PDA

View Full Version : That first shave.......

Kieron Andrew
04-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Ok whilst getting ready to go out, part of my going out rountine is to have a shave & has been for as long as i can remember....i hate the peachy fuzz feeling, even if its not visable i know its still there, sooooo shave it i do!

Anyway whilst shaving tonight i was thinking about the forum (sad i know :rolleyes: ) and wondered how many MTFs and FTMs remember their first shave......

What did it feel like? Natural
Did you cut yourself? No not yet but theres still time lol
Were you scared to shave? Kind of yes, i didnt want to cut myself and it be visable so everyone knew what i had done
How old were you when you had your first shave? 14 i think

If you can think of anything else tell me about that first shave......oh and if there is any GG's out there that had ago when they were kids or something please feel free to have an input here! (ive answered next to my questions)

AllieSF
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
First shave as a guy way to many years ago to remember any details. I needed to do it because that dark hair on my lip was ripe for shaving. As a woman - used nair on my hands and am now plucking the re-growth. Still afraid to take the plunge for arms and legs.

CaptLex
04-12-2007, 01:38 PM
What did it feel like? Exciting

Did you cut yourself? No - in fact, I still haven't (knock wood)

Were you scared to shave? Not really, but I was a little scared of nicking myself too. I used so much shave gel, I looked like Mr. Bubble :heehee:

How old were you when you had your first shave? I've actually been shaving for years 'cause I've had facial hair for a long time - nothing compared to what I have now, but it was a lot for a girl - but the answers above are for what I consider my first real shave - that is, for the facial hair that started emerging after I started T. So, I was 45.

And I just noticed this week that I have a little dark spot just below the lip (and above the chin), which I thought was a new freckle or something - turns out the blonde peach fuzz there is now getting dark. Cool! :happy:

Kieron Andrew
04-12-2007, 01:40 PM
And I just noticed this week that I have a little dark spot just below the lip (and above the chin), which I thought was a new freckle or something - turns out the blonde peach fuzz there is now getting dark. Cool! :happy:
yay!! Peach fuzz going woohoo, YAY! for Lex hehee.....and no im not drunk YET! just excited for you lol

Gina_darling
04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
First shave as a boy was probably around 14 - 15 when the hair became visible. I have cut myself a few times but then after 8 years of shaving that's almost 2,500 shaves so a few cuts isn't bad :p I was never scared, though it is really annoying when you're going to a ball or something in a smart suit and you have a cut on your face :mad:

Now for the feminine shaving I started on my legs just a few months ago. I cut myself once, typically just before I was to perform a number as Gwen Stefani on stage! The arms came this week just before my first outing as Gina (the Gwen thing was a fancy dress "Stars in their eyes" thing so doesn't count). I was a bit nervous about what people would think but it doesn't matter. I never show my legs as a guy because I don't like shorts.

Abraxas
04-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Okay, I'll have a go.

What did it feel like? I don't really remember the first time-- I just know I really liked the smooth-faced feeling afterward. Still do.
Did you cut yourself? I cut myself every time I shave, without fail, no matter where I'm shaving or how careful I am or how good the razor is or how much or little shaving creme/gel/soap/whatever I use. I've even managed to cut myself with an electric shaver. I really shouldn't be allowed near sharp implements.
Were you scared to shave? Nah.
How old were you when you had your first shave? Hmmmm... I'd say, probably around 17 or so.

false_dichotomy
04-12-2007, 04:15 PM
What did it feel like? Like I knew I'd be doing it for a long time to come.
Did you cut yourself? I've never really cut my face, but I've nicked my ears more times than I can count. Someday I'll have a Van Gogh moment?
Were you scared to shave? Nope
How old were you when you had your first shave? 15 or 16, I think.

Adam
04-12-2007, 04:17 PM
What did it feel like? good and cool lol
Did you cut yourself? nope and still havent as yet
Were you scared to shave? yes because i dident want to cut myself
How old were you when you had your first shave? about 20 i think not sure though

i would like to point out i have not saved for about 3 weeks and dad bless him said to me wow you have a bit of a mastosh thing going on there then he asked if i had started T and not told him :eek: i don't no why but i do have hair comeing in there and on my chin its light but noticeable i am in 2 minds weather to shave it or not i mean if it looks like girl fuzz i dont want it :heehee:

Tristan
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
What did it feel like? very happy like it was right even though I didn't know I was transgendered yet (first time I shaved my face hehe I really didn't know)

Did you cut yourself? nope not on the face yet.... only with the legs ouch

Were you scared to shave? yes worried I'd draw massive amounts of blood.... it was a very slow process but when pple acted like it was weird that i shaved my face i sort of repressed the desire to do so till i came out as trans to myself

How old were you when you had your first shave? i think i was 19 or 20 -- i was in college when i just had to try it after a lifetime of wanting too... now though it's kind of a pain to shave mostly cuz i just don't have the patience for it hehe i think the razors i buy are crap cuz it seems to take a long time to get the fuzz off

happyfish
04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
What did it feel like? Cool. I was also kind of sad to lose the longish darkish peach fuzzies because I'd been going "hey! I have facial hair!" for about a month, but it was still a nice feeling. Clean.
Did you cut yourself? Not my face, but I've cut my legs and armpits on occasion.
Were you scared to shave? I was scared that I'd cut myself or get razorburn or something so that everyone would know what I did.
How old were you when you had your first shave? My face was on...Monday. The first time I shaved my legs I was probably 13 or 14.

