PDA

View Full Version : Losing my fear

Tina Dixon
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes I'm starting to lose my fear of shopping for female stuff, yes just before valentines day I went and bought my self a new bra and pantie set and a new skirt and yes it was hard to do, yesterday I stopped and bought two new packages of pantyhose with out blinking a eye, damn girls I know theres a few with this phobia but it can be beat:thumbsup:

Wendy me
04-12-2007, 05:13 PM
lol Tina girl .... proud your making steps on your way to shopping bliss... for a lot of girls it's a big deal to do as you have done .... and yet others just dive in and shop .... i am in that group... at one time i stressed abought any fem shopping.... now i just go enjoy my shopping .... hope you keep on making them steps .... hang in there it will get easyer.....

Jenna1561
04-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Tina, great job. I know it can be very unnerving. Enjoy your successes and shop, shop, shop - it helps the economy. :)

Jenna

Glenda58
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Great job Tina. I wish I had a little fear I spend way to much for cloths and buy too many things.

SherriePall
04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Congratulations, Tina. Now, be careful you don't get rubber dust on those nylons.

Raychel
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Great jod Tina. My wife kinda thru me into the fire today. She bought a pair of Capri pants yesterday and they were too small. She asked me to return them and get a larger size. I was a little hesitant I must say. But how could I refuse her. Guess what Raychel it is time to go shopping, not only with my wifes permission, but special orders. :hugs:

insearchofme
04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Tina

Since we live in the same area can you tell me what stores you shopped in? I'd really like to go to a CD friendly store when I go out.

Hugs,

Jodi Lynn
04-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Good for you Tina. The more you go shopping the easier it will get. Just today I went to Wal-mart for something else and of course I ended up in the ladies department. Picked up two new tops that were on sale. I use to be the same way as many girls are. Use to get butterflies whenever I would get near the ladies department or a ladies store. I have been shopping for myself for the past 6 years so it is really easy now. But just be careful as Glenda said so you don't spend too much money.

Fab Karen
04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
For the most part these days I have a "I don't care what others think" attitude, but still am uncomfortable looking at lingerie in big dept. stores full of people with the kiddies in tow around.

Tina Dixon
04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Tina

Since we live in the same area can you tell me what stores you shopped in? I'd really like to go to a CD friendly store when I go out.

Hugs,
Heck I went to Mejers and Sears, the big ones.

paulaN
04-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Fab karen said something that kinda hit home. big dept. stores full of people. That is when I have the hardest time shopping, I don't care, well not like I used too, but when the store is full I am more uncomfortable. It makes a big difference when I shop. So girls pick the right time such as early or late in the day. you will have much more fun trust me on this one.

Di
04-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Cool hon...so spill it what color was the skirt?:D

vbcdgrl
04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
10, 453 posts!!!! Wow, Tina, that's gotta be some kind of record! When you say you're loosing your fear, are you shopping en femme or drab? Recently, since the first of the year, I've made many shopping trips en femme. It's so relaxing, no fear. My most recent was just yesterday, to Burlington Coat Factory. The name is deceiving, 'cause they have a lot more than just coats. I was looking for a particular dress I saw in one of their TV ads. I found that dress, but, sadly, they were out of my size. I spent almost an hour in there looking at all the dresses. No one paid the slightest attention to me. Had I found a dress I liked in my size, I would have used the fitting room. But, since I didn't, I left empty handed. Still, it was great fun shopping.

Vikki

Joy Carter
04-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh Tina you had better watch out Hun. I just came across this new state code just handed down by the Michigan State Legislature.

Section 345.05 of Michigan Revised Code makes it unlawful for a male or one whom is of the male gender to.....

1 view, look at or surreptitiously attempt to look at women's
clothing.

2 touch or fondle or otherwise mishandle any article of women's
ware that is either displayed or offered for sale.

3 attempt to try on any women's ware either in a public dressing
room or,
subsection b, in any vehicle that is in view of the public or to
persons of ordinary sensibilities.

4 attempt to make an excuse or communicate false information or
statements that the offender is buying said article of women's ware
for ,a. a girlfriend. b, wife or significant other or c, one's mother.

Any attempt or actual gross violation of this section is a felony in
the first degree. Punishable by and up to five years in the women's
reformatory in Mid Michigan.

Diana West
04-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Congratulations.
Shopping becomes so much more fun after the phobia vanishes.

