PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Dress?

sobe1ove GG
04-12-2007, 02:32 PM
GG here. I was just wondering how often everyone is dressed as a woman here. I just want to learn more about this so I know a bit of what to expect from my CD guy.

Just judging by posts on here, it seems like most of you are dresses en femme nearly constantly. Is that what usually happens? I know eveyone's different, but there are trends in this kind of thing.

Basically, it would be helpful if you told me percentages, like the percentage of time that you are crossed.

Thanks!

Sobe

terri jane
04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
for me it was only when alone because wife doid not know when i told it became a big problem so i have only felt the need for on occasion but prefered panties daily under male clothing. think it is an individual thing talk with hubbie more openly about this

lindase4da
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi Sobe -

I'm also a partner to a CD who now dresses every night when she gets home from work and all weekend. She says that she makes a living en homme, but lives en femme.

She has only begun to do this recently and her entire personna has changed. She's more calm and relaxed. I noticed this on Easter Sunday when she was not dressed in case of kids dropping by and became aggitated at nearly everything. This lasted through Monday until she was able to dress again after work. By Tuesday night the calmness had returned.

Hope this helps.

Linda

suzi_cd
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm dressed most weekends (from Friday evening through Sunday evening) and a couple of evenings a week - depending on what is going on.

Thats fully dressed - with makeup etc.

Panties are worn all the time ;)

suzi

xx

cdmich
04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Sobe,

Have been reading our posts and commend you fortrying to understand the CD thing. Your are one special lady. As for frequency I dress on average once evey ywo weeks. My wife and I dress up for the day and sit around and relax. I will add that 'dressing' sometimes consumes the majority of my daydreaming moments and that my not be so good but still better than thinking over nothing.
Again you are the best for trying!

Michelle

XDW Nathan-Natasha
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey again, sobe1ove! For me it varies. Sometimes I'll go days without dressing whereas, at other times I'll dress daily, or several times a day if I have to go between guy and girl modes, if you want to think of it that way. I'm totally enfemme as I post now, for example, but I was in complete guy mode for the first few hours of the morning. I'm planning on going into, I guess what you'd call 'half-dressed mode' (I call it 'hybrid mode') pretty soon as I'm gonna go out.

I know that how much a guy cross-dresses varies from person to person. Some 'girls' spend most of their time in 'girl mode' and rarely don a set of men's clothes. Others dress occassionally, like when they're under stress as a way to unwind. Others may dress only when they are able to - such as if they live with their parents and can only dress when they have the house to themselves. So, it really varies.

There's no real way to say what you should expect from your SO because it is so variable. It's true that many here spend a lot of the time enfemme, but I know a lot of others only dress part of the time - I'm one of those, usually. Some here probably dress once a month, or only partially dress in women's clothing, though I can't say for sure.

My best piece of advice for you is to talk to you SO and see what his goals / intentions are as a cross-dresser. Ask him how much he would ideally like to cross-dress and then go from there. If he wants to dress say, 40% of the time and you're only comfortable with him dressing 10% of the time - you can talk it over and negotiate an amount which both of you are comfortable with.

I for example: dress about 20 - 30% of the time. I half-dress (men's and women's clothing together) an additional 5% or so of the time (these are all estimates, mind you). But it can vary. Sometimes I won't dress more than once a week and others I may dress for some time every day of the week. It just depends on so many factors that I can't always gauge.

So yeah...that's about it. I hope this helped a little.

Colleen
04-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I remember voting on one like this .It wasnt too long ago.