Laurie909
04-13-2007, 12:54 AM
One thing I can say for sure is that the razors, shavers today are better than they were when I first shaved! Whether shaving face or legs, with either a blade or electric, you could really cut yourself. Today's shavers and razors are much more sophisticated...to the point where shaving isn't synonymous with drawing blood!

Marlena Dahlstrom
04-13-2007, 01:29 AM
To be honest, my high school years sucked, so I don't remember my first shave. BTW, if it makes you guys feel any better, bioguys don't usually start shaving regularly until a few years after puberty. Although most of them may need to shave stray hair before then -- in fact it's usually a bit of a joke about teenage boys wanting shave their wisker (singular) to feel more manly.

I've cut myself numerous times over the stick. It's more annoying than anything, since it usually happens when I'm in hurry. A styptic pencil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styptic) will help stop the bleeding. Rather than the one shown at Wikipedia, the better kind has a roller ball (much like a deodorant) which won't get gunked up with dried blood.

To avoid cutting yourself, shave slowly and don't press too hard. If the blade is sharp is doesn't need a lot a pressure -- it's more like "painting" your face.

Lisa Golightly
04-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Anyway whilst shaving tonight i was thinking about the forum (sad i know :rolleyes: ) and wondered how many MTFs and FTMs remember their first shave......

What did it feel like? Confusing... My hormones were all over the shop. Some bits of me were looking very feminine, and I had a beard... Still it's always been patchy and dodgy to look at... That's why I'm lasering it off. It only ever really grew on my upper lip, chin and throat.

Did you cut yourself? Oh yes, the aforesaid hormones meant I had pizza topping skin so there was blood everywhere... *ouch* I used to wear this acne cover fondation which although it gave me even skin tone meant my skin looked like a craggy mountain range... Awwwww poor Lisa!

Were you scared to shave? Yes, because I was confused as to what sex I was meant to be :) I never had a strong gender identity as a kid... bit of a ditherer... but I kind of liked being feminine in shape, and the beard became a bit of a trauma... I was worried that it would become a Karl Marx thing overnight once I'd done it... It never did of course, but I still witter about being on webcam if I feel there is the slightest hint of shadow... which I guess there isn't... Don't know, ask Jack :)

How old were you when you had your first shave? About 18-19... lol... I told you I was hormonally challenged

kerrianna
04-13-2007, 02:04 AM
Hmmm, I can't recall exactly. But I never did shave much. I wanted facial hair so badly that I always let it grow. I think I thought it made me look cool and dangerous. I was influenced by the Beatles esp their White Album look. I wanted to look like George. :p

So I did shave it off when I was about 27. I looked like I was 16 afterward. It felt totally weird, I felt naked. I think I did cut myself a bit. My male friends liked the shaven look, my female friends said grow it back so I did. Didn't shave again until last fall. It's gone for good and now I'm thinking about laser or something too, because I HATE shaving! And it's hard on my rosacea.

But I don't miss the facial hair at all. Should have done away with it a lot sooner, lazy sod. :D

John
04-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I was shaving every couple of days for the last few weeks, but I've stoped for a bit now just to see what happens (so far: nothing)

What did it feel like? pretty cooll (and a little manlly).
Did you cut yourself? Nope :bs:
Were you scared to shave? Oh yes. That I'd skrew it up and it would hurt and look a state. And all the usuall douts I have when I do anything gender-related. for the first time (what can I say? I may be a man, but I'm a sissy-man:heehee: )
How old were you when you had your first shave? 18 (a few weeks ago)

Kieron Andrew
04-13-2007, 10:42 AM
How old were you when you had your first shave? 18 (a few weeks ago)
awww our little boy is growing up to be a fine young man :D

Tamara Croft
04-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, since you asked for GG's too... this might be a little off topic, but it reminded me of my 2 eldest children when they were about 2 and 3 years old ;) I caught the pair of them sitting in the bath (no water in it) having a shave lol!!! My daughter was doing her legs and my son was doing his face..... let's just say there was a lot of blood :eek: I said to them.... what on earth are you doing?? to which they both replied.... well we're only copying you mummy :shocked: (i do not shave my face dammit)...

John
04-13-2007, 10:47 AM
awww our little boy is growing up to be a fine young man :D

I don't know I'd go that far. 'man' and 'young', maybe. But 'fine'? I know many people who would despute that :devil:

Tamara Croft
04-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't know I'd go that far. 'man' and 'young', maybe. But 'fine'? I know many people who would despute that :devil:I've been told to slap you for this :slap:

:tongueout

Kieron Andrew
04-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, since you asked for GG's too... this might be a little off topic, but it reminded me of my 2 eldest children when they were about 2 and 3 years old ;) I caught the pair of them sitting in the bath (no water in it) having a shave lol!!! My daughter was doing her legs and my son was doing his face..... let's just say there was a lot of blood :eek: I said to them.... what on earth are you doing?? to which they both replied.... well we're only copying you mummy :shocked: (i do not shave my face dammit)...
:lol2: ....... didnt they freak with the blood?

Tamara Croft
04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
:lol2: ....... didnt they freak with the blood?Nope lol... but they did say they need lots of plasters.... lots is an understatement :eek:

It was one of those situations where the kids look at you as if they didn't do it hehe...

Taylor105
04-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Sadly enough, I have not shaved my face yet. It's something I have been debating in my mind. I have the very light peach fuzz that all genetic females have. You can't see it at all unless you are like an inch from my face. Noone ever gets that close to me. hehe I am thinking of shaving just because I want to have some manly smelling after shave. :) Question though. Does it really burn to put on aftershave? Taylor