PDA

View Full Version : How does one decrease the size of their arms and legs to look more fem?

Tamera
04-12-2007, 05:20 AM
OK, I have been dieting and exercising. All is looking good, but I still need to lose in the leg and arm areas for that fem look. I don't want to do any exercises that will build these areas up, I want to do ones that will tear them down.
I tried on some short sleeve tops yesterday and I still need to have that skinny arm look.
Any thoughts on this?
LOL
Tamera

Angie G
04-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Idon't think there is a way just for that hun :hugs:
Angie

Kate Simmons
04-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi Tamera, I guess it helps not to have very muscular arms to begin with. I never did, even though I have a lot of strength and my muscles are still pretty supple for an old geezer. What also helped was that when I retired, I began to eat less and lost about 40 Lbs. There is still some definition in my arms when I go bare sleeved but it's not that obvious. Heck, some girls have as much definition as I do from exercising. I used to work a rotating shift and ate constantly, so I had anything but a girlish figure (more like a beer belly). Since I now eat less and don't metabolize as much, I don't look half bad physically. Also what helps me to burn the calories is cutting loose on the dance floor. I not only keep trim and in shape but have a lot of fun as well.:happy: Sal

Teresa Amina
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Perhaps skipping the upper arm exercises will cause some muscle wastage, kind of Use it or Lose it, except in this case you want to Lose it so don't Use it.

Di
04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Well lets see...legs............ alot of girls have legs with muscle too....think Madonna and alot of athletes ect.....as far as the arms....if you wear the short sleeve tops for the summer...buy some of those little light weight jackets tops to go over them they are in style ..and solves the problem.:D

Tamera
04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
When someone diets to 1000-1500 calories a day. Doesn't the body start eating up muscle to survive? And would this work to slim down the leg and arm areas?
My biceps does seem to diminished some along with my calves. Maybe less intake will work even better?
LOL
Tamera

Kate Simmons
04-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Don't forget, we are trying to create an illusion anyway, kind of like a magician, so CDing "smarter" and mis-direction are a part of it. Di had a good idea about the jacket. Besides, once we are "established" in someone's mind as feminine, we're set. I'm still having problems convincing some people I'm a guy who originally met me en femme. I've even been accused of being a girl CDing as a guy a couple of times.:eek: , although I do have a little fun with that and have created a persona after that as well.:heehee:

shannonsilk
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't think guys can ever have those really skiinny arms and legs. Be careful if you go on a hard core diet. perhaps you should see a doctor first.
I think it is more about how you move and act than about how you look. there are women out there of all sizes and shapes and no one pays much attention to other people.

Tamera
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Salandra,
If we diet like the models do, won't we get that hourglass figure???
Tamera

linnea
04-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Good nutrition is important, even when a person is dieting. So is exercise. However, if you want to exercise but reduce the bulk of muscles, use high repetitions and lighter weights. The repetitions will maintain muscle tone with building so much mass.

Maggie Kay
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Once muscle is digested in dieting, the kidneys really suffer because of the waste products of so much protein being broken down. It is very much a bad thing to do.

However, if you decide to go on hormone therapy, you will lose a lot of muscle mass slowly and safely. You'll lose a lot of strength too. Then you will almost have the shape of legs and arms you want. Bones are still going to be more robust than a female's. This is not really for casual CDing, but if one was considering radical dieting, it might be an option.

Teresa Amina
04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
My biceps does seem to diminished some along with my calves. Maybe less intake will work even better?
LOL
Tamera

On the other hand, both my mother and grandmother had rather good sized upper arms, just not as muscular as guys would be. If you've already lost some tone maybe you're close enough to average. Post a picture! An upper arm poll? :D

Tamera
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok Teresa Here are some pics;45156

Now for the Poll:
LOL
Tamera

Stephenie S
04-12-2007, 08:03 PM
So Tam, the simple answer is no, there is no way to get those slim arms that you admire so much on a GG. You will, of course, loose some muscle mass as you loose weight, but males just have different structures than GGs. What we have to do is camouflage. Wear long or 3/4 length sleeves. Wear a jacket or shirt over sleeveless tops and camis. Not many men can pull off a cami by itself. Although I will wear a cami around the house, I will never go out in one without some form of coverup. Look for raglan sleeves. This is NOTHING to be ashamed of. We all need to learn what styles are flattering on us and how to play up our best features. This is what GGs do all the time. I have NEVER met a GG that was not self concious about some part of her anatomy. We have to learn to deal with wide shoulders and narrow hips. Just a fact of life, hon.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Stephenie S
04-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, Gee wiz girl. Those aren't so bad. What are you complaining about?

