PDA

View Full Version : Split Personalities?

Byllie
04-15-2007, 10:00 PM
I was just reading a posting in the pictures area and the poster wrote, "I spent the day as ...." This made me think, how many of us actually see our feminine side as a different person as opposed to a part of who we are.

Personally, I see it as a side and not a fifferent entity. It's a part of who I am that, for far too many years, has lain hidden within. It's the final piece of my personna that has needed to surface so that I can be a whole person.

So, your thoughts?

pantyhose lover
04-15-2007, 10:07 PM
I feel somewhat different when dressed up, or at least when I go shopping. As a guy, I am the cheapest person in teh world, rarely spending money unless I have to. However, when I"m shopping for women's clothes, money is no object and I tend to buy whatever.

ArleneRaquel
04-15-2007, 10:09 PM
I am not only a different person, but a better person as Trina. :love: & :hugs: Trina - A Good Guy, But a Great Lady

Jocelyn Quivers
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I guess I look at my feme side as being a different part of who I am. When en-femme I am usually addresed by my wife as Jocelyn and we talk about my drab side as if he is a different person completely. Even though I live my life as a male and that ultimately is my dominant personality. I still consider both my femm and drab sides to be completely different and opposite parts as of to who I am as person. Neither of which can survive without the other. (I hope that was not too confusing) Jocelyn

Karen S
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I personally feel like a different person when I go out dressed as Karen. My walk is different and I smile more at people. I just feel that my whole persona changes into a woman.

And I like it a lot! :happy:

Kate Simmons
04-15-2007, 10:54 PM
No Byllie, I usta be but have merged my feelings. I'm now just a female version of myself or is that a male version of myself? Hard to tell nowadays. Either way, I have fun though.:happy: Sal

Sheri 4242
04-16-2007, 12:51 AM
This made me think, how many of us actually see our feminine side as a different person as opposed to a part of who we are . . . (p)ersonally, I see it as a side and not a fifferent entity. It's the final piece of my personna that has needed to surface so that I can be a whole person.

Wow! That is really a powerful question, Byllie! I see myself as having a strong and definite "feminine side" to my very being, and my femme name represents that part of my personna. My wife had a small problem with the femme name bit (but only at first) -- I guess she thught that if I had a femme name it meant I wanted to become that person (srs). That isn't the case! Maybe those of us who are m-t-f, heterosexual cd's adopt a femme name b/c it helps us identify that part of ourselves as somewhat different than our strictly male personna?!!!? I'm not certain, but this makes sense to me. I guess it is a lot like Jocelyn said: " . . . I look at my feme side as being a different part of who I am . . . I still consider both my femm and drab sides to be completely different and opposite parts as of to who I am as person."

Violetgray
04-16-2007, 12:55 AM
For me, Violet and Dorian are like two seperate wings of the same mansion... different, but at the same time part of the overall structure..

kerrianna
04-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Byllie I think many of us, myself included, aren't really schizoid - we understand we are the same person. Using my femme name and identity is a way of shorthand for communicating what is otherwise a complex set of feelings, behaviours, desires etc. It's kind of like a stage persona, but taken more seriously by me anyway than that. I'm trying to think of a better analogy.

How about this? When I'm in a bad mood I sometimes refer to myself as Crabby Kerry. He's kind of a different entity, but I know it's still me. It just expresses what emotions etc are dominating my life at the time.

Kerrianna is a cherished part of me, and I do see her as a unique being, but I know it's still me. What's interesting is that I'm beginning to see Kerry in the same way...which puts me back into the middle as...me. Just me. Everything else is a different construct, a different flavour, a different expression.

:happy:

Lisa Golightly
04-16-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm just Lisa.

Mariah
04-16-2007, 02:19 AM
hehe, yes I am a diffrent person than my other half *^_^*. We share our memories, and some other thoughts. But we are diffrent in both how we act and how we feel, I'm more open with my feelings and Active(re aggressove) he on the other hand is vary privite and keeps everything bottled up, he is also a passaviste un like me I like shoting thing lol. yes diffrent..... but then again that's going to happen with us. being I was diganossed with MPD 10 od years ago. yes no?

hopes to you all
keris

Carin
04-16-2007, 03:17 AM
When I am dressed I am more open and communicative, less intraverted.

Maybe because there is nothing left to hide!

Crossdressing Maniac
04-16-2007, 04:02 AM
I know I feel like I have split personalities. It's something society has forced upon me.