Felix
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi Hun hope ya don't mind me joining in, I dress all the time at home for work socially, but then that's just me Hun. Lucky I have a very understanding Life Partner. I do need to relax at night though so that's a different matter. I do manage to stay dressed from I get up till latish on an evenin hope this has helped xx Felix :hugs:

Casey Morgan
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Lately, I dress fully en femme between 3% (1 day a month) and 14% (1 day a week) but that's only for an hour or three each time. The entire rest of the time I partially dress. But then, I'm TG so that makes a difference, or at least it can.

sobe1ove GG
04-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi Hun hope ya don't mind me joining in, I dress all the time at home for work socially, but then that's just me Hun. Lucky I have a very understanding Life Partner. I do need to relax at night though so that's a different matter. I do manage to stay dressed from I get up till latish on an evenin hope this has helped xx Felix :hugs:

Dude, I'm totally fine with you chiming in. You're going through the same stuff too.

janetcd2
04-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I am in undies nylons and shoes every day fully dressed when I feel like it about once a month but then shoes are my thing

Leah B
04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Again, should metnion I'm sobe's BF.

Problem is I don't know how much I would ideally like to crossdress, and I'm not sure I will until I'm free to crossdress as much as I'd like.

The problem is that right now it's, like, all I think about when I'm not distracted. I feel like 100% right now, and I've felt like 5 percent in months past. Will crossdressing make me want to crossdress more? This is what she's afraid of. She doesn't want me getting hooked and ceasing to be the boyfriend she knows. I can't promise I won't get hooked, but I can guarantee I can't possibly want to crossdress more than I want to right now. Last time I did, a few days ago, it calmed me down. I wanted more, but it helped. So crossing might just as well release some of the urge.

JenniferR771
04-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Sobe, So glad you are making an effort to understand.

Myself my wife knows, but does not approve. I am older. So dress on an occasional day when she is at work and I am off. Otherwise I go to Tri-Ess meetings and a second support group--both once per month.

hotbobbie
04-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I dress all the time as i have no mens clothing at all. It all took time to come to grips with who i am and not what i am.

Kate Simmons
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Everyone is different Hon. It depends on what he feels his needs are. I, for one, never underdress, that is wear panties or lingerie under my guy clothes. It's either all or nothing for me. Even so, I'm to the point where it doesn't make much difference if I wear guy or girl clothes, since I've integrated all of my feelings and I'm always pretty much the same person. I just exchange one set of clothes for another and do it totally because I want to not because I feel like I have to. As I said, everyone is different though.:happy:

Kikacd
04-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I am married, wife knows I dress, and have 5 kids living at home. (1 is a nephew) This limits the time I can dress. I do wear panties daily and have for 13 years now. Thongs are my wifes favorites on me. about 4 times a week I can manage to dress for an hour in the mornings before the kids start to get up. I also dress after the kids go to bed. Again, I don't dress everyday. I don't do make-up & wig. My wife even packs nighties for me when I go on business trips.
I hear alot of other members have agreements with their wifes on how far they take their dressing. For me my wife has only said that she likes me with a moustach so I keep it for her and that she does not want anyone to joining us in bed. The moustach keeps me from being able to attempt to pass in public, so I have not tried make-up. makeup also make it hard to change quickly if needed.

So in summary it is a few hours a day a few days a week. Living situations are a driving factor.

Kika

linnea
04-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I wear panties every day. Some days I wear panties, a panty girdle, and stockings--that's about half the days of the year and that's under male drab.
Roughly four or five weekends a year (or the equivalent amount of time, two or three days in the middle of a week) I can dress completely with make-up, jewelry, hair fixed nicely, and nice outfits. So that's about 10 - 12 days a year or about 3% of the time for entire femme dressing.
My SO does not know that I dress, but I don't think that the percentage would change much if she did. I would just not have to hide what I'm doing. I could put on my panties in the morning and take them off in the evening without fear of being caught wearing panties. I could possible--I emphasize POSSIBLY--wear panties, a bra, stockings, and other femme clothing under my "home" clothes (for example, when I am working in the yard, not exposed to public view).
If she were okay with my dressing some at home, I would guess that I wouldn't do it or want to do it every day. As you have noted, everyone is different. I believe that if my SO knew and if she were accepting of it, I would still dress completely only about 3-5% of the time. The only way that might increase would be if she wanted to go out or do other activities with me dressed (go shopping, dining, entertainment, etc.).
That's my idea of it.

