PDA

View Full Version : It's time to say goodbye.....

GinaVegas
04-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Well, I know that I've only been a member for just a few months, and it has been great to get the support and hear the experiences from everyone here!

However, it looks like my wife just can't come to grips with my crossdressing. She has definitely tried though. She is a member on the GG forum and has even bought me some things (bra, panties, skirts, etc.) She thought that if she could participate in it with me that she could deal with it. But alas, that is not the case. She still feels that I may want to take things further and further and even to be with men. This is definitely NOT the case, but it's hard to prove that point.

I remember that there was an earlier thread that asked, if you were to choose between crossdressing and your family, what would it be? Well, my answer then was that my family comes first, and my answer is no different now.

My wife didn't ask me to choose though. There's a lot of things going on in our lives right now, and things just came to a head yesterday. We're going to change some things in our life. There are some things that we can't immediately change like moving away from Las Vegas, but crossdressing was one of the things that I could change, so I felt that I had to drop it. Then again, it's not like I was dressing all of the time. I probably only dressed a handful of times since this last November when my wife found out about me.

I do this because I love my wife with all of my heart, and I just can't imagine my life without her and my son in it. You sacrifice things for your loved ones, and I would definitely give my life up to save them.......so if I'd do that, then giving up crossdressing is an easy thing to do.

Anyway, I want to take this time to wish everyone the best and good luck in the future! You have touched my life, and I know that you will continue to touch and help others! :bunny:

soozeqct
04-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Gina: There is no debate, family does come first, and i hope you and your wife find nothing but happiness as life's journey unfolds..
Hugs and best wishes,
Suzie

SherriePall
04-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Gina -- There are times you have to do what you have to do. Even if it's not really what you want. Just take care. And if you backslide, let your wife know and let her know, too, that you still love her and that it was because of that love that you tried to change.

Annaliese
04-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Good luck and I hope everything works out.

Anna

Eva Diva
04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
There's nothing more important than family. sometimes we need to make big sacrifices and live with them. Good luck, and don't look back.

StephanieH
04-11-2007, 09:42 AM
God go with you Gina, I'd have to make the same decision if it ever came down to what you're dealing with. Hopefully things will improve down the line. Maybe if she realizes what you've done by giving up this desire, that in itself may prove to her how much you love her. I would pray that would be the case.

Take care, and I agree with a previous post, don't try to hide anything from your wife, it's obvious you seriously love her, so perhaps reinforcing the trust between the two of you can eventually lead to a happier ending.

Congratulations for realizing that sometimes, being a man means taking off the heels and putting away the eyeliner. Only in our little world does something like that make sense! :thumbsup:

Nikki Dee
04-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Good luck Gina...we all gotta do what we have to do I guess.!
Love Nikki. x

Trish1700
04-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Sounds like you are both trying very hard. Many of us are going through the same thing. As for me there is no choice "it will never go away", mainly because I don't want it to. But I am a "granny tranny" and pretty soon it will all be fond memories and I will get on with life with the wife and grand kids.
Trsih

krisla
04-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Gina

I completely understand and respect your descion, it is good to see a husband committed to his wife and family. I will keep you all in my prayers

Krisla

Daintre
04-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Gina, good for you, I am happy for you, I really am, this was a tough decision and I can only hope you and your wife have a great life together. Good luck.

Ashley1
04-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Gina, you have your head screwed on straight girl. Now make it work for both you and your family!:hugs:
:love:
Ashley

Angie G
04-11-2007, 10:23 AM
One has to do what one has to do it's been nice having you with us and if you wish to returnyou know you will be welcome if not thank you for the time you spent with us I wish you all the best in life and mat all goog come to you
A big hug just don't seem to do it so:love:
Angie

Shelly Preston
04-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Good luck to you both for the future

You are doing this for marriage and I hope it helps.

If you ever decide to return to dressing we will be here for you both

You know if either of you need advice on anything help is here.

