PDA

View Full Version : shy?

JC
04-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Do you ever become shy or really aware that you are a dressed male as you are getting dressed and your SO sees you? an example - as you are partially dressed - and she walks sees you in your bra and slip, do you become "embareased?" or when she looks at that new blouse for the first tim- do you feel a bit "fearfull"?

or is this lack of confidence still?

i never feel this way dressed in the old favorities or whne finished dressing..

just me?

jc

Karren H
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Not me!!! Outgoing no matter what I wear.....

Karren

Daintre
04-14-2007, 10:53 AM
JC, like you I get totally embarrassed when being seen partially dressed. One of the few times I went out, a very close lady friend offered her help, well I thought YES why not, but I got so choked, she saw me when the dressing was done and the embarrassment was not there...strange

Angie G
04-14-2007, 11:19 AM
No I don't my wife os cool about it all :hugs:
Angie

Michelle 51
04-14-2007, 11:59 AM
J C I've just started wearing skirt's in front of my wife a week ago and i feel very shy almost to the point of thinking is it worth it. I find it hard compared to the closet.I think it's so much safer there that maybe i should stay there instead of going farther. Justabit

stormrider
04-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't dress completely except in my own home and I am not married. I have had those feelings though when I know that someone has noticed that I am wearing a ladies top or my pantyhose shows.

Stephenie S
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I think this is normal GG behavior. My wife will close the shade even when there is NO chance of anyone seeing in the window. Very few girls want you to watch them getting dressed. It's probably learned behavior taught while growing up. I don't think you are acting strange at all.

Lovies,
Steph

Rikkicn
04-14-2007, 04:46 PM
It took me a long, long while to get over being embarrassed when seen in front of my wife.
I wrote a post called..why I lie to my wife. That explains my thinking.

Lilith Moon
04-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Hmm...I don't even like to see myself half-dressed but that is a bit different. I don't care for the half-male half-female look and it is a relief during dressing when the image in the mirror is reasonably femme.

Paula T
04-15-2007, 12:07 AM
I just like to be left alone while I am dressing and putting on make up but sometime that is almost impossible. Most of my clothes are in the bedroom where my watches tv most of the time.:o

Hmm...I don't even like to see myself half-dressed but that is a bit different. I don't care for the half-male half-female look and it is a relief during dressing when the image in the mirror is reasonably femme.

Leah B
04-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Makes sense. When I'm half-dressed, I'm in a state where I have to confront my masculinity and femininity at the same time, and I've spent a lifetime keeping them seperate. Few men ever have to confront their femininity like we do, and it's not easy to kill the feeling that we're violating a boundary. It doesn't help that most other people agree with this feeling. Self-validation is hard to achieve without acceptance.

crusadergirl
04-15-2007, 01:33 AM
I go through the same feeling i don't want anybody to see me getting dressed. At first i didn't like showing anybody what i looked like in person. Now that fear has gone alway.

AliceHardy
04-15-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm never shy when dressing - in fact that can be the best part. Choosing what to wear, trying various combinations in front of a full length mirror. Nor I am shy about being watched as my wife sometimes does watch me get dressed and sometimes gives advice on what goes with what, lingerie and outer clothes.

She says she likes to look at my legs and my bottom in stockings and panties.

I can't show dressing here as there is a ban on showing certain things on this site. But, I hope a legs (back and front) photo will be ok.

Nicole
04-15-2007, 03:59 AM
I used to be shy all the time, but CD'ing is giving me a new level of confidence that is spilling over into my manly side too. Not much embarrassment to be found here!

Suzie S.
04-15-2007, 05:14 AM
My wife has always known about my cding. She sees me dressed quite often, but it does feel wierd to put my bra, panties and hose on in front of her. Even when I'm completely dressed it still feels a bit awkward.

JC
04-15-2007, 07:25 AM
i appreciate the replies. it is good to know that i am not the only one with the thoughts of not being comfortable being seen as i am dressing.

i am comfortable with her seeing me with just panties as this is almost everyday.

it is the bra, hose, slip, etc. as someone wrote, it is as if i have not made the full conversion from male to female in my mind???

again thanks
jc

cindylakes
04-15-2007, 07:44 AM
I have often felt that way but I don't know if itwas just embarassment or if I don't the exact level of acceptance my wife has. I think this varies and it can be difficult to judge even though "we" are supposed to be more in tune with our spouces emotions.

Sheri 4242
04-15-2007, 07:53 AM
I think this is normal GG behavior. My wife will close the shade even when there is NO chance of anyone seeing in the window. Very few girls want you to watch them getting dressed. It's probably learned behavior taught while growing up.

