PDA

View Full Version : a good start?/ good news / the talk went well

chrystie
04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Hello again,I started my 56th. year off a little odd,I came out to my best friend(male).We were sitting around drinking beer and listening to tunes and
trying to solve the worlds problems.I got up to get more beer and my shirt rode up and he noticed that I was wearing pink panties.He asked me if I
was wearing my wifes underwear and I told him that they were mine.
I told him the whole story and he didn't understand clearly,he thought it was a sexual thing.I explained that I didn't dress up for sexual pleasure but rather because I felt more comfortable and relaxed while wearing my feminine clothes.
We have been friends for 30 years and he wanted to know how long I'd been dressing in womens clothes.When I told him over 40 years,he was
dumbfounded.He asked me how I got by in the military and I told him that I didn't crossdress in the service.I told him that ,so far.only he and my wife knows(at least in our circle),He said he needed time to think this over and I
told him take all time he needs.I also told him that I was still me despite what
I like to wear in private.
Time will tell.Well,that's enough for now,thanks for the ear.See ya,Chrystie.

Staci G
04-12-2007, 08:47 AM
You made that sound easy! Any of my friends would have freaked. I wish the best for you and your friendship, if he is a good friend he will understand and keep quiet, good luck

TV Wannabe
04-12-2007, 09:10 AM
It sounds like you have a friend that's somewhat understanding, good luck hon.

chrystie
04-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I guess the way I related my coming out to my friend made it sound easy,
but really girl,it wasn't.I could have lied and told him that yes,they were my wifes panties,but lies beget lies.And the saying goes something like"In Vin
Veritas",That there is truth in alcohol I have no doubt,unfortunately,the more
you drink,the looser your tongue can become.I had not been drinking that
much and I said an awful lot,but like I said,time will tell.After all,I want him as
the friend he has been,not as a lover.
Gotta go,it's laundry time.God,a womans work is never done.Bye for now,Chrystie.

joann07
04-12-2007, 12:07 PM
chrystie,
Its good that you stayed calm and didn't make a big deal about it.
It feels great when you tell someone and they're not freaked out or stunned.
Its as if a huge weight was lifted off your shoulder.

Last year, I told a GG friend about my crossdressing. I've known her and her husband for almost 20 years, dating back to our college days, and she was totally accepting. She said that as long as I'm happy then she has no problem with it.
For a while, I had been thinking about telling someone so I thought about telling her because I had a gut feeling that she would have an open mind. In addition, she always wears stylish clothes so I knew that she would be a great asset as a fashion consultant.
When I gave her the hint that I wanted to tell her, she was very inquisitive. I asked her if we could meet for lunch and then I would tell her then. The night before, she kept thinking about it and thought that maybe I was into drugs, sick or dying, committed a crime or something. When I met her, I told her that it had nothing to do with the any of that then I first started off telling her that I'm not gay and that I'm attracted to women and all. Once I told her that, she felt more at ease and then asked me what it was I had to tell her. I was wearing pantyhose and so I began by showing her my nylon cover feet and painted toe nails. She wasn't really surprised at all and said that my feet looked really cute. I then when on to tell her about how I started wearing pantyhose and then how I am into crossdressing today.
She asked if I had the desire to change sex and I said no and that I'm only into wearing women's clothes.
After I told her everything, we then went shopping and she picked out a nice top and skirt for me to wear at my next support group meeting.
Ever since then, she's been very supportive and is always helping me find and match new outfits.
She's great!
I know that if I told her husband, he would probably freak out and then be ok with it, but I know he would tease me about it for the rest of my life so I can't tell him.

terri jane
04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
i have often wanted to tell a close friend, i am so terrified of what they will think. wife regected my femme side so not ready to come out to a friend but god do i wish i had a friend that i could talk with about dressing not dressing now except as a tomboy,haha

AllieSF
04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
I am with you Terri. I would love to tell a trusted friend with whom I could share some of this as a friend. Preferrably a GG with a chance to benefit from the added side benefits as stated in the post. Maybe one day!

shannonsilk
04-12-2007, 04:41 PM
iIhope it works out. as you say,, it doesn't change anything about you. You're still you and I hope he's ok with that.

