PDA

View Full Version : Another Small Victory for Phyliss

Phyliss
04-14-2007, 04:28 AM
About three weeks ago I was in one of my favorite lingerie stores and inquired about some "boy shorts" that I had purchased before. I was wondering if she would be getting any more of that same style. (www.injoyunders.com ) A really cute pair of panties in micro fiber, and some pretty colors.
When going to the site, you'll have to "brush up" on your "Brazilian" language skills, however if you look for the "in colors" box click there and look for the mini boxers which is what they call, what we refer to as "boy shorts.
Well, it seems that she had to order some more anyhow so she added my request to her order. Two days ago I got an email from her saying that the "boy shorts" had arrived. Had a few moments Friday so I stopped in the get them. "Few moments" ha, more like an hour and a half. Just can't walk in and walk out. Gotta check out the latest items and chat "girlie things" Irene is a sweetie. Anyway while we were talking, the subject of the different makers she carries came up and I mentioned that she didn't carry any Grenier, bras. She knows of the brand but hadn't ever seen one "up close" It turns out that I was wearing one, so I asked her if she wouldn't mind me showing her the one I was wearing. "Oh I'd love that, I've been wanting to see how they fit a real person." So headed off to the fitting room and took off my shirt. Let her know that I was ready and she stepped in to check.
I didn't feel one bit of embarrassment or shame, at standing there while she looked me over. I might as well have been showing off a new pair of "work boots" at a construction site. She sells bras and was interested in how it looked, so I showed her. No more No less. Now this isn't the first time I've been in a dressing room wearing my bra while "being checked out", I've been fitted before and this wasn't much different, in that aspect, however I was simply "showing off" my bra rather than buying one. I guess there is a small difference in that. A nice comment by Irene made my day, She had said while she was checking out the fit and features of the bra, "I can see why you wear a bra, you do have something there."

So why am I relating this story? Mostly for those ladies who are somewhat on the edge of "buying for themself", There is a whole world out there waiting for you to "spend money". lol Making that first "admission" is the most difficult part but after that life is so much better. I know just because I said it is, that doesn't lessen the initial fear. I know that all too well, "been there done that" Three years ago I could barely muster up the nerve to buy a bra in a dept store, doing the "shopping list thing" or the "grab and go" routine. Over time I got a bit better and with all of the support and encouragement from the members here I am finally able to "shop til I drop"

Thank you very much EVERYBODY.

Along4TheRide GG
04-14-2007, 04:51 AM
At the top of Mt. Everest, I mean. You must have quite the sense of accomplishment! I'm really happy for you!

My SO braved it out enough to get shoes (in person) a couple months ago, and we just had our first "Girls Night Out". Prior to that everything had been ordered on the internet.

I'm really glad that Michelle's confidence level just keeps increasing! Baby steps to shoe store.... baby steps to the bra store.....

We finally graduated from "Am I passable?" It's really nice to be comfortable in your own skin!

Shelly Preston
04-14-2007, 06:31 AM
Well done Phyllis

Its not every day you get to model your underwear:)

And you helping the sales assistant will ensure you get a first class service when you go back:D

RachelDenise
04-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Phyliss, you are wonderful! I wish I could model a bra or someone.

Phyliss
04-15-2007, 10:03 AM
It wasn't so much "modeling the bra to a sales assistant" as it was the ability to have a frank and open discussion of an intimate article of clothing, which I happened to be wearing, with the owner of the shop.
Accomplishment? Maybe, more like another step in the journey. Where is it going to lead me? I have no idea, so far it's been a nice ride.

Just becoming more comfortable each day, is well worth everything I've done so far.