PDA

View Full Version : Flying J Effingham,IL

Kierci
04-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Tonight I had some extra time on a load so I decided to stop in Effingham,IL. I put on a pair of pantyhose, black jeans high heel boots (dont have a pic yet) and a lacy blouse. I finally worked up the nerve, got out of my truck and went in to have dinner. I enjoyed my dinner and coffee paid for my meal and left. The whole time there I only got 2 stares from 1 couple who snickered a little. I did nothing to pass as a woman just out as an obvious crossdresser. When I got back to my truck I listened to my CB for a couple of hours and not one driver said a word about it even after I asked if anyone had seen the guy inside wearing heels. One lady driver asked me if it was me :-) I told her I would put some one and have coffee with her. Lets see more drivers cut loose and do the same.

Angie G
04-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Well Jenny you go girl:hugs:
Angie

Billijo49504
04-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Cool!!! In a truck stop, that you might not ever stop at again, enjoy yourself. Do your thing, but be careful. Some of those rednecks. You know!!! When I went in the motorhome, I used to change in a truck stop. Then go in to the store. Just to see if I'd get any response. Usually not much.....BJ

goofus
04-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Tonight I had some extra time on a load so I decided to stop in Effingham,IL. I put on a pair of pantyhose, blacvk jeans high heel boots (dont have a pic yet) and a lacy blouse. I finally worked up the nerve, got out of my truck and went in to have dinner. I enjoyed my dinner and coffee paid for my meal and left. The whole time there I only got 2 stares from 1 couple who snickered a little. I did nothing to pass as a woman just out as an obvious crossdresser. When I got back to my truck I listened to my CB for a couple of hours and not one driver said a word about it even after I asked if anyone had seen the guy inside wearing heels. One lady driver asked me if it was me :-) I told her I would put some one and have coffee with her. Lets see more drivers cut loose and do the same.

Yowzah! I've been to Effingham...not sure that it's the kind of place I'd want to openly crossdress in! :2c:

Kierci
04-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Truck stops are easy to dress in, I go in through the car entrance if at all possible this way its less obvious that I am a truck driver to the people inside. I have never had any problems when I have been out, call it luck but hey thats all I need is luck.

toering63
04-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Effingham used to have a guy that wore a dress and pushed a stroller. Everybody got their laughs at him, but he died a few years back.

trannie T
04-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Does the ICC know?

NatieBe
04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi Jeeny.. I too drive and am just getting back in the truck after 6yrs... Sounds like things have changed, yrs ago we would have been read and doomed... good going girl.... Natie:love:

Kierci
04-15-2007, 08:48 PM
screw the ICC they are only a pain in our a@#% anyways. So far I have not had a problem, tonight I am going to go into the J in Lansing,MI wearing a long snug black halter dress and my 5" Pleaser boots (due to temperature) again not trying to pass, just a man in a dress.:heehee:

Wenda
04-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Used to stop at the J at Beloitte, just before pushing through Chicago en route IN, and then again on the way back.. wasn't dressing then. Have fun, be careful. w.

Kierci
04-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Flying J Lansing,MI Well I did it went in (a little different outfit then planned) wearing my boots a denim mini-skit and a light blue blouse. While drinking coffee one lady kept looking at me with not expression and one of the waitresses complimented me on the perfume I was wearing she said it smelled good on me and wanted to know what it was (exclamation). I felt the most comfortable out tonight (again not trying to pass, notice no wig or make up etc...)

Kierci
04-17-2007, 12:56 AM
I am currently headed toward Dallas so I will keep everyone updated as to my next outing in a Truckstop if the load and time allows.

trannie T
04-17-2007, 02:46 AM
"Six Days on the Road and I'm Gonna Do My Nails Tonight"

Staci G
04-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Jenny
I drove for 14 yrs now I am a broker (dont hate me) anyway I dressed every day while driving. I got stopped at the border in N.D. coming out of Canada the US side took everything out of my truck all the way down to my clothes
I had heels dresses al kinds of things more womens than mens clothes they came back in and told me to get my stuff and put it back in and move on.. I bet they had a hoot after I was gone.
I have been to Effingham many times but never went in dressed. Good for you, you have more guts than I do thats for sure..
Good luck in dallas, I went shopping enfem there a couple times the SA's were always great in Dallas

Michelle 51
04-17-2007, 08:52 AM
I got to hand it to you .That took courage Justabit

Karen Francis
04-18-2007, 10:53 PM
lets see, been on the road for 30 years... Flying J is my standard fuel stop all over the US and Canada. I do go into truckstops in slightly feminised drab, i.e. womens jeans, slightly feminine footwear. Since there are more drivers than any other occupation, it stands to reason crossdressers are well represented. There are several class 8 drivers in our local TG organizations here in eastern PA. But if the purpose is to meet another CD who is a trucker, it is still a long shot. Personally, instead of going into a truckstop, I go to shopping malls, other logical spots, knowing I am unknown in the area. I spring for the occasional motel room, get completely dressed and go out, if it doesn't go as smoothly as planned, little damage, no one has any idea who you are.

Paulacder
04-19-2007, 05:20 AM
You Gals have got it going on. There is a Flyin Hook a short drive from my house. I went there one time in Fem. plans were to eat lunch. After seeing the crowd of truckers I chickend out. However when I was leaving a trucker seen me getting into my car, came over and started a conversation. He told me he also dressed. So yes, you drivers are well represented in the C.D.ing World. By the way there is no I.C.C. it is now, F.M.C.S.A., Now how do I know this...:heehee: :heehee: :love:

sami1952
04-19-2007, 06:53 AM
I never did that when i was driving a truck,i used to dress in fem and drive in fem,but never had the courage to do that.

Kierci
04-22-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm in OH on a regular basis usually going to Bedford Heights to get loaded so lets see either you live east of columbus(hebron/buckeye lake), or just south of Akron hmmm

Ok Your right ICC Changed over about 5+/- years ago I'm guessing your one of the bears out there, am I close.

No I'm not looking to make this a meetup thread Just thought we drivers should have a place to get together her in the forum.

Thank all you Gals for your replies, I have not meant to be so slow to getting back to yall, unfortunetly thats the nature of my business I cant always get near WIFI or if I do I may be to tired to bother with it, I'm sorry I'd like to say I will try to do better but I never know. Thanks for sticking by me I will eventually always get back here. :-)

caffine
04-22-2007, 11:25 AM
i recently move back to allentown,pa and i hang in the petro in scranton,pa.never had the nerve to go enfem since i know almost all the people that work there.

Kierci
04-22-2007, 11:32 AM
LOL your name says it all. I dont get up that way too often but when I do I'll try to let you know I'm coming

caffine
04-22-2007, 11:35 AM
did ever go into the hook there in phoenix ? when i lived out there i was in there all the time

Kierci
04-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Unfortunetly when I am in PHX I dont get much time to myself. I will be doing more shortly, i have run almost 4000 miles since my last outing no time to sleep let alone dressing :-( Currently in Gerald,MO headed to PHX for the 26th

lil red
05-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I wish I had the courage to do what you have been doing.

uknowhoo
05-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanx Ginger for resurrecting this thread - I had missed it the first time around. I gotta say I'm quite pleased and surprised by your experiences and others' reactions, Jenny. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: xoxo Tammi