Ruth
04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I reckon I dress on average twice a week for maybe a couple of hours each time. This is with my wife's consent. Like Salandra, I don't go in for underdressing. It's one or the other for me. I don't know what the percentage is - you'd have to do the math.
All best wishes,
Ruth

sophie69
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I recon its about one or twice a month..... around gf and kids. The gf knows and tolerates it, but I prefer it when she is not around. Last week they all went away for a week.... bliss, dressing two/three days.

I find the urge gets greater and greater... then I need to dress.

In the summer dont do it too much cos I grow hair and I dont like to do it by half, want the shaved legs, make up... the works every time.... lol

Soph

x

Glenda58
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
I split my time equally. If I feel like dressing up I do or if I have sometime to do as a male I dress as a male. I live alone so I don't have to hide from anybody and there is no pressure to dress up or not. I like dressing up en femme but I also like to be the man sometimes.
We all have different needs for dressing up. Some feel rushed to dress because they only have a little time to dress. Some because it's new and exciting and want to do it all time. But we all like dressing up with someone to share with. That's why we come to this forum to share our experiences.

VickieBonne
04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
My wife knows. I dress at least three days a week after work, and every other weekend. I often wear unisex clothes or women's jeans when running errands and of course always wear panties. Hope that helps.

Sally24
04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Don't know about percentages but I try to dress at least once on the weekend for 2-3 hours. I spend most of that trying out new outfits and new combinations of old clothes. Mostly to get ready for my monthly outing. About once a month I go out with the girls on Friday night. I get ready after work and am dressed by about 7 or 8 pm. Stay dressed until Sat. about 5 or 6 am. The buzz from that keeps me going for days!

With the good weather coming I'm hoping to get an outing maybe every other week.

vbcdgrl
04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi, Sobe. I would say I fully dress about 15-20% of my waking hours, but I do sleep in a nighty and panties, don't know if you want to count that. I live with my son, who doesn't know about Vikki and is not a CDer. But, I'm retired(at least for now) and he works, so I have a lot of time to play during the day. I'm dressed right now in a VERY short skirt and sexy top, I look and feel like a.....you know what! Trying to decide whether to wear this out to the club this weekend.
There's really no pat answer to your question, as I'm sure you'll see from the replys. The amout of time varies with desire and circumstances. One thing is pretty well established, the desire may build and fade, but never goes away.

Vikki

stormrider
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I have very few male undies. I almost always wear panties and pantyhose (and sometimes a bra) under my work clothes. Often I will wear one of my tops under a sweater, shirt, or vest, depending on my work for the day. When I get home I will either dress up nicely in my preferred atire or just throw a top and sweater on for the evening. At bedtime, I will either put on a nightie or just wear a bra and panties to bed.
Michelle

Jennifer_G_2
04-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey Sobe, what a wonderful woman you are in not only understanding, but willing to actually learn more about your man being a CD.

I go fully dressed (with make-up)as often as I can, but still haven't came out to friends and family about being a CD. I dress about every other night a few hours before I go to bed, and sometimes sleep dressed. I have a roomate so I can't go around the house dressed when he is here.

I think many CD's who have had to supress it may say "every chance they get", like myself hehe. I think with your open relationship and communication, although his dressing may progress somewhat, will level out at a certain, comfortable point for the both of you.

Talk about it with him, come to a compromise.

Hope that helps,

Jen

JamieTV
04-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Sobe - I try to dress on weekends and always have something fem on during the week, panties, stockings and especially heels.

