PDA

View Full Version : Trial by fire

Gina_darling
04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi girls,

I went out in public for the first time yesterday. I was going first to a support group in Glasgow before going to a bar afterwards. I dressed in my flat and then went out the door and headed to the train. The comfortable heels I have worn indoors took on a new more vicious personality, but I got used to them. No-one payed me any attention, so I either passed or there is a "seen it all before" attitude. I got my ticket and rode the train into town.

I was walking in town when a voice piped up, "Excuse me, dear!" A woman was calling to me, took a second or two to realise I was the "dear" which felt good when I realised it was me! The woman wanted directions, and despite being quite nervous I am a polite young lady so gave her the directions she was looking for.

I arrived at the support group, which to be honest I didn't find particularly good. Everyone was far older than I was and I felt they were very cliquey. One girl however was more friendly and chatted with me.

I went on to a popular bar for the gay scene and met some more girls and had quite a pleasant evening. It was quite refreshing to be out as myself and not worry about what anyone thought.

I then got the train home without any problems whatsoever. So for any girls still in the closet, it really isn't so bad, but I do have the advantage of being in a big city where alternative lifestyles are more accepted.

Gina xx

Krystal Lee
04-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Gina,

Good on you! It is a wonderfull feeling when you finially get out and discover you can.

I have been out for years and still get a thrill doing it. The town I live in is small so most of my outings are out of town and therefore more adventourous. New horizons keep opening up for us as we press ourselves to keep going.

Hope you have many more fun outings.

Hugs Krystal.

JoAnnDallas
04-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I so glad you had a good time. I remember my first time out in public and around other CDer's. I was nervious as all get out, but soon relaxed when I noticed that no one pointed fingures at us or made any comment at all. I felt I was on cloud nine the whole day and evening.

linnea
04-12-2007, 04:50 PM
The more I go out, the more comfortable I feel.

Dixie
04-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm sooo excited, I get to go out on Saturday night for the whole evening enfemme WOO HOO i can hardly wait.:D