PDA

View Full Version : First Pedicure

Krystal Lee
04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I have been for numerous manicures but never a pedicure, I felt that would go over the edge.

Two weeks ago I was in for a manicure and the gal that was taking care of me tried to talk me into a pedicure,I was wearing stockings and girdle at the time, so I declined and told her another time maybe.

Well I thought about it really, really, hard for a long time. Ok, half a second, and knew I would have to try it.

Anyway I made an appointment and went in early to hopefully avoid the crowd.

Bliss! The attention is worth it all by itself! What a wonderfull relaxing time.

When she got ready to polish she looked at me and asked, clear or colored? Then said hang on I wil get the colors and ran off. Came running back with a holder full of great colors and told me to find something, pointing at the dark red and said or I could pick for you.

Some of you may remember that I have said in the past I go to a beauty school for my hair cuts and such. Well as it turned out one of the girls walked over to me as I was sitting down and asked me if I had been in a certain resturant last night. I replyed that I had and she laughed at me and said "my mom waited on you".

Some serious flirting, on my part, went into that time at the resturant and that morning as the girls were talking her mother had told her about this guy that had flirted with her and from her mothers discription of me she knew it was me her mom was talking about.

She and one of the other students were set up next to where I was, doing some practice work on what they call their dolls.

She then joined into the discussion about what color I should get my toe nails painted. We joked about different things and I finially decided to have a pale pink opal put on.

Sitting in that chair and watching the women as I had my toe nails painted, in an area of the womens world I had felt I would never join, and seeing the reactions or actually lack of reaction or at least concern, over a man invading the sanctum of the salon was increadable.

I was afraid of the reactions I might get but none of the women looked at me twice unless we were talking directly.

I was afraid of the reactions from the girl doing the job, even though she had seen my shaved arms, I felt she might be put off by my shaved legs.

None of my fears were justified!

I had a wonderfull time and will go do it again! And again,and again, well you get the idea.

Ok sorry for the long post but I must say, if you have not been treated to this experiance before then go try it yourself.

Hugs Krystal.:D

JoAnnDallas
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I just love when I go to the salon and have my pedicure/toe nail polish/manicure/fill/eyebrow waxed. Two hours of total bliss. Your right the girls doing the work, don't care if your a man or a woman. I have been getting my toes painted for months and each time I walk in, the first thing my tech says to me is to pick out my color. Also I have never had a customer say anything negitive to me or to the techs about me getting my toe nails polished. I once asked a GG customer what she thought about me getting polish on my toes. She told me she had no problem with it. I then asked her if I was the first man she seen getting his toes polished. She said, "Yes, I was".

noname
04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Glad you enjoyed your relaxing peticure. See... Your fears were unfounded. I've haven't found a customer in a the nail salon yet that objected to a guy getting a peticure with polish.

In fact, I've seen nail places with signs that say, manicures and peticures for women and men.

The down side, they peticures are adictive.

AllieSF
04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Me - Afraid to have a manicure (getting close though) and even more so for a pedicure.

My son - Has had both and told everyone

Go figure! - :D

SherriePall
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes, they are addictive. And I'm way overdue for one.

JamieTV
04-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I love getting a pedicure. I do it at least once a month, its so relaxing and I agree with SherriePall that its really addictive.

Jamie

Katelyn
04-12-2007, 11:31 PM
For me, it is the exact opposite. I have gotten 2 pedicures, but never a manicure. The first one was with a clear polish here where I live. The second one was in San Bernadino. I felt jipped for the second one because my girlfriend and I jokingly, (but seriously) told the nail tech to give me a french pedicure. At the end, no french pedi. :brokenheart: not even a clear coat. :Angry3: I won't be going back to that place in again. :tongueout :tongueout :tongueout :tongueout

jeri1973
04-14-2007, 07:56 AM
I just had my first pedicure a couple of weeks ago and I'm dying to go back again. I had thought about getting one for a while but was always a little scared of what others would think. Finally I got the phone book called a couple of places and spoke with the techs and went in. As I have said in an earlier post, I'll never touch my own toes again other than bathing.

It is summer time, get that pedicure and pull out the sandals.

Angie G
04-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Well I glad you enjoyed it it;s good to have some fue and relax:hugs:
Angie

scarletppn
04-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Have been getting pedicures for some time now but yesterday was the first time I had color applied instead of clear. The nail tech said that this was the first time she put color on a man. Several comments were made in an oriental language and some of the other oriental techs were trying to peak at my nails as they were drying. But, no big deal, I love the way my shiny red toes look now!

Stephenie S
04-14-2007, 10:08 AM
See, see, see? Do you understand yet? Places that sell a service, ie: nail salons, stores, hair salons, waxing services, DON'T CARE what sex you are!!!! They just want you to come in and spend money. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY! The more money you spend with them, the better they like you.

The "fear" that you feel is ALL in your head. If you want a pedicure, do it. If you want a hair style, do it. If you want to buy a dress, do it. You will be welcome in every one of these establishments.

Oh yeah, . . . just bring money. lol

Lovies,
Stephenie

Pamela75s
04-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Had my first pedicure in Maui this year on the beach at our hotel, and at first I thought everyone was looking, and come to find out no one cared, except for when they could get in. The next day my wife talked me into a facial, I had no idea how good it would feel. Again the women that gave us the facials did not care who it was. They were tipped well. Since being back, work has kept me very busy to get in for another one.

Rikkicn
04-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Krstal,
Thanks for telling your lovely story. It's exactly that kind of experience of being met, seen and accepted that leads to sense of relaxing and settling into your true self. Your feminine self.

Just lovely

KewTnCurvy GG
04-14-2007, 06:06 PM
I hate unpedicured feet; male or female.
Feet are icky enough, one needs to do what what can to make them look perty.
And in the salon I go to I see men in there getting pedicures all the time.
Kew

MaxineF
04-14-2007, 07:44 PM
It's funny, I think woman being the only people to get a pedicure is a western thing.
I remember seeing guys lining up for them in the public bathhouses in Budapest.

G

Katelyn
04-16-2007, 05:02 PM
See, see, see? Do you understand yet? Places that sell a service, ie: nail salons, stores, hair salons, waxing services, DON'T CARE what sex you are!!!! They just want you to come in and spend money. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY!

This wasn't true where I went last time. It really was second rate. Not even a clear polish was put on. I had asked if they could too. So, there are some places that just don't want money. I mostly regret still tipping for the lousy job... Live and learn I guess...

JoAnnDallas
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
My sister told me the trick to nail salons. That is pick one that has a good cliental. Then second pick a tech you really like, that does a real good job, does what you want (toe nail polish, clear on nails, eyebrow wax) and stick with her. Always make a appointment with her, then tip her well. Once you do that, she will bend over backwards to make your visit as pleasureable as possible. Also get to know her, is she married, does she have kids, etc. My sister said that it makes all the difference in the world. Your service will get better and better. In fact I saw my tech get a little defensive because I did a walk in and another tech was going to work on me. LOL The last time I went in, I was trying to decided which color to get and my tech came up and handed me a color saying this will look great on you. Just that little touch of attention you get from having a repoire with your tech.