PDA

View Full Version : Did I just see a CDer?

Eva Diva
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I went out for an errand this morning. It was raining, with a little hail mixed in - pretty unpleasant weather. I pulled out of my street and went on to the main road. As I drove up the hill, I saw someone on the sidewalk in front of me. It looked like a tall girl, long hair, a raincoat and a brightly colored backpack type bag over the shoulder. As a approached her, I realized that she was holding one hand out - it looked like she was hitch-hiiking. Hmmmm.... I haven't seen a hitch-hiker around here for many years, much less a girl hitch-hiker. As I got close, I looked over at her, and.... it sure looked like a guy in a wig!
This is a puzzler. I drive this road every day around the same time, and I've never seen anyone like that. I can't be absolutely sure, but I'd give it 95% that it was a guy. The hair was long and curly/frizzy - down past the shoulders, but the face said guy in the quick look I had. The coat was bright blue - definitely not a guy-color. And the hitching thing just adds to the puzzle. These days hitch-hikers are one rung above convicted pedophiles - it's just not done any more. I'll keep my eyes open, but I suspect it will be one of those puzzles that never gets solved.

MsJanessa
04-13-2007, 06:56 AM
only one way to find out is to pick her up---if you dare that is

Karren H
04-13-2007, 07:03 AM
I saw a movie like that.... did she have a goalie hockey mask on?? hehe Sounds dangerous to me...

Love Karren

Kieron Andrew
04-13-2007, 07:08 AM
or this mask :devil:

Kate Simmons
04-13-2007, 08:25 AM
I may also have been someone who was displaced in time or a ghost. Stranger things have happened.:happy:

LingerieandLace
04-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Next time you see them ...you should stop and share a few comments... who knows it may be very interesting.

Eva Diva
04-13-2007, 08:39 AM
I talked with someone about this yesterday. Back in the early-mid Seventies, I used to hitch rides all the time. People would pick me up and offer me a joint. Now, you can't even trust a priest with your son. :eek:

Is the world a better place?

Angie G
04-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Well even CD's some times need a ride :hugs:
Angie

stormrider
04-13-2007, 09:02 AM
When I was going to college, not many of could afford vehicles. Hitchhiking was a way of getting to anywhere we wanted to go. I met quite a few very nice people on both sides of the vehicle, drivers and hitchers. I also had a few offers from both men and women, Now hitchhiking is a dangerous mode of travel for both hitcher and driver. The only way I would feel comfortable picking someone up is if I knew them.

Eva Diva
04-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Well even CD's some times need a ride :hugs:
Angie

True. :D I was driving someone to the doctor at the time, so that wasn't a possibility. The thing is, I wouldn't pick up a young person these days. I don't even talk to children unless it's an infant in a carriage with Mom. I've heard so many horror stories of people being accused of being perverts for perfectly innocent reasons - who needs the aggravation? The paranoid nutters have spoiled it for the rest of us. :mad:

Fab Karen
04-13-2007, 04:35 PM
I talked with someone about this yesterday. Back in the early-mid Seventies, I used to hitch rides all the time. People would pick me up and offer me a joint. Now, you can't even trust a priest with your son. :eek:

Is the world a better place?

Actually dangerous things happened way back when- There were a string of murders in the same area after the "Black Dahlia" murder, Ed Gein I think was a killer in the 50's, Hannibal Lector was loosely based on him. Manson gathered a group of kids & convinced them to do his twisted bidding in '69. I think there are even some people who came forward in modern times to tell how way back in their youth they were molested by a priest, it just went unreported because who would have believed them back then? We just have a lot more information coming instantly about such things these days.

Samantha B L
04-13-2007, 07:27 PM
It's very possible that was a CD'r,Eva.I've moved almost 20 times in my life.Most of those were what I would describe as grain elevator towns.There isn't a one of those towns where I didn't see at least a couple of what was undeniably crossdressers at one time or another somewhere in town.And that's not just the campus towns with the gay bars and vintage clothing stores!It's the whistle stops,too.I grew up in Wood River,Illinois and we used to hitchhike to Sav-mart and to a yearly local Rock Festival which was about 7 miles from Wood River on the SIU campus.I used to do that with my brother and a few freinds in Junior High and High School in like 1969-1974.It seems like most people stopped hitchhiking in the late 70's.People just don't do it anymore unless there's absolutely no choice,car trouble,etc..Sadly there are some dangerous people nowadays hitchhiking.Maybe you'll never know if that was a CD'r,Eva.But when I see another CD'r out in public I always want to talk to them but I think to myself that they won't want the undue attention and would rather be left alone.but I always introduce myself to other CD'rs where social situations and gatherings allow.

Sherlyn
04-13-2007, 09:01 PM
..Id say it was a vagrant that perhaps got into the donations at a goodwill or even was givin them ...they really dont care as long as they are warm ....honestly mosts cd's are nervous of someone walking down the opposite side of the street seeing them ...let alone hitchiking

Carin
04-13-2007, 09:08 PM
I hope it was not a CDer recently come out to his SO and promptly rejected and ejected.:thinking:

Eva Diva
04-13-2007, 09:17 PM
..Id say it was a vagrant that perhaps got into the donations at a goodwill or even was givin them ...they really dont care as long as they are warm ....honestly mosts cd's are nervous of someone walking down the opposite side of the street seeing them ...let alone hitchiking

There was an old guy here in town we used to see all the time. He definitely had the Goodwill think going on. He always wore a skirt - and an green elf hat. What does an elf hat look like? Think Robin Hood, and then keep going. :D

The mysterious person I saw was straight out of a Snopes.com article.

Eva Diva
04-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I hope it was not a CDer recently come out to his SO and promptly rejected and ejected.:thinking:

The impression I got was closer to the time I was driving down south and I saw Jesus at the side of the road. Long brown hair, big beard, white robe, waving to people. How many people do you know who can say that they honked and waved to Jesus? :D

Melinda G
04-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Might have been Howard Stern?

Eva Diva
04-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Might have been Howard Stern?

You know... the hair was very similar.

I think I would have recognized that nose though.... :D