Lovies,
Steph

Tamera
04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi Steph,
Yea I'm real subconcience about my arms and legs. I got this new oufit today from Macy's. I'm not to sure about the length of the sleeves though, I wish they went down to my wrist. As you can see by this picture and my avatar, I wear longer sleeves to cover up the arms. I wonder if the boots go good w/outfit.45158
LOL
Tamera

Tamera
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Steph,
Macy's had this real cute short sleeve top. Maybe I'll get it and get opinions if it passes or not.
LOL
Tamera

Stephenie S
04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Dear Tam,

I think you would look good in a 3/4 length sleeve. Have you tried any? I found a nice 3/4 length sleeve top at Clay's (a nice chain in New England with sizes to fit us). It looked nice so the next day I went back and bought two more in other colors.

Lovies,
Steph

The boots look fine, dear.

sissystephanie
04-12-2007, 09:05 PM
OK, I have been dieting and exercising. All is looking good, but I still need to lose in the leg and arm areas for that fem look. I don't want to do any exercises that will build these areas up, I want to do ones that will tear them down.
I tried on some short sleeve tops yesterday and I still need to have that skinny arm look.
Any thoughts on this?
LOL
Tamera

The only thing that will work positively is to get old like I am, 74!! My legs and arms are very feminine looking, although I do not shave my arms. My legs are always shaved, and actually have always looked pretty feminine. In fact, I won a contest in San Diego at a local Fair where they were picking the prettiest legs. There 7 GG's and 2 other men besides me. My leg won First Place and 5 pair of Nylon Stockings.:heehee: Sure wish I could have kept and worn them.:love: However, I was in the Navy at the time (Korean War) and didn't dare try to keep them.

Sissy

More Girl than man

Tamera
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Congrats Sissy,
I hope though I can get that fem look before 54 let alone 74.
LOL
Tamera

marie354
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
There isn't any easy way to shape a man's body like a woman's...

Well maybe hormones might help redistribute the weight better, but that takes time too. Just ask some of the ones that have.

:hugs:

Aerobic exercises can help. They are designed mostly to help women develop a good figure, after all.

I wish "Curves" would allow men in their group.

CDTiffany
04-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I go to gym, every other day, going every day, builds muscale!! Watch your suger, watch your carbs, no eating after 6pm, AND RUN BABY RUN, every other day. Do not do any upper body exersize. Good luck!!!!!!

XOXO Tiffany

Sedona
04-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Basically,

If you're built muscular, you're muscular, that's it. Of course there's some things to stay away from, like pushups/bench press and the like to avoid upper body buildup. But, why fight it?

If you're pretty low in body fat, and have a healthy ticker, no reason not to embrace it. There are some very sexy athletic women out there. Tennis players, swimmers, volleyball players, to name a few.

Good luck, and don't starve yourself,

marie354
04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I can remember back in the 70's in Santa Monica California... There was this place up the beach, called "Muscle Beach". Most of the guys were gay. (According to my sister.) They lifted weights and exercised all day.

Well, back then it was what they thought was cool.

There was one guy I met that was a "Queen". (Did I mention that I experimented with that idea back then?) Well, he worked out there every day.

Now that I'm retired, I don't do as much lifting or whatever than I did before, and my arms are, shall we say... A bit lacking from what they were. So no problem.

Don't do any upper-body exercises other than breast enhancement routines and it will work out OK... Less pecks and more breasts.