Suzie S.
04-16-2007, 04:22 AM
I think it's very common for anyone, male or female, to assume that cders have a dual personality. In the beginning, I thought I did also. Now, I'm realizing that Suzie is just an extension of my male self. I'm just one person. My feminine side is becoming integrated with my masculine side.

The more I accept who I am, the less I try to keep female and male sides in opposite corners of the room. I feel more well rounded by letting both wander where they may. They both compliment each other. :happy:

Laurie Ann
04-16-2007, 04:30 AM
I consider Laurie to be the better side of me. The person who best mirrors what I really feel in my heart and mind.

Teresa Amina
04-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Sure, I'll write about being in Teresa-mode, but if I just wrote "I went to the Mall" it wouldn't be clear what I looked like at the time. I went to the mall yesterday and had my ears pierced. How was I dressed? You don't know, do you? :D
Being in Teresa-mode is just Me with my paranoia put aside (and looking much better, too!)

Angie G
04-16-2007, 04:33 AM
I see the girl I'd like to be more of if life would let me :hugs:
Angie

terri jane
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM
I would like to be as free to be as I once was as a child when there wasnt a stigma to everything. you cant wear that you cant act that way you cant feel that way. the real act was to cover up all the free parts that wernt concerned with any thing but being attracted to what makes you feel comfortable. so i guess society ios the real freak

melissaK
04-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Were I to indulge in an oversimplification, I'd say Melissa is me. The rest is the act. . . .

Hugs,
'lissa

cindychan
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
I was just reading a posting in the pictures area and the poster wrote, "I spent the day as ...." This made me think, how many of us actually see our feminine side as a different person as opposed to a part of who we are.

Personally, I see it as a side and not a fifferent entity. It's a part of who I am that, for far too many years, has lain hidden within. It's the final piece of my personna that has needed to surface so that I can be a whole person.

So, your thoughts?

I tend to think of it as a side of personna at this particular time. However to achieve "whole" me the components must be unified. My ideal personna would include the female looks with the male mind, almost a pretty tomboy image. Alot of the time I do desire to be a real woman but retain my male interests. I think of myself as a combiner transformer:heehee: The female, male, emotional, physical, and interests sides of me would merge into one. Got a headache yet?:hugs:

janedoe311
04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
So called multi personality disorder!

Because it is not! A person with these disorders has no memory of the other selves.

I like to see it as all of us wear different hats. You cannot behave or think like a manager or CEO with your kids. You cannot behave like a parent with your employees. So when you are in DRAG it is not be be excepted that you will behave like you "normal self".

You brain is very adaptive. You spend enough time with people with an accent and you will start talking like them, if you let it.

Yes, you can fight it but you also can make a conscience effort to be in "proper form" in your other hats.

In a sense we all have multi personalities, We have to to survive.

TracyH
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I've never really noticed it, but my girlfriend says I act differently when I'm dressed. Apart from smiling more, she says that I tend to swing my hips more when I walk, have different body language, and overall just act more effeminate.

Felix
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi Byllie I see myself the same all the time I don't think I've got a slit personality :heehee: xx Felix :hugs:

sterling12
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
A quote from, "As You Like It." The Bard says: "All the World's a stage and all the men and women, merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts...."

Hmmm, could Shakespeare have been CD? Just speculation of course.

My support groups are always emphasizing trying to blend the two persona's. Personally, I feel like we are two separate entities that inhabit the same body. We get along, it's not a problem and we rather enjoy one another.

Peace and Love, Joanie

janedoe311
04-16-2007, 01:42 PM
A quote from, "As You Like It." The Bard says: "All the World's a stage and all the men and women, merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts...."

Hmmm, could Shakespeare have been CD? Just speculation of course.

My support groups are always emphasizing trying to blend the two persona's. Personally, I feel like we are two separate entities that inhabit the same body. We get along, it's not a problem and we rather enjoy one another.

Peace and Love, Joanie

All womens parts were played by men,(boys). So there was lots of CDing back then at least on stage!

Karren H
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Well Karren agrees with you that its just another dimention of her persona but anti-Karren thinks your both nuts....

K - "Oh yeah?"

AK - YEAH!!

K - Give me my bra back!!

:D

Excuse me, this could take some time..............