About every GG I've ever known closes the shades when dressing, but as far as dressing in front of me, my wife has no problem with that, and I have no problem dressing in front of my wife -- it is a daily thing for both of us. I wear panties all the time and don't even own any male underwear -- this has been the case for nearly ten years. {Correction: my wife was just looking over my shoulder and reminded me of the one pair of male briefs I bought for when I go to the doctor. She's right -- I do own them, but (ahem - *giggle* - blush) I've worn panties when going to see the doctor for at least five years now. I usually wear rather bland panties when going to the doctor -- just simple white or black bikinis -- no pinks or fancy lace. Last time, I had to go and get a shot in the rear, so I grabbed what I thought was a pair of non-discript black cotton bikinis. The nurse gave me the shot with absolutely no comment. Latter in the day I realized that the pair I had put on were the kind that had "Victorias Secret" written around and around the band -- so much for being non-discript (lol)! Oh well, I am way past the point of really caring in some senses.}

I wear female clothing to bed every night -- and usually dress for bed in front of my wife. It doesn't bother me or her -- and she wears a man's t-shirt to bed most nights and puts it on in front of me -- again with no problem either way.

I guess the only time I don't want to get caught half-dressed is when I want to suprise my wife with a special outfit.

Michelia
04-15-2007, 08:06 AM
JC

My wife and I are very close. We do so many things together that require a lot of trust and openess. I am rarely shy about anything around her.

But she enjoys pushing my envelope and trying new things. So there are still those moments when she "makes" me try something on or I am trying something new and I get shy. This happens more if what I am trying on is not quite working or if I feel self conscious about my mannerisms.

Michelia

Tamera
04-16-2007, 05:27 AM
When I am getting dressed, I like privacy. If I am going to a meeting I always go dressed in FEM even though they may have changing rooms. I feel its all about getting out in the public, so why get dressed when you arrive. I know that some may not feel this way and getting dressed at the location is easier for them.

As for being in the same room when my wife would get dressed. I could stay in the room but because a male can get dressed in 1/4 the time a female can I choose to spend the other 3/4 watching TV or doing somethin else.

LOL
Tamera

Jocelyn Quivers
04-16-2007, 07:09 AM
No, I feel completely normal when fully en-femme or even partialy just wearing bra and panties in front of my wife. Now being seen by anyone else I would be terrified. Jocelyn

sami1952
04-16-2007, 07:19 AM
At first when my SO walked on me i used to get really shy,but not no more,i have gotten used to her seeing me get dress.

Wendrme
04-16-2007, 07:28 AM
I love having my wife help me dress.The feel of having her hook my bra in wonderful. Also allowing her to zip up my dress in the back creates a bond between us. And I adore having the salesgirl helping me when I buy clothes. There is no shyness on my part standing there in the dressing room in bra and panties as she brings me a different blouse to try on.

Lisa Golightly
04-16-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm far too burlesque to be bashful... :)

Wendy me
04-16-2007, 08:38 AM
not relay in to sharing my dressing my fem side .... been a me thing for as long as i been dressing .... no one ever was involved ... my wife knows but is unsupported ... could i be more open ?? who knows ???? i don't think you could say that i am a shy person in ether mode .... but when i am getting into my Wendy mode i think privacy is what i want.....,.guess i am shy .....

MsEva
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Yes, I do. I would much prefer that my loving wife see me in the total dress mode. I do feel shy!

JC
04-16-2007, 07:24 PM
i come here to just find out if i am the only one... it is good to see that i am not hat different.

thanks
jc

SandyR
04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
When I get dressed I like to work from the ground up....

Start with panties, then hose, Bra, skirt, top. Do makeup, then add hair. No problem, but I will admit, when removing hair and I see me with makeup on, kinda ah......"different".

Its all good!

Hugs.

SandyR

Dixie
04-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Doesn't bother me with my wife, she has seen me several times , the thought of some one else, now that's a different story

Cassy11
04-16-2007, 08:06 PM
I like privacy when getting dressed. Either male drab or fem, I just don't like to be seen until I'm ready and confident about my appearance.

Eva Diva
04-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Interesting question - I've thought about related matters. How many girls want to see their dates when they are in curlers? It's natural to want to control your presentation, especially when it involves as much of a transformation as we go through.

Which brings up a related subject. There's another thread around about fantasizing about guys when dressed. I confess to being attracted to the idea of being with another CDer, but the thought of waking up in the morning with a guy does nothing for me. It's all hypothetical - so far :D - but if I did something like that, I think I'd need for both of us to stay mostly dressed, to maintain the fantasy.

I think both concerns come from the same place - wanting to maintain the fantasy in the real world.

paulap
04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Yes, I am still a little self-conscious! While my wife is totally accepting, I am embarassed to be caught in the dreesing mode and moreso in the make-up mode.:heehee: