PDA

View Full Version : A gift from "Sue"

ChristineRenee
02-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi ladies!

I just had to share this with you as sometimes it is the small victories in life that mean so very much to us all.

Yesterday, my wife came home from grocery shopping with a surprise for me...CHRISTINE ME...I mean! She bought me a pair of black ballerina style slippers...on sale, of course...my wife being the thrifty shopper that she is. Well, you have to really appreciate this as my wife NEVER buys things for Christine and is constantly on me usually to pare my wardrobe down. Needless to say, I was totally flabbergasted...and VERY PLEASED!

Not sure what to make of this but I'm sure liking and appreciating the wonderful thought on her part.:cool:

Love,
Chrissie:)

pamalamathews
02-19-2005, 03:03 PM
could your wife help me shop also :)

SilkenPrincess
02-19-2005, 03:09 PM
That's wonderful news Christine! I am happy for you!
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Priscilla1018
02-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi Christine,

That is great news. I am veryHAPPY for you. :D

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Georgette
02-19-2005, 03:54 PM
She just buys me really nice Thongs and Bikinis, we both go shopping for our clothes together, as we are both about the same size and when I am with her I don't get stared at when I take girly clothes to the dressing rooms.LOL :)

ToniB
02-19-2005, 04:14 PM
You lucky b*st*rd Chrissie. You really know how to make most of us very jealous! If you really have discovered the secret to the Holy Grail (SO's acceptance) for God's sake share it with us! We need to know! NOW!

Pamela
Even my limited knowledge of US geography tells me Wyoming is a hell of a long way from Michigan for joint shopping trips. Like further that the length of England, end to end! But I guess you can dream!

Toni

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Hi ladies!

I just had to share this with you as sometimes it is the small victories in life that mean so very much to us all.

Yesterday, my wife came home from grocery shopping with a surprise for me...CHRISTINE ME...I mean! She bought me a pair of black ballerina style slippers...on sale, of course...my wife being the thrifty shopper that she is. Well, you have to really appreciate this as my wife NEVER buys things for Christine and is constantly on me usually to pare my wardrobe down. Needless to say, I was totally flabbergasted...and VERY PLEASED!

Not sure what to make of this but I'm sure liking and appreciating the wonderful thought on her part.:cool:

Love,
More baby steps for Sue!!!
I am sooooo happy for you, My Chrissie Bear!!!

You know I love you and every positive for you and Sue, is just such a thrill for me!!!
:D

Tamara Croft
02-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Awwwwwww that's sooooooooo kewl....... it's the little things that count..... and she must be coming round a bit to buy you a gift like that. I'm so pleased for you :D

Tamara x

Julie York
02-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Wait till she tells you about the course of 24 ballet lesson she booked!!!

Good luck Christine. It's often said that it is the thought that counts and that's often rubbish...but in this case the thought is so BIG.....Amazing. Good for you.

Sweet Susan
02-19-2005, 09:17 PM
She's warming.

donna anne
02-19-2005, 09:52 PM
way to go, i can inly hope my wife comes around like that, but its only been a short while since i told her.

ChristineRenee
02-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks so much ladies for all your replies. Yes...I think she is warming up a bit to Christine. I have been giving her more attention lately too and she was very appreciative of that and told me so. I told her tonight that I wanted us to be not only just husband and wife but like best girlfriends too. She smiled broadly! Let's hope this only gets better and better with time now!;)

Thanks again girls for your nice comments and support! Means a lot to me!

Love to all,

ChristineRenee
02-19-2005, 10:49 PM
You lucky b*st*rd Chrissie. You really know how to make most of us very jealous! If you really have discovered the secret to the Holy Grail (SO's acceptance) for God's sake share it with us! We need to know! NOW!

Pamela
Even my limited knowledge of US geography tells me Wyoming is a hell of a long way from Michigan for joint shopping trips. Like further that the length of England, end to end! But I guess you can dream!

ToniToni...Holy Grail? Holy Schnikees! If I ever do discover that sweetie I'll write a book!:D

And there is a Wyoming, Michigan Toni, though I doubt that is where Pamela hails from!

Love,

ChristineRenee
02-19-2005, 10:52 PM
More baby steps for Sue!!!
I am sooooo happy for you, My Chrissie Bear!!!

You know I love you and every positive for you and Sue, is just such a thrill for me!!!
:DAnd you know how I feel about my Moomy Bear too! Always there for me...thanks sweetie!;)

Love always,
Chrissie Bear:)

Celeste GG
02-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Just wait till you walk in on her sectretly trying them on! ;)

There is a theory that people buy prestents that they would like themselves.

Maybe she always wanted ballet lessons when she was young.... or did ballet and gave her happy memories.

Valentines day must have had an effect on some one at least. Wonderful

ChristineRenee
02-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Just wait till you walk in on her sectretly trying them on! ;)

There is a theory that people buy prestents that they would like themselves.

Maybe she always wanted ballet lessons when she was young.... or did ballet and gave her happy memories.

Valentines day must have had an effect on some one at least. WonderfulFunny you should mention that Celeste. In fact, she DID take ballet lessons when she was real young. Didn't have...shall we say...the "form" for it though! Frustrated ballerina wannabe I'm afraid!

