PDA

View Full Version : Documetary on discovery tommorrow pm!

Felix
04-11-2007, 05:01 AM
There is a documentary on sky in the uk on Discovery channel 520 about a young boy who who possibly is third gendered. Ya might wanna watch it. xx Felix :hugs:

Adam
04-11-2007, 05:19 AM
what time? :D

Kieron Andrew
04-11-2007, 05:20 AM
grrrrr! i dont get discovery...why are all the best programs on the channels i dont get

Felix
04-11-2007, 06:23 AM
I think its on at nine pm on Thursday night sorry got my days mixed up! xx Felix :hugs:

John
04-11-2007, 10:15 AM
grrrrr! i dont get discovery...why are all the best programs on the channels i dont get

my thorts exactlie. Oh well, it'll be on you-tube in a couple o' days.

Kieron Andrew
04-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Oh well, it'll be on you-tube in a couple o' days.
it better!! i want to see it!!!

Question Mark
04-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Dammit, the UK gets all the good documentaries.

Youtube for teh win!

Felix
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Silly me I did get the day and time right, I think I'm loosing it some times xx Felix :hugs:

Felix
04-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Well I watched this doc and it was very informative. It involved three stories one about boy who had both sets of reproductive organs internally but an external P****. Another about a young boy who could not wee like other boys because his urethra exited behind the P****. Lastly a woman who had a uterus and gonads internally and was changed genders when she was fifteen.
The first story involved a toddler who's family had to decide on his gender his chromosomes being that of a male and his internal organs being of both female and male although he had a P****. They decided that because the chromosomes where male that he would be gendered male in the opp and not left as a third sex.
The second little boy just wanted to be normal like his other friends he was 7 and needed corrective surgery to make him fully male.
The final one was a woman who had been born with both sets of internal organs but raised as female. When she was 7 she was given an opp to remove her gonads but told by her mother that she had hernias. When she was fifteen the doctors told her mother she needed her uterus removing and to say that she had cancer if she asked. When she was a little older she found out off her doctor that she had never had cancer but was a pseudo hermaphrodite. She felt that she would have preferred to have known about her condition and grown up third sex. She tried to discuss it with her mother but her mother didn't want to know her feelings and was just like the doctors advised me. I felt sorry for her because she can never have children and she said that when she looks in the mirror she is feminine in her own way and that she was confused when younger about herself.
It left me feeling more frustrated about the boxes society puts people in as it was quite clear that there were to clear genders that doctors and society perceive, male and female. The doctor was quite clear you will never find toilets for a third gender! Well he is wrong cos there are more unisex toilets appearing around the world so times are changing even if it is slow there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel for ppl who are a third gender xx Felix :hugs: