PDA

View Full Version : Get over it!

Kelsy
04-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't know if this post belongs in the clothing department or not but I'm sure I'll find out it falls under the dreaded "moved label"!:D Talkin with my SO and she told me there are just somethings that us gUrls will never get. The subget came up when we were discussing handbags and purses. My question to her was this - Do gg's have a special knob on their shoulder that keeps the strap from slipping off??? I was thinking of sewing vecro on my shoulders and on the strap to keep it in place:heehee: She says it is one of those gg secrets that I will never get!! So get over it! What other secrets are there :D

Jennifer:eek:

vbcdgrl
04-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I think I found the secret, JK. Just put so much stuff in there that the strap(s) create a groove in your shoulder.

Vikki

Joyce1702
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
It usually depends on what I'm wearing as to how much trouble I have keeping my should bag where it belongs. Last Saturday, the coat I was wearing was great, the purse stayed put the whole time I was in the store and I didn't have to keep a hand on the strap.

But, I think it really has to do with our shapes vs. GGs. They are wider in the hip and narrow in the shoulders which I think helps keep the bag in place, where our wider shoulders and narrow hips are more prone to creating the dreaded strap slip.

Joyce

GACountrygal
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
couldnt tell ya, my purse doesnt stay on my shoulder at all. velcro or duct tape lol
Nic

Holly
04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Sorry Jennifer... I just couldn't resist the temptation... Mawhahahahahaha!

Holly
The Phantom Threadmover

Kelsy
04-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Holly!!

You're a bad girl:heehee: That sure suprised me! I see you have your hands on the controls - Well God bless you , this can be an urnuly bunch!!:D

Jennifer:hugs:

bridget thronton
04-12-2007, 10:51 PM
A trick I learned by observing my wife, is that putting the shoulder strap on top of your coat's lapel does a pretty good job of keeping it on the should.

Phoebe Reece
04-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I think Vikki has at least part of the answer. I don't have trouble with my purse slipping off my shoulder and I think it is at least partly due to the wallet, makeup, spare pantyhose, digital camera, cell phone, flashlight, swiss army knife, spare change, and other junk I carry with me. Another part of the trick is to position the strap on your shoulder just to the inside of your bra strap (and having a thick bra strap helps). Finally, like so many things in the femme world - practice helps more than anything.

Bridget Fitzgerald
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Tense one shoulder scarcely upward. Its subtle but works,

marie354
04-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Have you ever noticed the weight? By the time you get everything that you need to carry with you on a daily basis, it weighs a ton!

Why does your's fall off? What's in it? Just your makeup?

Mine has everything... Makeup, extra jewelry, phone, camera, ID, money, change, keys, brush, comb, extra nail polish, pens, a notebook, diary, shopping list, wet wipes, Kleenex, eye-glasses & cleaning kit, Gameboy with a couple of games... The list goes on...

Now if it was a formal occasion... It would only be the basics... Touch-up makeup, keys, phone, money, ID................
:hugs:

trannie T
04-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Purse straps slip,
Bra straps slip,
Slip straps slip.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

cocopuff's girl GG
04-13-2007, 12:16 AM
:idontknow: I don't know of any special secret. :gh: If anyone finds out let me know. I just love handbags and have several and they all fall off the shoulder from time to time no matter the weight or cost. Keep me informed if you talk her out of her secret.... lol

sterling12
04-13-2007, 02:08 AM
I propose an experiment. Go to Walmart or The Dollar Store or wherever you can get one of those plastic protractors that you used when you were a kid in school.

Take an angle measurement using an imaginary diagonal line from the "point of your shoulder and about an inch or two down the diagonal. If your following this at all, your probably smart enough to take a look at the shoulder slope and measure the angle, of your good lady and then yourself.

I will hypothesize that you will find that generally a male's shoulders slope at a much steeper angle. And thusly, womens shoulders are far flatter. Ergo, IT"S A LOT EASIER FOR THEM TO KEEP THE F*(&^_**)g PURSE ON THEIR SHOULDERS.

A little science is a wondrous, and dangerous thing! And I probably shouldn't be allowed to gamble about the playgrounds of imagination.

Peace and Love, Joanie

noname
04-13-2007, 02:46 AM
I never had any problem. You can always get a bag with a long strap that goes across your body like the messenger bags. I for one would love a messenger bag, too bad they make them so freeking huge.

Kate Simmons
04-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Oh come on , Jenn. They have to have some "secrets". If they tell us everyting, what do we need them for? Actually, there IS no secret and it's just one on those "girl" things they are used to. Like anything else, everyone has their own unique solution. Either that or they just don't think about it or worry about it. BTW, mine slides off as well but it's probably due to the fact that I carry a ton of stuff in there. I just figure it's the nature of the "beast".:happy: Sal

Fab Karen
04-13-2007, 04:16 AM
She was messing with your head.
I only occasionally hang it on my right shoulder, usually the secure way, left shoulder & across the body ( around the head ).

Brianna Lovely
04-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Nine out of ten times, my purse stays in place. The only time I lose it is if I bend too far to the left.

By the way, I used to think that my wife carried a brick in her purse, it was so heavy giggle.

I was just reading something, I think it was in Glamore Mag. where modern woman love jeans, becuse they can carry a small billfold and their keys, so the don't need a purse. Hmm is this why I see so many purses on sale?

Emily Ann Brown
04-13-2007, 07:49 AM
I hook my left thumb around the strap and relax my arm ... works for me.

The real GG secret is to make your fellow carry the darned thing while you are looking at stuff and need two hands. GIGGLE GIGGLE

Emily Ann

Staci G
04-13-2007, 08:54 AM
I have an ameribag they are made ergonomicly* correct mine never slides it has a material on the inside of the strap that kinda grips what ever i am wearing. also i can strap it across my shoulder like a messenger bag and it does not pull ot all on me no matter what all i have in it. That is the only thing fem my wife will allow.. Go figure??:confused2:

stormrider
04-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I can't tell you girl, I have trouble keeping my bra straps on my shoulders.

JoAnnDallas
04-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't seem to have a lot of problems with purse straps, or bra/slip straps. I have noticed that I do need a little weight in my purse. Also found that if I rest my right hand on the top of the purse that the strap seems to stay in place better. Funny thing is I have this one bra that no matter what I do to the straps, the darn things keep falling off my sholders. All the other bras and slips, once I adjusted the straps, they stay put.

Diana West
04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I couldn't tell you how happy you made me when I read this post.
I thought it was just me and I was doing something wrong.

So now I'll experiment to find a solution. Where's my pnuematic nail gun?

Kate Simmons
04-13-2007, 02:33 PM
As Maxwell Smart would say:"Oh, the old purse strap slipping off the shoulder trick...second time this month!":rolleyes: :heehee:

SherriePall
04-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Jennifer -- FabKaren beat me to this answer: I, too, think your wife made this "trick" thing up to mess with your mind. She has to get some fun out of your crossdressing, too.

Trisha
04-13-2007, 03:30 PM
i guess i musty have stolen the secret then my hand bag never falls off :D but then im just all girl at hart

kassandra richard
04-13-2007, 04:34 PM
No problems here, but I'm used to carrying a laptop bag or heavy messenger-style bag. Hook my arm through and hold on to the strap. I also watched a woman carrying her purse in the crook of her arm while walking the mall one day. Tried it too, but it seemed weird to me.