:hugs:

susie bear
04-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Gina,

Best of luck to both you and your wife. You aare both special people and I hope and pray things will work out for you.

Susiebear

Gina_darling
04-11-2007, 10:53 AM
It is a good decision to make. I'm sure everyone here fully supports you and wish you all the best.

Good luck!

Michelle 51
04-11-2007, 10:59 AM
You know better than anyone else what's best for you so good luck and like was said before this forum is alway's here or at least i hope it's going to stay around. Justabit

Slip Affinity
04-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Good luck in all that you do. I know it was a hard decision to make but am sure you've made the right one. Who knows what time might do for your situation. I've always believed that whatever happens, was meant to happen whether we like it or not. Humans are an adaptable species; I'm sure you will be just fine. Take good care.

Kerrie Sifton
04-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Take care Gina, hope this forum helped in some way to guide you in your decisions. And you know where to find us.
All the best.:hugs:

Melinda G
04-11-2007, 11:31 AM
We'll leave the light on for you. :happy:

MJ
04-11-2007, 11:35 AM
you too god bless you in all that you do, all the best
hugss marissa

Iniquity Blonde GG
04-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Gina, i understand fully, & i wish yourself and ur SO all the best :hugs:

DawnL
04-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Gina,
a good decision. May God continue to bless you and your family as you go down life's highway

Love

Just Rachel
04-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Best of luck to you both. Your love is very obvious.

karolina
04-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Gina Good Luck And Be Happy With You Family

Kate Simmons
04-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Enjoy your family, Hon.:happy:

ChristineRenee
04-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Best of luck to you and your family Gina. Know that you'll always have a safe haven here to come back to should you so desire. God speed! :hugs:

Lovely Rita
04-11-2007, 12:40 PM
All the best to you and your loved ones and I support you 100%

Lisa Golightly
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Here's looking at you kid... :)

kerrianna
04-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Gina, you are doing the right thing. You sound like a wonderful partner and parent. They are lucky to have you. :hugs:

Take care dear, and remember you always have friends here if you ever want to drop by. :love:

Valerie Nicole
04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Many are going to miss you, but I'm sure we all believe this is the right thing. Just don't forget us, and if things work out for you, be sure to come back and tell us about it. Goodbye for now.

Holly
04-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Gina, you've got some tough times ahead of you. I believe your heart is in the right place and that your intentions are good. I hope that by surrendering this part of yourself, that you don't change the dynamic of your own being. Do what you must do, Gina, but don't be surpriised if the result is not what you expect.

SandyR
04-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Family is first! I have been there and done that, its the right thing to do!

Don't take this wrong, but when we first try on that nice pair of hose, or shave our legs, its a different world, and at least for me it never goes away.

Please put CD'ing aside for a bit and take care of the family!

But if your future is like mine it will come back and in my case with support of my lovely wife and best friend.

Good luck, I will miss your posts. My prayers are with you.

SandyR

"Mary"
04-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Best Wishes. Hang on to that family.

Diana

Alice Torn
04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
It takes character, and courage, and commitment, to do what you are doing. Please don't get too down, if you slip up, once in a while. We all do. If I had a loving wife, I would want to be loyal to her, and be at least willing to change, too, but, I am an old bachelor, still hoping for a lovely wife. Until then, I admire the lovely lady in the mirror. One day at a time.

Khriss
04-12-2007, 01:16 AM
.. the truth that crossdressers may be the most "monogamous" of partners .. is sadly, lost on You're wife ....
while stats might confirm .that for most of "us" ,crossdressing is something that is tough to deny..desire wize...and after "purges" of clothing etc.. we come back to "dress" eh?

..those thoughts often remain ...and truthfully...the desire to emulate a personal ideal of "femmininity" seems rather harmless in real world terms compared to other "ism's" that are more common and destuctive in this world today !?
Transvestism.. how scary is it ??compared to __________ .You fill in the blanks?? and a stepping stone to??? what ??? c'mon ..not likely eh??
just my 14 cents worth ... xx "K"

RobertaFermina
04-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Gina, I will miss your voice and your fabulous legs!

