDA

View Full Version : Gents hair dressers!!

Felix
04-11-2007, 04:34 AM
Yesterday as most of you will know by now I had my hair cut :thumbsup: I have been thinking about going to a gents hairdresser for a while now so yesterday Yachica encouraged me to go to a local one. I rang up and said 'How much for a dry cut please?' The Lady said 'For a gent?' I was like 'Errrrrrrm yeah' it was £4.50 so I went. I was so nervous but she didn't even bat an eye lid. I was like what if she chats with me she might know by my voice and carge me more! But she just carried on as normal the usual chit chat. When I came out I felt like a million dollars it felt great!! I'll be goin there again :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
04-11-2007, 04:36 AM
YAY cool Felix, im too lazy to go to a gents hairdressers cos the nearest one is miles away so my home care does mine :)

£4.50 is better than paying 30 quid at a salon though aint it!

Felix
04-11-2007, 04:53 AM
It's great that ya carer does yours :happy: I have been going to a unisex salon but a cut and blow dry was £17.50 and a dry cut cos she knows me as L****** was 12.50. I have been trying for ages to pluck up the courage to say look I want a gents cut cos I'm trans but didn't manage it. So yesterday was like do it or pay through the nose again! I'm glad I did now :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Adam
04-11-2007, 05:18 AM
wtg!! thats great and cheaper too :D

i am lucky my mum does mine :D

Kieron Andrew
04-11-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm wondering what's the difference between a dry cut and a wet cut? (besides the obvious :heehee: )
about £10 lol

Kieron Andrew
04-11-2007, 05:42 AM
Can you translate that to Canadian dollars?:tongueout
about 22.58 Canadian dollars at the current exchange rate lol

Felix
04-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Hi Ace the trick is to look I went to a little place that is local and it's just mens hair. If ya go into town a dry cut with a little water splashed on can start from about £10.00 or maybe 20.00 in your money if ya wanna wash cut and blow dry then it's at least another £5. Just glad I got the courage up to go!! xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
04-11-2007, 06:23 AM
Hi Ace the trick is to look I went to a little place that is local and it's just mens hair. If ya go into town a dry cut with a little water splashed on can start from about £10.00 or maybe 20.00 in your money if ya wanna wash cut and blow dry then it's at least another £5. Just glad I got the courage up to go!! xx Felix :hugs:
yeah these unisex places really rip the guys off!

Felix
04-11-2007, 06:25 AM
They certainly do! The place I used to go was the cheapest I could find as well glad I found this one!! xx Felix :hugs:

CaptLex
04-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Good job, Felix, the haircut looks nice and the price looks even better. I pay about $15 (American, of course), but that's a decent price around here. There's no way I could cut my own hair - it's too wild. I tried it once and a hairdresser made me promise never to try that again. And I couldn't do a dry cut either, for the same reason - my hair is too wild when it's dry for anyone to attempt to tackle it.

Ya dun good, hun. :thumbsup:

Felix
04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanx Lex and I won't be half as worried next time either! $15.00 isn't bad cos that's about £7.00 here. xx Felix :hugs:

RevMoonSerpent
04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow, it seems like going to a hairdresser is crazy expensive where you guys live. Here its $12.50 for a cut that includes shampoo and conditioner and about $15.00 if you want style and blow dry. That's in U.S dollars. Now if you want to do crazy stuff like a perm or color with cut and style it runs about $60 but, I usually cut my own hair anyway because I'm really impatient.

Di
04-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Way cool:thumbsup: and so is the haircut hon.

Taylor105
04-14-2007, 01:52 PM
You are lucky that you found a men's barber that would let you get a cut. It might just be because I am in the south but when I tried to go into a barber shop with my friend Craig, they told me they only do "mens" hair. I was so pissed. I don't pass very well with my voice. I do okay and people think I am a teen boy until I speak. sigh....I personally think it is discrimination but I don't know how to go about arguing it. Besides if I get my way the barber might go a little too far with my hair to get even. :straightface: LOL I don't know what I should do. I just go to the unisex one and tell them to give me a long boy's cut. I pay $15.00 for it too. Taylor

Felix
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi Taylor that's not bad cos here that would be about £7.50 so not bad. I was really nervous Hun thought I wasn't gonna get away with it but I did. I'm sure if ya found the right place ya would too. I think ya hair cut is awesome!! xx Felix :hugs:

Kristen Kelly
04-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Wow, it seems like going to a hairdresser is crazy expensive where you guys live. Here its $12.50 for a cut that includes shampoo and conditioner and about $15.00 if you want style and blow dry. That's in U.S dollars. Now if you want to do crazy stuff like a perm or color with cut and style it runs about $60 but, I usually cut my own hair anyway because I'm really impatient.

