PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else this way on wigs and breastforms??

Joanie
04-14-2007, 02:24 PM
I have crossdressed off and on for many years. I have difficulty though buying and wearing a wig and breast forms. Had a wig once as well as very cheap pair of forms but it just never seemed right for me. I have a full head of auburn hair that I grew up hearing women compliment me on, so maybe that is part of it, Beyond that, I don't know--makeup, skirts, blouses, goucho outfit all seem right but not the actual additions to my body.
Anyone else like this?

BTW, I don't dress and go out, only my wife knows about this so if I ever get a case of femmy wanderlust, I will need more hair and some breasts!

Carin
04-14-2007, 03:07 PM
I really don't like wigs. Tried one once - albeit a cheap one. Instead I grew my hair out. I love my own hair.

I do use padded bras or forms though. I wish I had somethng natural there to work with, but pancake city is it.

Joanne f
04-14-2007, 03:32 PM
I love the dressing up in cloths it makes me feel like it is the real me but as soon as i put on a wig i feel it is not me so i take it off ,
joanne f

veronicag48
04-14-2007, 03:33 PM
If you can grow your own hair, cultivate and nurture it. I myself have to rely on the wig doctor because I am hair impaired. As for breasts and the rest of it, its trial and error to a point until you get enough nerve to get a makeover. As you can see I haven't got that much nerve yet, but I did get breast forms and love em. :love:

Tina Dixon
04-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Being a cd all my life I thought it was just a fetish, but when I bought a wig and forms it was a lot more than that, there is a real female inside me and it helps me see her in a better light plus it make dress up time more fun all so.

SherriePall
04-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Love my wig! It just feels so natural on my head. When I go out I do have to add a little padding in my bra -- using enhancers purchased from VS. We have to do what we have to do when we go out in public.

Pamela75s
04-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't go out, but I had a wig at one time, and when I wore it I felt alot more complet. But I had a purge and everything was gone. I now have some very nice forms and I am looking into the purchase of a good wig, any recomendations?

jessie_cal
04-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I personally like wearing wigs but they feel like a heater was placed on my head. I don't think I could achieve a feminine hairstyle naturally since the only style I can achieve is an afro. :sad:
As for breastform, I just got a new pair and they feel great. I would wear them all the time if I could. My wife's happy because we have the same bra size.

ArleneRaquel
04-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Is a wonderful thing to have, especially if it is your own. The Sexiest Girls I know have Red/ Auburn Hair. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Raven Haired Beauty

AmberTG
04-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I would rather have my own hair but I am also "hair impaired". I don't have a good wig right now, I have an auburn wig from Fredericks right now, but I'm just not satisfied with it. The comment about putting a heater on your head, I can sure relate to that!
I have an inexpensive pair of foam forms from The Breastform Store that do ok for now, For years I stuffed my bras with old nylons, just not the same effect. The foam forms don't fit my chest quite right any more due to slight development, but I can't afford the good silicone forms, all my extra cash goes to electrolysis right now.

fwidman
04-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Wigs drive me nuts, but that's probably because I'm an old hippie with long hair. It just doesn't seem right to cover it up, although I would like to be able to style my natural hair in a more feminine way.
Breast forms just make me wish I had some real breasts. Being incredibly skinny, I don't think I'd be able to hide breasts though when I need to be outside as a man, which is every time I go out. I never go out as a female. I wish, sometimes, I could. I envy those who can get away with it :)

Teresa Amina
04-15-2007, 07:00 AM
I don't know--makeup, skirts, blouses, goucho outfit all seem right but not the actual additions to my body.

For me the Additions are what make the experience. Before wig, forms and Veronica it just wasn't quite "right" and I was always dissatisfied, longing for something more. Now I can look the way I want to :happy:

Joanie
04-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks for some very good answers, everyone here is always so kind. Nice to know there are some others here like me, I thought there were. After reading some of the positive posts on wigs and breastforms, I may warm back up on wearing these and have to make a purchase.

I did call and talk to a sales woman at a store in a nearby town about purchasing breastforms as there is a great store there that sells these as well as speciality bras. She is very agreeable to my coming in on a Saturday morning for a fitting. That was months ago when I talked to her, just can't decide if this is something I really want to do now.

Thanks again to all, good luck to all in the Northeast with the rough weather heading your way. Don't let the wind blow your skirt up!

Alex!
04-15-2007, 01:17 PM
My hair is naturally quite short, and that's the way I prefer it. I have to wear a wig - but you are quite right that often one selects the "wrong" one by knowing that it just doesn't feel right. Definitely trial and error unless you have an understanding friend around.

As for the boob forms, proportion is important. I didn't want big ones or tiny ones, so I picked a more or less average size by selecting the right size bra, filling it with water-filled balloons, then discovering the right size for me.

Makeup is very much like a form of painting, I suppose. Since I am an artist anyway, this particular part of the transformation is no trouble for me. What is difficult is selecting the right foundation, however. Plus, I hate applying makeup because it is so time-consuming. Also, be sure to wear makeup modestly and observe how other women wear it. It's fashionable not to wear lots of maekup, and personally I prefer when women use makeup just to accent facial features. But as dudes, many of us have to go heavy on the foundation. I do not wear false eyelashes and the like, since to me that doesn't look natural (it might be fun for an evening out, of course).

Lisa Golightly
04-15-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm all natural.

stormrider
04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
I too dumped my breast forms and two wigs in a purge a few years ago. Stupid thing to do but...Oh well. I would like to get another wig or two but I am happy with the homade forms I have now. The only thing better would be the really expensive ones.

Kathleen Ann Trees
04-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I need a wig and breast forms if I'm going to complete my dressing.

Not much more to say. Just dreams.

Kathleen.

trannie T
04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I am follically challenged. The hair I have is grey and in a ponytail. If I were to try to make it into a femme style it would be worse than Donald Trump's combover. So I need a wig.
I have two pairs of inexpensive breast forms which I wear occasionally. Most of the time when I go out I wear a bra with no forms.
I'd really like to have real hair and real boobs but I have to make do with the artifical ones.