Love,

Tristen Cox
02-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Wonderful news hun. Hope this is the begining of a nice new change on the home front for you both. A step at a time, you just needed the right shoes for it(..lol) Enjoy the little perks, but remember not too take them for more than they are. Still be cautious and take your time. She'll come around as she gets more comfortable with things. *hugs*

Love
Tristen

ChristineRenee
02-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks lil' sis...always day-to-day with us! But it was a first so it was encouraging that way!:)

Helana
02-21-2005, 01:21 AM
I guess she still loves you after all...... :)

GGs usually buy presents to say sorry or to say I am thinking of you. Either way it is a healthy sign of acceptance. Men usually buy gifts either because we have to or we want something in return :D

Now you have to buy her ballerina shoes too so that the two of you can practice together. ;)

Holly
02-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Christine,

This is wonderful news. Stay the course, now. You know what you need to continue to do. Love will triumph, in the end. Big Holly HUG.

Steffie
02-22-2005, 03:58 AM
Great to hear that she may be finally coming round babe xxxxx ;)

I'm so happy for you and hope it's a sign of better things to come!

Best wishes

Steffie :D

paulaN
02-22-2005, 09:09 AM
that is just great I'm so happy for you. Makes ya wonder what will happen next.

Ashleigh
02-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Super deal! Sounds like she is trying. :)

DonnaT
02-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Great to hear Christine.

I reckon she's slowly trying to acccept what you've been telling her, and preparing for more changes when you move. Tells me she really really loves you and doesn't want to lose you.

ChristineRenee
02-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks ladies...your support means so much. I think the HRT has been the thing that has been so hard for her to deal with. She is scared...understandably so...and concerned about what the future holds. Heck...I am scared too for that matter. This is uncharted waters for me too...certainly not something I thought I'd be doing 12 years ago when we first got together. We care deeply for each other and want to make this work so we can enjoy our retirement in Florida. I could not get her to join the GG forum here, but she has spoken with Pattie (True Gemini's Wife) and I think Pattie was able to reach her some. She is very old school regarding how men and women should be so it is difficult to change or even alter that kind of mind set after so many years. I still don't think she understands our community yet either, but I am hoping when we join Tri-Ess down in Florida that having more wives of CD's to talk with will give the comfort and support that she hasn't had access to all these years. Pattie told me that Sue told her that she is looking forward to that and that is a very encouraging sign as well. Many thanks to my Momma Bear for her concern and support...she has been a God send to me as has this forum and you wonderful sisters have been. I love you all so very much and treasure the friendships that I have made here!

Love to all,

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks ladies...your support means so much. I think the HRT has been the thing that has been so hard for her to deal with. She is scared...understandably so...and concerned about what the future holds. Heck...I am scared too for that matter. This is uncharted waters for me too...certainly not something I thought I'd be doing 12 years ago when we first got together. We care deeply for each other and want to make this work so we can enjoy our retirement in Florida. I could not get her to join the GG forum here, but she has spoken with Pattie (True Gemini's Wife) and I think Pattie was able to reach her some. She is very old school regarding how men and women should be so it is difficult to change or even alter that kind of mind set after so many years. I still don't think she understands our community yet either, but I am hoping when we join Tri-Ess down in Florida that having more wives of CD's to talk with will give the comfort and support that she hasn't had access to all these years. Pattie told me that Sue told her that she is looking forward to that and that is a very encouraging sign as well. Many thanks to my Momma Bear for her concern and support...she has been a God send to me as has this forum and you wonderful sisters have been. I love you all so very much and treasure the friendships that I have made here!

Love to all,
There isn't anything I wouldn't do to help you and Sue, you know that. As I have told you before, I haven't given up hope for the two of you! I do believe in my heart, that Florida will be the best thing for both of you. Gem has said the same thing. I understand Sue's fear and confusion, as does Gem. I think that huge step she took, by taking the phone from you that night, was both very hard, yet very much what she knows deep down, was needed and I do hope she will continue to reach out or at least let me reach for her. Sometimes those huge steps in life are better taken when you have someone there to lean on..
Tri-Ess is going to be what takes that weight from her, I know it and as we spoke about, I know Sue believes it too.
Baby steps Chrissie..
Baby steps..

I love you..
;)
Momma Bear

ChristineRenee
02-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks Pattie for letting me put you on the spot like that. It was a good start though and something she has needed for so long. Since I have been a part of this forum I have really begun to see more clearly how the wives struggle with this everyday. That is why the GG forum here is such a great thing...I just wish I could have gotten her to join, and yet I understood her apprehensions about it...not really being an internet person to begin with.

The two of you talking I believe broke some ground here and maybe gave her an opportunity to express some long held-back feelings. I sure hope so...and I hope that this will just be the beginning and not the end of you two being able to communicate with each other. I too feel that being retired and away from here and her peer group, our new Florida home, and being Tri-Ess members, will have some real positive effects on her...in addition to dialoging with you.

Thanks again Pattie...my Momma Bear...for all you have done for me since you have been a member here...and to all my sister girlfriends here who have supported me throughout. I love you all.

Love you,
"Chrissie Bear":)

xsarahlynn
02-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Hi Christine. I think that is great, I'm happy for You. I know I keep thinking on every holiday that maybe my wife might buy something for Sarah, but that has not happen yet. If only she knew how much that would mean to me. It doesn't have to be anything special just something from Sue to Sarah would mean so much. Oh by the way, my wife's name is Sue also.

Sarah Lynn

ChristineRenee
02-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi Christine. I think that is great, I'm happy for You. I know I keep thinking on every holiday that maybe my wife might buy something for Sarah, but that has not happen yet. If only she knew how much that would mean to me. It doesn't have to be anything special just something from Sue to Sarah would mean so much. Oh by the way, my wife's name is Sue also.

Sarah LynnI definitely know the feeling Sarah. For me, it was like an acknowledgement of who I really am...that's what was so significant about it. That's cool that your wife is named Sue too. I hope that it'll happen soon for you too...it's a great feeling!

Love,