Jamie

AllyM
04-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Sobe, answers may differ depending upon how you define "Dress". For example, I personally have no interest in fully dressing or wear makeup so I never do. However, I do wear opague knee hi's everyday, pantyhose during the cold weather. and a bra almost daily when I am in the privacy of my home. If it was socially acceptable, I would wear a bra almost daily. So, why do I wear what I do? I guess it is because I find them to be comfortable.

paulaN
04-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I wear panties every day. But I only get to really dress to the nines a couple times a year. That is not enough by the way. I am working on getting more dress time. And this fall my son should be going to collage, that should increase my dress time a lot. It will also make my wallet a lot lighter so we shall see.

krisla
04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Sobe

I am married and I dress 2 to 5 days per month, so from a percentage point of view, anywhere from 5 to 15%. But most of the time this in only a part of the day. My wife is accepting but not involved.

Hope this helps it is nice that you are trying to understand

Krisla

shericd7
04-12-2007, 07:38 PM
As for me I dress about 50% of the time..I work construction so its women jeans and panties,but when I get home and shower I dress as most women do someting comfortable and relaxing...Then the weekend going out I'm dressed to have a good time out clubing.

Kelsy
04-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi Sobe,

I dress everyday head to toe and I underdress at work always!

Jennifer:D

Tammietoo
04-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I dress a couple of times a month, sometimes a little less or more. Good luck with your relationship, it's really cool you are on the forum. :thumbsup:

(Just FYI, My wife knows and tolerates my dressing but doesn't want to participate)

kerrianna
04-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Sobe. When I'm alone, which is never except during these weeks that Carol's been in town for treatments, I'm pretty much en femme all the time. But normally it's been pretty rare because my life doesn't accomodate it and I feel a bit weird being dressed in front of Carol. I don't want her to be worrying about me right now. Last weekend for one day I did wear what I have been wearing while she was gone, and she was okay with that. I'm hoping that it will be a normal thing eventually for me to be dressed more femininely at home. I think we'll need to talk about that so I can see how she feels. But first she has to get well.

Everyday pretty much I do wear something underneath my regular clothes. It keeps me in touch with that part of me that I love so deeply. :happy:

KarenSusan
04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I spend about 3 hours a day not dressed, so I guess that comes out to about 87% of the time dressed.

Welcome to the forum, Sobe.

JC
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
6 nights per week, i sleep in a gown. panties 24*7. a skirt 5 nights per week, approx. the skirts are ankle length. never make up or a wig.

Rachel Morley
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
If "dressing" is defined as fully en femme, then nowhere near as much as you might think. :sad:

I dress in girly clothes (for a guy) all the time I am not at work (sometimes more girly than at other times) and I always "underdress" no matter what, but for the "full on experience" only about 4 times a month. I didn't say once a week because sometimes it's a couple of times a week other times I might go two weeks without being en femme. Now that my wife's son is around all the time (he lives with us) I only fully dress when we go out. :sad:

Lisa Renee
04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
I live alone so. Unless I am at work I am dressed, so out of a 24 hour day I am dressed, including sleeping 15 hours a day and all weekend. I do all my shopping, and anything else in the evening and weekends enfemme.

marie354
04-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Years ago, it was only when I got a chance. I told my SO on the third date and she accepted it, but didn't want to see it.

Since last November she has allowed me to dress anyway anytime, soooo..... I dress daily.

I haven't been out of the house yet... Well not so that others can see me anyway. There's a lot more I have to work out yet. Soon, maybe.

Different strokes for different folks.

:hugs:

sissyslavejamie
04-12-2007, 09:51 PM
i wear panties and camisole everyday. i have been fully dressed occasionally on weekends. It hard to put a percentage to it right now but seems to be increasing. my Mistress Wife loves finding things for me to wear. Who knows where it will go :)

sissy slave jamie

charlie-50
04-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Im in sumthin fem at least 6 days out of week at some point of the day (mostly at night):heehee: cp.

trannie T
04-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I wear some item of femme clothing most every day. I only get fully dressed and do makeup when I'm going out which happens about once a month.