Great for you and I bet half the fun was going to the Barbers and not getting ripped off with over priced hair cuts.
Now I'm a different story I walk out of salon every 6 weeks spending $110. I have been letting my hair grow; it is to the collar right now, I had foil highlights done on and gotten to the point I have to tell the stylish to soften up the cut and make it more feminine, will come prepared with a picture of me dressed to show her how I do my wig and what I am possible looking for my own hair. She has been so surprised at the amount of knowledge of hair styling I have had to this point and what I have been willing to let her do, I have to admit it looks great in drab,

Felix
04-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah that sounds about right that would be about £50 here and in a womens salon. It sounds like ya got a good relationship with ya hair dresser Hun so make the most of it and ya might come out with exactly what ya want. Good luck and let us know how ya go xx Felix :hugs:

Taylor105
04-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks Felix. I just wish it looked like it does in my avatar right now. It is all grown out and I haven't found a new haircut place yet. I moved to Alabama about a month ago and I was in need of another cut when I left. You can well imagine what it looks like now. hehe I'm hoping to get out on Monday and get it cut again. The only good thing about having naturally curly hair is that I can get those little waves in my hair with gel. I like it. I think your cut looks great on you too. :) Taylor

Felix
04-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanx Taylor Hun!! Well good luck and I hope ya find a barbers that will do it for ya. Put a pic on when ya get it sorted. Having curly hair can be great at least ya don't have to pay for false ones :hugs: xx Felix

Tristan
04-14-2007, 03:49 PM
I went to cost cutters and they were great. $13 bucks and the lady did what I wanted no questions asked. *does happy dance*

Felix
04-15-2007, 01:52 PM
That's cool Tristan, that's just what ya need every where so you guys can just go have a cut and that's it :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Taylor105
04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, I'm going to get a cut tomorrow. This will be my first time at this new place. Wish me luck that they know waht they are doing and will give me the cut I want. Taylor

Felix
04-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Good luck Taylor Hun, let's know how ya go :hugs: :hugs: xx Felix

Question Mark
04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
I actually chopped my own hair recently, since my loose ends were bothering me. Turned out surprisingly well, and a very good, cheap option. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

Taylor105
04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, I got it cut today. I love how it looks but I haven't decided yet on whether I want it to be gelled with the natural curl or whether I will look more like a boy with it straightened. I took pics today with the gelled look. I will get more tomorrow with my straight look. Then I will post them both and get a poll from you guys on which suits me better. Laterz!! Taylor

Kieron Andrew
04-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Well, I got it cut today. I love how it looks but I haven't decided yet on whether I want it to be gelled with the natural curl or whether I will look more like a boy with it straightened. I took pics today with the gelled look. I will get more tomorrow with my straight look. Then I will post them both and get a poll from you guys on which suits me better. Laterz!! Taylor
cool dude can't wait to see the pics :D

Taylor105
04-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Thaks Kieron. By the way, I like your avatar! :)

Kieron Andrew
04-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Thaks Kieron. By the way, I like your avatar! :)
Thanks i thought it was time for a change

Question Mark
04-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I might actually get a picture of myself taken this weekend, since my mom's coming up and bringing the camera. Camera adds +5 to my masculinity.

Taylor105
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Still debating on the whole photo thing. lol

Felix
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Guys I've seen the pic and Taylor looks well handsome so come on lots of encouragement please! Get that pic on here Taylor ya handsome Dude :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
04-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Still debating on the whole photo thing. lol
come on! if we can all do it so can you, even capt has posted pics!

Question Mark
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey, if you post a picture, maybe I'll post a shirtless pic one day. :P

Offer not guaranteed. Plus, no one wants to see that. :P

Kieron Andrew
04-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey, if you post a picture, maybe I'll post a shirtless pic one day. :P

Offer not guaranteed. Plus, no one wants to see that. :P
i did a shirtless one once and i know abraxas has too :D

CaptLex
04-18-2007, 04:04 PM
come on! if we can all do it so can you, even capt has posted pics!
Good point, K. Come on Taylor and Mark, we wanna see haircut pics - that's an order! :tongueout No shirtless ones, though, Mark, wouldn't want you getting in trouble. :eek:

Taylor105
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
My heart is beating a million miles a minute but I did post some pics. Yipes!!

Question Mark
04-19-2007, 10:42 AM
All right! Guess now the pressure is on for me. <_<

Again, Saturday is when my mom comes down, and she's the one with the camera. Hopefully I'll have a picture or two available sometime next week.

XD And yeah, the offer of shirtlessness wasn't particularly serious. I'd have to find someone with a camera and a very open mind.

CaptLex
04-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Again, Saturday is when my mom comes down, and she's the one with the camera. Hopefully I'll have a picture or two available sometime next week.
*the capt marks his calendar for Saturday . . . * :waiting:

Kieron Andrew
04-19-2007, 10:51 AM
*the capt marks his calendar for Saturday . . . * :waiting:
ok where did i put my personal organiser lol

Taylor105
04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
I've seen Benny's shirtless photo but I haven't seen your's Kieron. :) I could probably do one. My roomie is cool. He would help me out. I might just try it after a couple of drinks. haha

kerrianna
04-20-2007, 06:31 PM
You guys probably hang the shirtless ones on the walls of The Clubhouse don't you?

Hmmm....

*wanders around The Clubhouse looking for a knothole to look through.* :D

lol, Mark +5 to masculinity. I like that. Very DnD-ish. :happy:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Question Mark
04-21-2007, 12:58 AM
XD Yup, I'm a nerd. And my mom is going to be nigh later today. DUN DUN DUN.

I'll have to remember to ask her to send me the pictures whenever she gets back home.

Question Mark
04-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Picture get! (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57082)