Above all, Family First.

I wish you, your wife and son a loving, healthy, happy NOW and Forever!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Suzie S.
04-12-2007, 03:53 AM
Gina, we'll miss you around here! I wish the best for you and your family. God bless! :hugs:

suzy
04-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Gina,

God bles you and your family. I support your decision and I am sure that your love for your wife and family will grow ever stronger. You are doing what is right for you and I admire that!:hugs:

GinaVegas
04-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I really appreciate the support from you all! It definitely means a lot to me!

Marcie Sexton
04-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Good luck and god bless...

EmmaB GG
04-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi Gina

You've made a very public promise here, now it's up to you to keep it to your wife and son, and only you can do that!

Go and get on with living your lives together and as one - it is meant to be fun after all, but a fun life still has responsibilities.

Good luck ....

KrazyKat
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Truth and trust have to be the basis of any partnership, or what do you really have??

Hoping the 2 of you can find this and the peace that comes with it, for all concerned.

Best Wishes for your journey.

Sweet Cindy
04-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Family first - you're doing the right thing, Gina and I'd make the same choice. Your wife is a wonderful woman for trying. Perhaps when your lives settle down a bit, Gina can re-emerge.
All the best,
Cindy

ashlee chiffon
04-12-2007, 03:46 PM
hope it works and sorry she is unaccepting...the hardest part will be her lingering doubts and your inner drives and therapy is recommended if you can afford it...best of luck!

Kelsy
04-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Do what you have to do Gina. You won't regret it! We'll miss you!

:hugs: Jennifer

Ashleigh GG
04-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I feel like I need to respond here - because I am Gina's wife. I am not, as some of you say, unaccepting. I never asked him to give up the CD'ing, and I never said I couldn't "come to grips" with it. I voiced a fear about it going further, and it's a VERY logical fear, all things considered. The comment about cd'ers being the most monogomous of partners angered me to the core. Some of them are, but there is a fair lot of them that aren't. I won't go into detail on that. There are so many other things going on - and y'all have NO IDEA - so it's unfair to make assumptions or judgements about me. I have supported Gina all the way through this - and have told Gina it's ok to keep crossdressing, it's ok to stay a member of this forum. I don't want to be viewed as an uncaring, unaccepting SO when it's totally not the case. Gina is more than welcome to stay here and continue to do what makes her happy.
p.s. No one loves her legs more than I do...
Ashleigh

Tamara Croft
04-13-2007, 07:16 PM
I feel like I need to respond here - because I am Gina's wife. I am not, as some of you say, unaccepting. I never asked him to give up the CD'ing, and I never said I couldn't "come to grips" with it. I voiced a fear about it going further, and it's a VERY logical fear, all things considered. The comment about cd'ers being the most monogomous of partners angered me to the core. Some of them are, but there is a fair lot of them that aren't. I won't go into detail on that. There are so many other things going on - and y'all have NO IDEA - so it's unfair to make assumptions or judgements about me. I have supported Gina all the way through this - and have told Gina it's ok to keep crossdressing, it's ok to stay a member of this forum. I don't want to be viewed as an uncaring, unaccepting SO when it's totally not the case. Gina is more than welcome to stay here and continue to do what makes her happy.
p.s. No one loves her legs more than I do...
AshleighYeah, see there's always 2 sides to every story and it's just a shame that one side was originally posted.... which I think is totally unfair, makes Ashleigh look like the bad one in all of this, which she isn't!!!!! I hate these threads, they are so one sided, they never tell the whole story.... so Gina, if you ever come back, you should think before you post, instead of hurting your wife :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

linnea
04-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Good luck, Gina.

Sandra
04-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Yeah, see there's always 2 sides to every story and it's just a shame that one side was originally posted.... which I think is totally unfair, makes Ashleigh look like the bad one in all of this, which she isn't!!!!! I hate these threads, they are so one sided, they never tell the whole story.... so Gina, if you ever come back, you should think before you post, instead of hurting your wife :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Very well said..