Sweet Susan
04-13-2007, 12:10 AM
I would dress up everyday if I could, but I can't, so I don't. It does come in spurts, though. Sometimes I am ate up with it. Other times, I am not. Sometimes when I plan on a weekend of it, I don't find the time, or I don't feel like it. It's weird. I'd just like to have the freedom to do it whenever and if ever I felt like it. It just isn't the way it is.

deniedtoo
04-13-2007, 12:14 AM
After reading all the posts here, I think it is really safe to say that it truly is "person-dependent". I don't want to speak for anyone else, but when we dress, I think it is to fill a desire to come back into balance. Each person has a different balance point.

I am married, but have been living away from my wife for over a year now (home once a month for a weekend) due to a combination of work and personal circumstances. It has only been during that year apart, that I started to really dress en femme.

For me, now, when I dress, I want to do my best to look "passable". It's probably the perfectionist and the CD sides combining. That being said, I have the freedom to dress when I want to, and I will dress daily for a few days, and then not at all for over a month.

I have even been known to grow a mustache, beard or gotee in between dressings.

Denied.

jo10460
04-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Been doing this closet'ed for 30 yrs ...wife just moved out .....gettign a divorce....so now I am free to dress every night and sleep in nightgowns....I miss her but not the fighting and what she thought of me doing this....but I love the freedom now to dress and feel sexy

Jo

deniedtoo
04-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Been doing this closet'ed for 30 yrs ...wife just moved out .....gettign a divorce....so now I am free to dress every night and sleep in nightgowns....I miss her but not the fighting and what she thought of me doing this....but I love the freedom now to dress and feel sexy

Jo

Wow Barns, sorry to here about the divorce, but also glad that you are now able to explore and get to know yourself without the criticism. :hugs:

Denied

Suzie S.
04-13-2007, 04:40 AM
For me it's almost every day for a few hours. On the weekend maybe a half a day. I only put on makeup on the weekends, when I have more time. :happy:

Lisa Golightly
04-13-2007, 04:54 AM
I only have a female wardrobe, but I'm a rarity so don't panic.

From my years around other CD's I think the general pattern is that on becoming known there is a general acceleration in dressing which the majority eventually tire of and become once more occasional dressers.

With TS's of course it's a bit different... More of a vindication of the soul and expression of truth etc... :)

So, expect a phase known by most as 'gender euphoria' which is a bit like a kid in Toys R Us... followed by a general 'this girl everyday malarky is too much like hard work' viewpoint.

You just have to be honest in what is comfortable to you... It saves heartache in the long run.

Marcie Sexton
04-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Do to constraints in my life, aka Work, I only get to dress duringmy days off.
It is something that my wife and I look forward to. It gives her the chance to make me up and try new looks...

although I must confess I would dress 24/7 if given the chance...

AliceHardy
04-13-2007, 06:32 AM
GG here. I was just wondering how often everyone is dressed as a woman here. I just want to learn more about this so I know a bit of what to expect from my CD guy.

Just judging by posts on here, it seems like most of you are dresses en femme nearly constantly. Is that what usually happens? I know eveyone's different, but there are trends in this kind of thing.

Basically, it would be helpful if you told me percentages, like the percentage of time that you are crossed.

Thanks!

Sobe
I am new to this site, but not new to crossdressing. Every day after bathing, I select my clothes from a wide range of lingerie, skirts, blouses and shoes. I may change during the day, but will be xdressed until I undress to retire for the night.

erickka
04-13-2007, 06:46 AM
For me, my wife knows, doesn't approve, so I dress for my 1 hour commute to work, then stay dressed (no makeup, though) for about 1 hour before anyone else shows up at work. 5 days a week, 2+ hours a day... not quite enough for me, since I feel most comfortable in women's clothes and nice high heels.

AliceHardy
04-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Personally, I don't see much in just wearing panties under male clothes. I dress fully cd every day. Always wearing brassiere, suspenders, panties/knickers, stockings. Always topping with high heels and either blouse and skirt or dress or skirted suit. Never with trousers.