:hugs:

MJ
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
well when i was 298 pounds my arms were massive but what i did was not use them, if your job requires you to do so then there is not much you can do. but on my diet i lost 127 pounds and my arms went away

rosiegurl
04-13-2007, 04:08 AM
ok, no idea if this is actually true or not, but it does kinda make sense

to reduce the muscle mass while keeping the fitness level, it is about repititions rather than weight.

if you work out normally, drop the weights you use by half, and double the amount of reps

and lots of aerobic excercise to eat away the fat.

a sensible diet always helps of course *grins* just steer away from the high protien diets you'd normally go for when working out

Kate Simmons
04-13-2007, 04:12 AM
I dunno Tam, your arms and legs look okay to me. I say just be yourself and enjoy it. Show some "attitude" girl.:heehee:

Fab Karen
04-13-2007, 04:51 AM
Hi Steph,
Yea I'm real subconcience about my arms and legs. I got this new oufit today from Macy's. I'm not to sure about the length of the sleeves though, I wish they went down to my wrist. As you can see by this picture and my avatar, I wear longer sleeves to cover up the arms. I wonder if the boots go good w/outfit.45158
LOL
Tamera
Can't quite tell from the lighting, looks like black stockings with black boots? Too much solid black. You could wear lacy stockings, or fishnets, or "nude" or tan stockings with the boots.
Yeah some women's long sleeve tops are shorter, and blouses ( a.k.a button shirts ) are sometimes not long enough for our arms.

Brianna Lovely
04-13-2007, 04:57 AM
When someone diets to 1000-1500 calories a day. Doesn't the body start eating up muscle to survive? And would this work to slim down the leg and arm areas?
LOL
Tamera

Try swimming, it will make long, lean muscles.

Tamera
04-13-2007, 05:02 AM
Hi Brianna,
I'd like to swim, except I sink like a rock. I can't even float. I go to lay on top of the water and DOWN I go:sad:

As for the stockings, they are blue to match the blue skirt. The top is similar to the avatar picture except the avatar picture is has flared sleeves and I think looks better.

LOL
Tamera

Brianna Lovely
04-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Hi Brianna,
I'd like to swim, except I sink like a rock. I can't even float. I go to lay on top of the water and DOWN I go:sad:

LOL
Tamera

Well, Tamera maybe you could try walking and doing Martial Arts exercises.

Tamera
04-13-2007, 05:29 AM
I was thinking about walking but I don't want to build any leg muscles up, and I'm afraid that that would happen.

I don't know if losing more weight will get rid of these areas, I heard it might.

I weighed myself today and I am at 158. It used to be 215. 8 more lbs. and I'll be where I was at in "High School".
I can see so far that I have lost weight in my mid-section, butt, and face. A little in my thigh and calf area and a lil' in the arms.

Maybe when I lose more weight I'll lose in the arm and leg areas I asked about.
LOL
Tamera

JenniferR771
04-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Tamara,
Girl, you look fine to me. Sorry we didn't get to talk much at the last Tri-Ess meeting. I am quiet and a little shy. I lift a little weights. Maybe we can compare arms at the next meeting. Plenty of attractive CD's have big arms. You are amazing loseing that much weight--Congrats! Lots of women are bigger than you--and regret it. Average woman wears size 16.

I think this is really a case for mis-direction. Cute shoes, nice dresses, professional hair and makeup. New purse. Big earrings. Pearls. Bracelets. Gold rings. No one is going to be looking at your arms! Go power shopping. You could always drop by Glamour Shots or MAC for a professional makeover.

DonnaT
04-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Well, they look small enough to me Tamara.

I've 18" biceps.

Anyway, it can be done, by paying attention to how you use your arms.

Donna Rose (http://www.donnarose.com/) show you that it is possible.

EDIT: Well, she use to have a link that explained how she reduced her arm size. But it was basically, "don't use your arms" like you normally do. Reduce the amount of weight you lift. That includes groceries, laundry, etc.

5inchHeels
04-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Any thoughts on this?
LOL
Tamera

I'm a former competitive runner, so I've seen a lot of guys with skinny arms and legs. I think the best way to achieve what you're looking for is to do a lot of cardio activity, running being the best choice. With good arm movement while running your bicep will expend a significant amount of energy. Think of it like the ultimate low weight high rep workout. Make sure to focus on moving your arm from to front to back and avoiding any lateral movement.