Karren and Anti-Karren

Jannette H
04-16-2007, 01:52 PM
:2c: I look at as having a switch (male mode-female mode). When I'm enfemme i'm Jannette and not my male self and in drab my male self. I've been careful enough not to over lap the two, Jannette is the extension of me. I think that most of us can do that with ease.

Jannette H

Ruth
04-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Very good question. I am sure that Ruth is what psychologists call a subpersonality. This is nothing pathological. It's more or less a set of attitudes and preferences that manifest as a feminine presence, and it's been a great benefit to my life to release it from time to time. Admitting it and acknowledging it has done "me" the world of good. There is full self knowledge all the time so in many ways it is like playing a part, not a split personality type thing. But the words "playing a part" do not do it justice.
Words are fairly inadequate for describing stuff like this. And of course there is such a thing as MPD, though I imagine most CDers do not operate in that situation.

Fab Karen
04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Nope. Whether in boy mode or girl mode, I am basically me. Some actions are more feminine, but my personality is my personality. To say someting like "I was Karen" is just a short-hand way of speaking, not to suggest that there are two. It'd be as silly to refer to HER doing something as it would to refer to HIM doing something, it's ME, not him or her literally.

Fab Karen
04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Well Karren agrees with you that its just another dimention of her persona but anti-Karren thinks your both nuts....

K - "Oh yeah?"

AK - YEAH!!

K - Give me my bra back!!

:D

Excuse me, this could take some time..............

Karren and Anti-Karren

Are you sure that's not DEMENTion? :D

JacquiUKTV
04-16-2007, 09:20 PM
I am so , SO glad you posted this. The issue of "dual personality" is something I'm trying to deal with right now. I do indeed feel that "Jacqui" is almost another person sharing my mental space. Since I've been talking to people I feel that some sort of "integration" is taking place...I'm aware that I'm adopting aspects of "Jacqui" and bringing her into my "real" life...I feel some trepidation as to where this might lead. All part of a "growth" process I hope. Feelings of guilt and shame have kept me in the closet for (literally) decades....now that I've broken-through at least some of my mental and emotional barriers I just hope to the God I don't believe in that I haven't taken a wrong turn. Sorry if all this seems a bit gloomy but where you choose to steer your life isn't a trivial matter...your mind isn't a chess-board where if you lose a game you can just clear the board and start again.
Luv, J.

JacquiUKTV
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
But then, I'm just an Essex girl....:D

Charleen
04-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm Lily. Always have been but lived in denial of that all my life. I'm at the point now that when I'm Charlie, I feel like I'm CDing and playing a part!

Karren H
04-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Are you sure that's not DEMENTion? :D

I'm an ingenieer..... so by default I can't spell....

Karren

Tamera
04-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Is CDing a part of a SPLIT PERSONALITY??

It could be to some, Yes. Some could have a male/female personality.
Others the female side could carry into their male side.
Others the only reason they come back to their male side is because they have to.
Others may come back to their male side because they want to.
Others see their female side as a permanent direction and have their bodies altered.

You have to look at the term "CROSSDRESSING". You are crossing over from one gender to another. Yes gender personalities are a big part of this. Some leave their personalities when they leave that gender, others carry it with them.
LOL
Tamera

Amy Hepker
04-20-2007, 05:48 AM
No sence in losing your head over it.
I don't think I have a split personality, how bout you John?? I don't think so either! Nope no split personality here. Accually, Yes, I am two different people. I have to be. I am screaming on the inside to be out and enjoy being Female, while I am stuck in a mans body in a mans life. It really sucks. Especially sence I don't look anything like a Female on the outside.

suspender
04-20-2007, 06:14 AM
We are all human. What makes who we are? x & y chromosomes. Sometimes we can be xxy sometimes xyy. This leads to what so called normal people say is strange. We are merely who we are. I happen to love it when the other side takes me over, I dont care whether it is a chromosome disorder or not. I dont see it as another person - I see it as one side saying "I will take the back seat this time, you can take over". It provides the other side with a rest..whats nice - the other side can watch and enjoy. Analyze that onlookers!

Sus

Elly
04-20-2007, 08:24 AM
i don't have multiple modes and have always been confused by people refering to themselves by two names, i see many posts where someone goes shopping with the accepting SO and say "this would look nice on (female name of self), where as when i go shopping with Stacy i always say something like " i really like that, do you think, it'll look good on me?" simply because i am me not 2 people but one person, at all times i am Elly, no MPD here, but then the differance here could be that i am not hiding, but honestly if your SO knows what's the point of still hiding...