PDA

View Full Version : First time getting waxed....

Phoebe Reece
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
This weekend is our local Tri-Ess Chapter’s monthly meeting and we are having a special dance function on Saturday night. I plan to wear a dress that has a bit of my back exposed. The hair on my back is comparable to that of a Yeti in the winter, so I needed to do something about that. Usually, I just get my wife to shave it off with an electric razor. Today I decided to do something different and went (dressed drab) to a small salon near where I live to get my back and shoulders waxed. In all my years of crossdressing, I had never tried waxing. I’m not sure I’ll be in a hurry to do it again….

It was around 3:00 in the afternoon and the salon was not busy. After inquiring about the price (which was $ 50), a friendly female technician had me go into one of the rooms in the back of the salon, take off my shirt and lay face down on the table (more of a bed really).

She started off by putting some liquid on my back and smoothing it around. Very pleasant, so far…. Then, she started to smear some hot (not warm, but hot) wax on one area of my back. It didn’t burn, but the temperature was a little uncomfortable. Just when the wax temperature on my back was no longer uncomfortable, she pressed a cloth into it, and rrripppp….. Holy *@#&! That area of my back was on fire! I tensed and gripped the edge of the table so hard I thought I was going to tear it up. The girl asked me if I was alright. Like a typical guy, I said “Yeah. This is my first time having this done. It’s just a little rougher than I expected.” After a few more rips, she got a floor fan to blow some cool air over my back to try and make me a little more comfortable. She also got another girl in there to rub my back a bit to ease the pain. And so it went for another 10 or 15 minutes.

The girls then had me sit upright to do my shoulders. That went pretty much like the main part of my back, except a lot quicker. They then put a cool wet towel on my back, which made it feel much better all over. Just when I thought it was all over, the two of them started going over my back and shoulders with tweezers to get what the wax had missed. After the waxing, that wasn’t too bad (felt like just a lot of little pin pricks), except that it took awhile. They finally declared my back and shoulders to be hair free, gave my tense shoulders a massage, and smoothed on a very pleasant feeling liquid all over the now smooth areas.

When I put my shirt on, the pain was gone and my back and shoulders were baby bottom smooth. The whole process had taken around 45 minutes. It seemed like 45 hours. I’m just glad I didn’t try a Brazilian for my first experience with waxing.

Deborah_UK
04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
It gets easier - I promise!!

Don't let you hair get too long though - if you have it redone every 6-7 weeks (depending on regrowth) it does become easier. After a while there are areas that don't regrow as well, and the hair does become weaker and not as coarse.

So stick with it - no-one said being a girl was easy!! :D

Laurie909
04-13-2007, 01:00 AM
The woman that used to do my waxing said I that I looked like I was falling asleep a few times when laying down on the waxing table. Think about it? If it was all that painful, could I have fallen asleep? NO

AllieSF
04-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Way to go!! I don't think I could do that. I am lucky too with light body hair with most of it on my legs and arms. Who says men are stronger after what you experienced??

Wenda
04-13-2007, 07:21 AM
I have been shaving legs, chest etc for three years. I let my chest grow out in order to have an effectve waxing. It was not comortable, but worse, it was not effective. I had hundreds of little red spots that looked like ingrown hairs that tooks days to receed. My GF was looking forward to the baby-bum smooth, which did not happen. I may not have let it grow out sufficiently.
I have used the do-it-yourself wax kits for legs and bikini line, with mixed results. Like the others have said, though, if you are hsppy with the results, stick with it. $10 a week is a reasonalbe investment if the results are good.

Phyliss
04-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Waxing.....one of my favorite subjects. I get a "wax job" every 7 weeks. Now with the first time, the "waxologist gal" had told me to allow the hair to grow out to around 1/2 inch long for best results. I must admit that it was a bit "uncomfortable" :eek: my first time, however to lessen the "discomfort" she had told me to take 2 Motrin about an hour before my appointment. Yes I did get the "red BBs" for a day. I've been going to her for almost two years now, and the feeling is now no more than removing a band-aid. As for the red BBs they last only about three hours now. You have to remember that ripping out the hair by the roots is a bit traumatic to your skin, no matter how good the Tech is.
Waxing isn't for everybody, some people who try it will NEVER go back, others will only get particular parts waxed, still others won't ever try it. For me I get a full body wax every 7 weeks and truely enjoy the final results. The fact that the tech is kinda cute helps a bit also, :heehee:

veronicag48
04-13-2007, 01:55 PM
My wife was out of town so I decided to have my back waxed. I too have a pretty healthy pelt. Anyway, the little oriental girl at the salon was wonderful in performing her job of removing the hair, but the pain during the process was not worth the gain. And it never really did completely go away even after a few days and the discomfort of the hair growing back was not worth the effort or the money,$45. From now on I use a hair remover on my back just like I do the rest of my body. My skin is smoother and does not grow as fast.

Maria2004
04-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Only $50 for 2 women laying you down on a table and inflicting pain and pleasure for 45 minutes sounds like a bargin to me, but there's nothing equal to Flying Down To Rio for the ultimate experience :heehee: As cross dressers our shoulders often bear burdens above ordinary men, if they can be smooth and hairless too, why not!

It was great seeing you again at the party, congrats on winning "Queen of the Mardi Gras" (big round of applause), I had a blast and am still on cloud nine.

Peace

Love :hugs:

Maria

Kandi
04-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow Phoebe!
Now I know why you won the prize. You go girl!
Having done it twice I can tell you it does get easier. Still not something I'd do every seven weeks but for a special occasion its kind of fun. For me half the fun is in the preperation and transformation. Wont be happening for me again till deer season. I just need to learn to have fun while being hairy. I guess I'll find out at twinkledome. Hope to see you there.

Phoebe Reece
04-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks to everyone for their support and kind comments. Since it helped me become a "prom queen" for the first time, I guess it was worth it. I do like the smooth feel (as opposed to the ripped off skin feel). Chances are, I'll do it again some day. I think I'll have a pitcher of margaritas for lunch before doing it though....

insearchofme
04-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I just got back from my 3 rd chest,arm, underarm waxing. It really does get easier and easier the more you have it done. hang in there !!!

Kandi
04-17-2007, 08:59 PM
The margerittas will definatly help!!