PDA

View Full Version : Kathleen Bursts Out!

Kathleen Ann Trees
04-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I had my first day out as a woman this week.

I started in Detroit getting dressed in a hotel. I wore my girl jeans, a beige sleeveless top and a brown striped 3/4 sleeve jacket. I had a pair of wedge sandals which showed my painted toes. I had on a set of french manicure nails, 3 silver rings, some 1" drop silver earrings, a brown bead and drop necklace, and a cute little purse. (Sorry no pics) My makeup and wig were very simple.

I went to the breakfast area and picked up a yogurt and a roll and took it back to my room. I packed the car with my things and went to the front desk
to get my bill since they hadn't put one under the door. I told the girl I was in room 246. She said that wasn't my room. Huh? Oh, 426, Sorry. She printed out a bill and wished me a nice day. (Afterwards I wondered was their a guy or a girl in 246? Did she know?)

Because it was cold I went to a Payless to get some warmer shoes. Loved trying lots of other summer sandals on, but bought a pair of womens loafers with about an inch and a half heel. I fit right in with all the other women out.

I drove over to Kalamazoo, stopping along the way, trying to find a DressBarn. I was determined to go in and try on dresses, but I couldn't find one in lower central Michigan.

I got to my hotel in Kalamazoo and walked right in. (My drab name is androgynous so it was easy for me there.) The young man was nice and checked me in, but I'm sure he was a little too nervous for a typical customer.

I settled in the room and checked the local yellow pages for a Dressbarn. Nope, but there was a Frederick's of Hollywood. Okay, I'll check out a corset instead. While touching up my makeup, I noticed a light bulb that kept flickering. On my way out, I rode the elevator down and went to the front desk and asked them to check the light in my room.

I was very nervous at the mall because by now it was late afternoon, and with the cold weather, it was busy. I walked in an entrance that had a Coldwater Creek store nearby so I could get in and get my bearings. I was so nervous I could hardly keep still while looking around. The prices were high on the few things I saw so I checked the mall directory for the Fredericks. It said there was a new Dressbarn in the mall. I headed deeper into the mall for the Fred's.

The sales girl there was nice enough. "May I help you, 'mam?" (Sweet) We looked at the corsets and I was still very nervous so she guided me back to the bras. "Would you like to try one on?" I just couldn't. I browsed a little more but had to go. I headed straight out to my car and back to my room. I couldn't take any more.

On the way I drove through a Wendy's and got a salad. When I got to my room, the light was fixed. I rested a little, ate, and regained my courage. I headed back to the mall to the Dressbarn.

I marched right in and started looking at the dresses. "May I help you, 'mam?" (Sweet) Yes, I'm looking for a dress, I said. "What's the occasion?" I have to do my taxes. "You want to do your taxes in a dress?" Yep. "Okay. What style are you looking for..."

It was wonderful! For over an hour I browsed, tried on dresses and skirts and tops. They brought me suggestions when I was in the dressing room. We talked about different items and how they would look. I checked out with a dress and lacey cover, a brown skirt and two tops. The SA said, "have a nice evening, madam." I thanked them profusely, and we parted with smiling pleasantries.

Back in my room, I changed into my new skirt and top and enjoyed the rest of the evening... without ever doing my taxes!

Still smiling,
Kathleen (Oh, there's so much more...)

Gina_darling
04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like an interesting day. I went out dressed for the first time this week too. Really feels good doesn't it! Then when people respond to you as a woman and not a man feels really nice too. I'm just looking for the next reason to go out again!

Eva Diva
04-15-2007, 03:25 PM
More, you say... :D

Do tell!

AllieSF
04-15-2007, 03:43 PM
A good detailed post. I like your writing style. You were very brave and I like that you regrouped and went right back out into the real world. I shop all the time in drab at the thrift stores and always use their dressing rooms when needed. I also try to stay away from my local area. No you can do your taxes in peace!

joselyn318
04-15-2007, 04:28 PM
That sounds like a great day!

I also live in the Detroit area. I have gone to a couple of the area fredericks in drab, but have not have the courage to try something on in store yet.

However, today for the first time ever I was at the fredericks in sterling heights. The SA came up to me and asked me if I needed any help. I said I was just browsing. She then told me about the panty sale and they have bra fittings for anyone that needs them and gave me a little smile. I think she caught the drift I was shopping for myself. I already know my bra size, but I have never been fitted in store. I almost said I could use a bra fitting but there other customers in the story. So, I told her no thank you. I am thinking I am going to go back this coming thursday morning when they open up so there are less customers around and I can be more discrete.

paulaN
04-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Your first night out.....WOW was you on a roll. And what a time you had. I am so happy for you. I love to here tails like yours, almost as much as making my own tails to tell. Any way wooo HOOOO to you.

Billijo49504
04-15-2007, 07:12 PM
WOW!!!! You sure do it, when you decide to start something. Drive across the state, mall twice and 2 hotels. That is totally super....BJ

Wenda
04-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Excellent post. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

Kathleen Ann Trees
04-17-2007, 05:09 PM
I must tell you, that day was wonderful. There were a few other stops too. Like trying to figure out how to get rid of my coffee! I went in a Target and a Mejiers but neither had a family bathroom. I just couldn't get myself to walk into a women's room. I doubt there would be a problem, but on my first day out I wasn't going to get arrested for that. (I ended up in the hotel's women's room... a one holer)

But, let me thank all of your for giving me the courage. All of the support and stories here have helped boost my confidence immensely. You girls rock!

Kathleen

Brianna Lovely
04-17-2007, 06:12 PM
I must tell you, that day was wonderful. There were a few other stops too. Like trying to figure out how to get rid of my coffee! I went in a Target and a Mejiers but neither had a family bathroom. I just couldn't get myself to walk into a women's room. I doubt there would be a problem, but on my first day out I wasn't going to get arrested for that. (I ended up in the hotel's women's room... a one holer)

But, let me thank all of your for giving me the courage. All of the support and stories here have helped boost my confidence immensely. You girls rock!

Kathleen

What an adventure, good for you.

I was with a few girls, this past weekend, and they used the ladies room, like there was nothing to it. I'm still a little nervous about that.