PDA

View Full Version : Why I Lie to my Wife

Rikkicn
04-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Sweet Ones,
I hope this is of some use and value. It written with that intention.

There is often lots of talk on what motivates our radical behaviors. It’s often asked why do we keep secrets from our wives even after we have come out to them?

I’ve been surprised not to see a thread on what the inner life of a cross dresser can be like. I’ve never seen a discussion of the deep, deep shame, quilt and humiliation that is part of the cross dressing experience. It’s this, that lies at the heart of many of the problems we have.

We, I speak for my sisters, have been caring this shame since before we even knew what to call it. We just knew we felt really bad about our desires and that there was something terribly wrong with us. Family, friends, movies used words like sick and perverted to describe what brought us so much joy. Deep shame brings deep, dark tumultuous secrets. We are on constant alert. If someone found out about us we could be scolded, punished, laughed at and humiliated and possibly turned over to the medical community (this was happening into the late 70’s) for evaluation and treatment.

For me, my desire to dress like a woman and my sexual needs and desires are linked and always have been. Called it fetish, if you will. If there’s sex involved than that adds dimension to our shame and embarrassment. We all experience various levels of shyness and difficulty around this subject. How easy or hard is it to ask your lover for something new or different or even to stop doing something unpleasant?

I recently married a woman that knew everything about me. I told her what I knew about myself and what my future might be regarding transitioning, long before we married. We have both transitioning together, it seems. She and I are both sex positive and fetish positive. We are now open about everything and there is a strong and sustainable spiritual component to our relationship

Even being in a relationship with a woman I loved and who I knew beyond any doubt, loved me, it still took me 3-4 years to overcome the shame and deep embarrassment and open my heart and desires fully and invite her into my inner, secret, world. A world that had been my home in some ways. A place in my heart that was warm and protected and safe. I lived there alone for 50 years when I met her.

What is the depth of this shame, guilt, embarrassment and isolation? For us every time we reveal something new about ourselves it’s like a new coming out with all the angst, fears and risks associated. I know from my own experiences just how exhausting this can be.

How long does it take to do the deep kind of healing that’s needed for us to feel something we’ve never felt before.

The feeling of belonging and safety.
The feeling of self love and acceptance.
The feeling of being lovable and being loved

How do we get there from here?

Alyshia121
04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
For starters, I think one of the reasons we all met here is due to what you just said. Now, regardless, there are those who have passed their boundaries and "flaunt it," and then there are those who have been 20-30 years in the making, still afraid to release themselves and horrified to let it be known; it's all part of the healing process.

I'm willing to bet that there isn't one person here who hasn't run this gamut of emotion. We all have our stories, mortifiying or not as they may be, so I see this as a being somewhat unspoken bond between us.

I respect you for bringing this out into the open. Who knows, there may have been a post similar to this somewhere; I don't believe anyone might have worded it as well as you did, as this is truly the underbelly of it all. I think we want to forget this aspect of it and attempt to leave it behind us.

We know it's painful; that's why we're dying to see if "another one of 'us' exists."

:2c:

Jenna1561
04-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Secrets, yes I guess I have some, mainly, how much I spend. I told my wife everything about 9 months ago (July 4 - My personal Independence Day). But she still doesn't want to discuss anything. I've made various books on the subjects available and she has yet to read any of them.

I want to be more open with her about my thoughts and feelings, but she'll have none of it. So, my thoughts and feelings are still secret, not because I won't share them, but because she doesn't want to know.

I do envision some day being able to share with her my deepest feelings and yes, the idea of sharing that is scary. I know it will change our relationship. Change it forever. And of that, I am scared. I love her. I will always love her. I hate her not knowing. It seems as though I AM KEEPING a secret. But how do I force her to listen. It is easier to just keep going as we are.

But as we go along, I change and she just watches. What are her thoughts? How does she feel? I would love to know; I think that self-examination and realization would help her. It might strain Us, but would probably help her.

Secrets benefit no one.

Jenna

lindase4da
04-14-2007, 05:56 PM
As an S/O who is supportive, encouraging, and accepting of both a TG and a CD, I have often wondered about the continued deception from the TG. You have answered some of those lingering questions and I thank you for it.

I've known for a long time that it's a personal struggle for her to make choices regarding her transness, but recently have felt that she shuts me out knowing that I need more. With contempt and indifference she looks away. I now understand what others have said, that she needs time and space to heal herself first then me when she's ready.

It may seem a small thing from someone who you would have otherwise never known, but my heartfelt thanks for your words. I just hope they didn't come too late.

like2bvickie
04-14-2007, 11:19 PM
My wife caught me dressed several years ago. She had notions about it
for years and had been watching her clothes for months, before catching
me in her clothes. We talked for hours, but she has never understood. That
day she went out and bought me undies, a skirt and blouse, and heels, she
had them laid out on the bed when I got home from work. As I walked into
the house, she told me to shower before supper. As I entered the bedroom
I say the clothes on the bed. I showered and really didn't know what to do
so I put on what she had laid out. I also put on some of her make-up and walked into the kitchen. I will never forget the look on her face, and how she
cried. I asked her what she wanted me to do, she told me to sit down and eat. Ever since that day I have tried to talk to her, have tried to reach her, have tried to stop dressing at times, she still buys me clothes, so I don't wear her's, and I have continued to dress every night at home. It took her
weeks to kiss me while I was dressed and it was months before we sleep together. I still keep secrets from her, mainly about my going out in public.
I wish we could share everything, but that's not possible right now!!

:love: Vickie