Wenda
04-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Step away from your Credit Card! I got to a point where I enjoyed the shopping more than the wearing! I never practice recreational shopping in guy mode. Footwear, for example: one pair each of: slip-ons, black oxfords, black western boots, tan boots, lace-up boots and a set of reeboks. The newest are 4 years, next newest are 7 years. All well-maintained.
Women's footwear: 4 thigh-highs, 4 calf high, one set of ankle boots, about 15 pairs of heels from 5" to 3" and another half dozen 'practical' shoes, four sandals and one set of runners. This is the same story with underwear, well, I have no male bras, actually, etc, etc. 'Tread' carefully, but, ENJOY!!" wenda.

Paula T
04-12-2007, 07:33 PM
in fact today after lunch with a few of my cronies I went to payless. I was wearing gals jeans with cowboy boots.:D (none of my buddies even noticed) I had on knee high nylons in the cowboy boots. So I went in to payless in drab (except for the jeans and nylons):D and tried on several pair of shoes:eek: They were having a buy one get one half price.:D So to make a long story short I walked out of there with three pair of new shoes for the grand total of 48.00:tongueout The SA was a young gal and she was very nice even added that she was taller than her boyfriend and couldn't wear one pair that I bought. (they weren't that high):2c: .There was an older black lady buying a couple pair of shoes in front of me while checking out and she asked me if I could wear heels like that:eek: I told her I could. She commented that most of the styles were for younger gals. Only bad part of this story is what will I buy when I go out shopping enfemme next time.:eek: Maybe a new skirt suit and I DO need a new pair of black slacks.:D

Stephenie S
04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Dear Insearchof,

I know it's hard to imagine from your present point of view, but the truth is hon, that ALL stores are CD friendly. Stores are in business to make money and they don't really care WHO spends it. They want to sell you stuff. Yes, you. YOU. Perverted, sick, twisted you. LOL! (Please don't take those remarks seriously.) Stores just want you to spend money in their place. The more money you spend, the better they like you. This is the PLAIN, UNVARNISHED, ABSOLUTE TRUTH. You will learn this eventually. It's just too bad that it takes most of us a LONG time to come to this realization. There is no store that is not CD friendly. Start piling clothing next to the register and you will find this out for yourself. SAs will fall all over themselves to help you. Go in drab if you want, or go dressed. It matters not. Use a bit of good taste whichever you decide. You want to look like you have a bit of money to spend. You wouldn't expect good service if you went dressed as a pimp, would you? So don't go dressed as a streetwalker either. You will, of course run into the occaisional SA who will look at you sideways, but that's true no matter what you look like. So just GO, dear. Have fun!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Kelsy
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey Tina,

I'm finding it easier with every shopping trip. Last visit to cvs I picked up some pink lipstick, a tube of phisicians brand concealer and two pair of pantyhose an SA asked me if I needed any help?? I said no I'm fine I found what I was looking for thanks...:happy:

Jennifer:thumbsup:

cindybarnes
04-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Tina,
Congrats on getting over your shopping stress !!
I was the same way for a long time, usualy so nervous that I would grab something that often didnt fit ! Now I take my time and realy shop the racks of clothes untill I find something I realy like. Since my closet is pretty full :) I may be getting more particular about what I do buy tho.
Still Im not as brave as some,, trying on things in changing rooms, but the stores are all so close that exchanging stuff if it doesnt fit is no big deal,, and that doesnt happen much anymore anyway.
I do like the self checkout at Walmart but dont mind dealing with live people either *S*

Cindy

joselyn318
04-13-2007, 07:46 AM
you go Tina!

I am slowly getting over my fear of shopping for Joselyn. I can walk into VS, penny's, sears, fredericks and look at the lingerie and clothes. I still have yet to get the courage try clothes on in the store. I was at frederick's in Dearborn, MI yesterday looking at panties and bras and was eye'ing a little cute chemise and a corset. The SA asked me if I needed help, I just chicken out and said I am just looking and went about my business. I think the next couple weeks I am going to go back and ask if I can try on that chemise and couple other sexy little things I was looking at.

Princess29
04-13-2007, 08:10 AM
I found it easier to do while overseas where nobody knows me but since I've been home, I've reverted back to my insecurities but am trying to work on it. I need to find the "I don't care what people think of me" attitude again

Phyliss
04-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Wenda said it best, Tina, "Step away from your credit card"

The "price" of no fear is a "well used credit card"

Since I've gotten some courage to shop as I want, where I want, and when I want. I've found that it can become expensive. I really didn't NEED the black leather pants in my avatar, but just because I was having such a good time trying them on and being able to shop without worry I just HAD to buy them.
Formula: no fear = no money.

Tina Dixon
04-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Wenda said it best, Tina, "Step away from your credit card"

The "price" of no fear is a "well used credit card"

Since I've gotten some courage to shop as I want, where I want, and when I want. I've found that it can become expensive. I really didn't NEED the black leather pants in my avatar, but just because I was having such a good time trying them on and being able to shop without worry I just HAD to buy them.
Formula: no fear = no money.Thats a hot look there girl and I'm not going out there and buying a bunch of stuff, but its nice to know when I do need some thing I don't freeze up as much, don't know how many times I just drove right by the store and never stoped, sad but true.