Strange that now Ashleigh has posted with her side not many more have.

The saying "birds of a feather" comes to mind.

andreah
04-14-2007, 05:26 AM
Gina . You have made the right decission. Nothing in life is more important than your family. You have touched me and probably others in this forum. I for one will surely miss you. Don't be a stranger drop in and say hello once in a while. My thoughts are with you. Take good care of your family they're very very important nothing in this world can replace them. If I were given a choice I would choose my family above all else. Your family is number 1 above all else. Take care we will miss you dearly.
All my best Andreah:love:

Along4TheRide GG
04-14-2007, 05:54 AM
I'm a GG and completely understand both sides.

Sometimes the HIT SHITTETH THE FAN! When that happens you just need to drop any outside factors and hit the basics hard.

Once you get back to that common denominator you can reevaluate everything else.

My SO loses his job - we tighten the budget and cut out the "frills". My SO goes on a diet - I support it and carefully shop and cook. I notice my girls' grades are slipping - I don't bring my work home for a while.

Sometimes you just need to get your footing back. It sounds like everybody is making a sacrifice "for the good of the whole".:gh:

Good luck to both of you!

-Marriage is not two people looking at each other, but standing side by side looking in the same direction.....

kittypw GG
04-14-2007, 06:14 AM
No truer words were spoken. If we all made this the golden rule of our relationships then there would not be so many issues.

Sometimes the fan must be put on high to blow out the PINK FOG so that one can see clearly. We should all look for the lowest common denominator and HIT THE BASICS HARD. Our relationships would suffer less in the long run. :hugs: :hugs: Kitty

I'm a GG and completely understand both sides.

Sometimes the HIT SHITTETH THE FAN! When that happens you just need to drop any outside factors and hit the basics hard.

Once you get back to that common denominator you can reevaluate everything else.

My SO loses his job - we tighten the budget and cut out the "frills". My SO goes on a diet - I support it and carefully shop and cook. I notice my girls' grades are slipping - I don't bring my work home for a while.

Sometimes you just need to get your footing back. It sounds like everybody is making a sacrifice "for the good of the whole".:gh:

Good luck to both of you!

-Marriage is not two people looking at each other, but standing side by side looking in the same direction.....

Wendy me
04-14-2007, 06:17 AM
you know i have been reading this along ....as well as other threads were one might be drawn into voicing their opinion to support the thread starter ..... it's what we do ..... now in comes a view from the SO of the thread starter .... my views on this are simple they need to get together off line and talk this out more ...

all too often we are told or asked our opinion when we only get one side .... now ... looking at this how would some one ever get the right views with out all the info??? and two sides are always to every story we should get them both before being asked to respond.....

Kerry Owens
04-14-2007, 06:18 AM
In a marriage it take two to work together when problems start cropping up. Without partnership the whole situation can fall apart and escalate to a mind numbing disaster, and being honest is a linchpin to trust.

Laura Jane
04-14-2007, 06:40 AM
I suppose my comment is more general, not really aimed at Gina and Ashleigh.

I have a problem with the concept of giving up something thats relatively harmless and in the scheme of things unimportant to save your marraige or for the family. It simply sows the seeds of resentment, rather that solving the problem.

Putting it into context, there are some things that I can see would be wise, like giving up a dangerous job or one that keeps you away from your family to save your marraige.

Others, on the face of small things, like giving up going out with friends or stopping smoking etc at their request or simplyto please a dissaproving partner can put enormous strains on a marriage, even if the partner had never asked but only implied they wanted their partner to stop.

Unreasonable behaviour wrecks marriages, whether it an action or prohibition of something, your wife or husband should be your partner, not your warder or prisioner!

Tamara Croft
04-14-2007, 06:43 AM
As some of you are ignoring the wifes post in this thread, I'm closing it, because it's totally UNFAIR that you are still judging her when she has done NOTHING wrong!!! You might want to try reading post #46 in this thread.