If you want to skip the running, I would suggest standing in place and holding a light weight (4-6 lbs) and doing sets of exaggerated arm swings. Pretend you're running but extend the arm motion, bring your bicep up until it's parallel with your shoulder on the forward swing and your tricep should be parallel with shoulder on the back swing. Obviously you'll be swinging with both arms in different directions. You'll have to experiment with the number of sets and reps, but I'd start out pretty high, something like 6 sets of 25 reps. I'm pretty sure that will kill some arm muscle. :D

veronicag48
04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Your arms look pretty good to me and the legs aren't too bad either. wearing short sleeve tops will work out fine. just don't raise your arms to a point that flex the biceps.

Fab Karen
04-13-2007, 06:15 PM
As for the stockings, they are blue to match the blue skirt. The top is similar to the avatar picture except the avatar picture is has flared sleeves and I think looks better.

LOL
Tamera

Hmm, possibly deep blue like the band of color at the top of every post here? Fashion-wise with the boots, I still might go with my suggestion on stockings, just to break up the solidness of dark color.

Stephenie S
04-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Dear Tam,

The theory behind wearing 3/4 sleeves is that since your arms are too long for long sleeve tops, you don't make any attempt to wear them at all. You just have your sleeve end below your elbow. That covers your bicep, normally the biggest part of our arms. Experiment at the clothing store. Do something that is hard for lots of us. Ask the SA for help. They do this for a living and often have good advice about what is flattering and what's not. If you do this enough, you will gradually learn what looks good on you and what doesn't. Spend lots of time shopping. It's fun.

Lovies,
Steph

Tamera
04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Hello 5 inch heels,
I'll try those exercises and see what happens.
Hi Jennifer,
Yea we will have to compare arms and talk more at the next meet.
Hi Steph,
I'll try some of them 3/4 inch sleeves and see what happens. Worst case scenerio I'll have to go to the "TALL" section.
LOL ya all'
Tamera

Sally2005
04-16-2007, 12:40 AM
I don't know if this would have any negative impact, but could you put your arm in a splint so that you stop using it most of the time for about a week. Once I had a cast on and lost a lot of muscle and strength after.

Teresa Amina
04-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Took me a while to get a couple pics to compare with yours. I think you're as good as me, just have to cover those scars you've got.

Chiana
04-16-2007, 08:53 PM
One of my favorite sites for girls like us is Renee Reyes site. Lots of great stuff there. Including an excercise program to achieve a more feminine look, including getting those arms you want. Renee was a quarterback at one time and had really large, muscular arms. Her arms are very feminine looking now. Renee has fully transitioned now, but I have been a fan of hers way back before she started HRT. Great girl. Check out her exercise program. www.reneereyes.com.

sterling12
04-16-2007, 11:41 PM
You can do a bit of "camouflaging." Wear black a lot, (makes you look smaller and slimmer), rip the shoulder pads out of everything, (you probably don't need them), wear a jacket or a dress designed with a built-in "wrap" around the shoulders and the upper torso.

Oh yeah, and if you have tattoo's on your arms, cover them with a good concealer. If you are concerned about folks looking at your big arms and shoulders, don't have something that will draw their attention to that area.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Karen Francis
04-17-2007, 08:25 AM
What is working for me is ballet exercises. I have fairly broad shoulders to hide, so I use a combination of fashion tricks to hide them, colors, vests, patterns to the clothing all help
But a diet and exercise program is the only way to reduce the mass, because most of it is fat. Go to healthcentral.com and take their percentage of body fat survey- done with a series of measurements - do it for women and see how you stack up.
the advantage of ballet is it strengthens and tones without adding mass. Have you ever seen a large ballerina? if you have it was for the comedic effect. I use an instructional tape(DVD) called the Ballet Workout available at Kultur.com.
The diet part is also important. I have dropped from 190 to 170 on my way to 160 on a 5'11" frame. It makes a huge difference. the closer I get the more motivated I am. Not to mention healthier.
Good luck Karen

hhfet
04-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Any thoughts on this?
LOL
Tamera

When I wear a black long sleeve blouse and black pantyhose my arms and legs look thinner. Maybe that's just me?

'Caressa'