chrystie
04-13-2007, 06:03 PM
I just wanted to give you gals a brief update.My friend,who I came out to,
is coming over tonight to drink some more beer and to talk a bit.He told me
to dress comfortable,so I'm going out on a limb by wearing a bra and panties,
a kind of short skirt and a button down blouse.
My wife is going to lightly apply some makeup and my nails are done.I got
my ears pierced for Christmas and my wife bought me pearl ear rings which I will be wearing tonight.I hope it's not overkill and I hope he doesn't think I'm coming on to him.Should be interesting,wish me luck.
I'll let you all know the outcome.See ya,Chrystie(slightly nervous nellie)

Dana921
04-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I would go a little slower and dress normally with regular guy clothes and your normal girl underwear if that is what you normally do and feel him out. My impression is you have not really had a chance to talk since you first told him and he want some reassurance than yours and his relationship is still the same and is not affected by this new information. Bring him into seeing you more slowly and better prepared! :2c:

Dana

MJ
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
don't go too fast there, take it slow, give him a chance to adjust to the new you

Tina Dixon
04-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Well I think you have gain some comfidence, your wife knows, so the rest don't matter as much and hey at your age I guess go for it.

Stephenie S
04-13-2007, 07:58 PM
You made that sound easy! Any of my friends would have freaked. I wish the best for you and your friendship, if he is a good friend he will understand and keep quiet, good luck

Don't sell your friends short. Think about what you would feel. Would YOU freak if you found out YOUR friend was a CD? Then why would they?

Just MHO,

Steph

Angie G
04-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't know how my friends would take this kind og news and I don't want to find out good luck with your friend hun :hugs:
Angie

SandyR
04-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Hold on to those horses! I would slow it down a bit. From my experiences most guys don't settle in to well with those of us who like to dress up.

Please be careful.

SandyR

kerrianna
04-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Lol, Chrystie, you're not wasting anytime letting him see the real you! You gotta tell us how that went girl! Hope it went well. :hugs: I guess you'll find out how good a friend he is.

I have an old friend I want to tell too someday. It won't be exactly a surprise to him I don't think, as he kinda knows from a drunken (:heehee: ) night many, many years ago...but I think we both passed that off as just youthful drunkeness. I want him to know that there is more to it than that. I think he'd be cool with it - I'm still me and still his friend after all.

crusadergirl
04-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Good luck. I told most of my friends and they don't have a problem with it. I have dressed up and hung out with one of my guy friends and hes ok with it. But i get the feeling he likes it to much. I just like to dress mostly when i'm alone are with girls i now which is fun.

trannie T
04-14-2007, 01:11 AM
He might need more than a beer once he sees you. Better get some whiskey!

chrystie
04-15-2007, 09:15 AM
A little update on the talk I had with my friend who I outed myself to.
As you know,I was gonna go whole hog,dressing all en femme,but my wife
suggested I go a bit slower.I just wore my femme underwear and jeans and a
t shirt.As it turned out,it was the right thing to do.(all you girls were right to).
We talked for hours,my wife left us alone,and we covered a lot of ground.
He told me he was a bit taken aback when I told him,but after much thinking
and praying,he decided he could deal with it.After all,he said.it was still me.
He told me he would keep my cd'ing between us,he didn't even tell his wife.I
told him I wouldn't flaunt it or wave it in his face and he told me that if it
was in my house,I should dress the way I wanted.
I am glad and happy things turned out the way they did,I wouldn't want to
lose a thirty year friendship over some panties and a bra.Anyway,things are good,I ordered a couple of new bra's and life is good.
Thanks for your advice,care and consideration.Being a girl aint easy,is it?
LOL XOXOX,Chrystie

Gina_darling
04-15-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm very happy for you! You have a really good friend there!

kerrianna
04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Glad you listened to your wife and the people here. It's easy to get carried away and want to burst out of the cocoon singing here I am world! :heehee:

Sounds like a really cool friend. Glad it went well. Thanks for the update. :hugs:

kay2
04-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Wow! I'm impressed with how well you handled it. Your friend sounds like a fine man. Congratulations.

Ruth
04-15-2007, 04:32 PM
It's great that you have got this far with it. The only thing I dislike about the CD thing is the secrecy which always seems to surround it for most of us. My wife and one close friend know about me, and I wish so much it could be more, because of course only these two people know the "whole" me.

Sue Too
04-15-2007, 05:17 PM
It sounds like you have covered a lot of territory with you friend. I'm sure you have shared a lot of the feelings you both have about your dressing. Rather than just spring your femme image on him, why not ask him if the next time you meet he would like to see you totally en femme. Might be fun!

I wish you the best,

Susan