GypsyKaren
04-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Good for you Tina, maybe you can buy me something the next time you go shopping?

Karen

Paula T
04-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I forgot to add this 3 pairs of shoes and 3 different sizes. Different styles mean different sizes I guess:(

in fact today after lunch with a few of my cronies I went to payless. I was wearing gals jeans with cowboy boots.:D (none of my buddies even noticed) I had on knee high nylons in the cowboy boots. So I went in to payless in drab (except for the jeans and nylons):D and tried on several pair of shoes:eek: They were having a buy one get one half price.:D So to make a long story short I walked out of there with three pair of new shoes for the grand total of 48.00:tongueout The SA was a young gal and she was very nice even added that she was taller than her boyfriend and couldn't wear one pair that I bought. (they weren't that high):2c: .There was an older black lady buying a couple pair of shoes in front of me while checking out and she asked me if I could wear heels like that:eek: I told her I could. She commented that most of the styles were for younger gals. Only bad part of this story is what will I buy when I go out shopping enfemme next time.:eek: Maybe a new skirt suit and I DO need a new pair of black slacks.:D

stormrider
04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I have never had a problem shopping for women's clothing. The SA is usually good, some are even very chatty if the suspect it is for you. My biggest fear is the public. I am a shy person and have occasionally had someone say something that really embarrassed me. Most of my shopping is either on-line or out of the area.

Kerrie Sifton
04-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh Tina you had better watch out Hun. I just came across this new state code just handed down by the Michigan State Legislature.
Section 345.05 of Michigan Revised Code makes it unlawful for a male or one whom is of the male gender to.....

Joy you scared the stockings right off of me, however I've some suggestions

1 and 2 employ a SA to hold them for you, pretend you are blind and can only do things by brail
3. try them on in the elevator by yourself, or find people who have no sensibilities!
4. say its for your sister (this should be allowed) or your maiden aunt.

Otherwise see you in the reformatory dorms, I get the bunk with the satin sheets!
:D

siennacd
04-14-2007, 02:40 PM
as some of the ladies have said I don't pay much attention to other shoppers either. I think you kind of get used to shopping for yourself the more you do it and that makes it easier.

Sienna

Kristen Kelly
04-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Hey Tina,
I'm finding it easier with every shopping trip. Last visit to cvs I picked up some pink lipstick, a tube of phisicians brand concealer and two pair of pantyhose an SA asked me if I needed any help?? I said no I'm fine I found what I was looking for thanks...:happy:
Jennifer:thumbsup:

Hey Tina thats great, supprised not to have seen Karren here yet, Hockey and shopping for women's clothes has so much in common, ever tried to look throuh the bargain racks on an early morning opening at Koels, you get bumped and checked left and right, problem is the women fighting over the clothes I want are MY size and not as easy to push around either.
Jennifer I love the Physicians Circle Rx concealer, great for covering up those dark circle under the eyes even in drab, after being out dancing into the wee hours of the morning.

NatieBe
04-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi Y'all
Went today to Walmart and couldn't help looking at the sale items and found a nice pair of low rise jeans for $5.00... can you belive it!!! and they only had 1 size 8. I couldn't resist.. I didn't care if anyone was watching, I made a bee line for the dressing room to try them on. The gal there saw that they were womens jeans and really didn't bat an eye:tongueout . I put them on and they fit like a glove... I was in heaven.. I couldn't believe it and I walked over to the register and payed for them and the eyeliner,the pink thong...lol.. ok so I went over board a bit... I love shopping:heehee: Natie

Fab Karen
04-14-2007, 07:17 PM

1 view, look at or surreptitiously attempt to look at women's
clothing.

2 touch or fondle or otherwise mishandle any article of women's
ware that is either displayed or offered for sale.

3 attempt to try on any women's ware either in a public dressing
room or,
subsection b, in any vehicle that is in view of the public or to
persons of ordinary sensibilities.

4 attempt to make an excuse or communicate false information or
statements that the offender is buying said article of women's ware
for ,a. a girlfriend. b, wife or significant other or c, one's mother.

Any attempt or actual gross violation of this section is a felony in
the first degree. Punishable by and up to five years in the women's
reformatory in Mid Michigan.

Planning Michigan shopping spree. < reverse psychology > gee I hope no-one makes me their bitch in the women's prison< / reverse psycholgy >:D

Along4TheRide GG
04-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm an SO that is amazingly the same size as my CD. I'm all business suits and flannel shirts, and loathe to admit my Michelle is much more fashionable for "casual / going out attire" than I.

I'm having just as much fun and am far more fashionable than I used to be!

She also cornered the market on "the secret" to comfortably shopping for the girl things she desires while in drab....

...Step 1) Make a run for the tampons first...
...Step 2) Try to bring coupons and look confused....
...Step 3) Hell, get anything you want and you will be admired for your commitment and love for your OBVIOUS S/O....

---It gets easier and more enjoyable every time!

BY THE WAY..... I admire each and every one of you. It's never quite as obvious as you think it is..... OWN IT -- OTHERS WILL BELIEVE YOU!

trannie T
04-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I remember how scared I was the first time I went panty shopping. I was sooo embarrased and terrified of the possibility that someone would think that they were for me. Now it is fun shopping, I still get a bit of a thrill and have no problem admitting that the clothes are for me.

charlie-50
04-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I know the longer i do it the e zer it gits. i remember a few times at the check out counter id lay my stuff out and the person would say are you shure you dont need pantyhose or a belt or whatever with that and i look up and say no she,s got that already. i wait for the day when i can say No ive got plenty of those thank you very much ill know im there then.cp

veronicag48
04-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Ya know what's really wierd. For many years I used to shop for girlfriends and wifes and sisters and my mom for special occasions and didn't think anything about it and even got help in picking out clothes for them.(no lingerie except for my wives). But since I've really gotten into full blown dressing, it hits me duhhh what's the difference and whose gonna know or care. Most important is know your size so you can get in and get. But if it doesn't fit or or you don't like it, is always exchangeable

charlie-50
04-14-2007, 11:03 PM
true that i realy dont care about what any body thinks its more about being true to my self cp.

Barb Valentine
04-15-2007, 03:02 AM
Good for you Tina
Next thing you'll be doing is holding up a
Dress and asking the SA "Do you think I'd look good in this"

Sam-antha
04-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Barb, for a thrill, wait till you go shopping in drab, and when you are standing looking through the dress rail and an assistant arrives behind you, quietly, and says thatwould look good....

Tina, it is difficult, congrats. As you progress it becomes more difficult (to stop).
For myself I found, much later than when I started, that it was very difficult to go and browse in those wee, possibly expensive boutiques for the young. Just going in the door was hard, let alone smiling at a SA.
So you see there are still many more exciting places to go shopping in.... including that place that has just opened in London's Saville Row where they employ half naked men in the women's section...I forget the name of the shop... it is american with a double barrelled name.
Now it is fun just going in. (But I do wish I could wear some of the items on display in those shops....

Happy shoppng
~Samm

Audra Sinclair
04-15-2007, 09:24 AM
In drab I walked into a woman's clothing store in the mall....found a dress I really like...The SA walked towards me and said, "do you want to try it on?"
My stomache tired into knots and my palms started sweating. I don't know where I found the courage but I responded, "as a matter of fact I would."

The SA said she was only kidding and I told her I was not. She became the most helpful SA I have seen. She took me to the dressing room and started bringing me clothes she thought I might like. It seemd like I tried on everything in the store. I don't know how long I was there. Good move on her part. I spent a lot of money that day but it did not seem like she was just trying to get a sale, she just seemed really helpful and understanding.

Needless to say I was a repeat customer both as a male and en femme.

I have become more comforable shopping from that day on.:happy:

Sam-antha
04-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Ooh Audra !!! Big Ooh.
Congrats both, you and Tina are eligible for the Blue Bikini Club Member-ship
Foundering member ~Samm

Caroline Simmons
04-15-2007, 10:29 AM
So you see there are still many more exciting places to go shopping in.... including that place that has just opened in London's Saville Row where they employ half naked men in the women's section...I forget the name of the shop... it is american with a double barrelled name.

Happy shoppng
~Samm

Abercrombie & Fitch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=447183&in_page_id=1879

Caroline

Sam-antha
04-15-2007, 03:26 PM
atta girl
Fiver hours in and no one from their home country has mentioned them... do they not know what they have tucked away in their cities that it needs a Scottish and a Yorkshire lass to tell ?
~S~

Ruth
04-15-2007, 04:24 PM
As I think Stephanie said a while back in the thread, shops are about selling things so as long as your money is good, they are not going to make it difficult for you. Up to a couple of years ago I had this irrational fear of going into a shop and buying women's clothes, but then the light bulb turned on in my head as it were... and this is when my dressing really took off. For a long while I bought stuff while dressed in man's clothes, until finally I went out shopping en femme last week. Actually the experience is not that different... but I suppose I felt able to spend a lot more time looking at the panties... It's still fun whichever way out you do it!