PDA

View Full Version : I made it out of the house dressed

gareb86
04-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I finallt took the leap so to speak. I went out to my truck to get one of my books for an internet class. It felt sooo good being outside in broad daylight dressed. I think i may go for a drive when i get my paper finished, the only thing is that i live in a small town and everybody i mean everybody knows my truck, that worries me a little.

TracyH
04-16-2007, 11:57 AM
That's great. I know how you feel though. I've had to drive as far as three hours away from my house in order to dress or do some shopping. That was a pain.

njnikki
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
I have been outside dressed before out of site.......... The farthest I been was at night driving............. Was afraid something would go wrong though........ Good you made a first step.........

JoAnnDallas
04-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Gongrads.......the more you start going out, the more you will want to. It's kinda addictive. I started going out in the daylight back in 2005, first with walks, then drives in the SUV, then shopping, then to HEF2006, and now to Tri-Ess meetings.

Karen S
04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Good for you. I remember the first few time that I went out dressed up. It was kind of scary at first. After a while you realize that people don't really pay that much attention to who's driving next to them.

Living in a bigger city does have its advantages of being more anonymous.

Karren H
04-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Good for you!!! Funny you should mention it but this morning I walked to work, dropped the van off for inspection, and as I was standing at the corner I did an unsientific poll.. To see I I could tell at a glance whether the driver was male or female and further to see if I could pick out any definate facial or clothing detalis...

Well at first glance I could tell the male or female timng with near 100% accuracy... I think! Lol. But to pickout what they were wearing or even enough facial features to determine if I knew them or not was nearly impossible... Unless they stopped for the light, directly in front of me..

Now if they know your vehicle its a little different.. Tinted windows help... Don't drive near where you think people you know congragate, and as a fall back positiin, if someone says anything jusy tell them you lent your truck to your female cousin from another town to use for the afternoon... Or better yet... Just take a drive to a neighboring town..

Love Karren

Emily Ann Brown
04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
The solution is quite simple sis....ditch the truck! Walk (dressed) to the closest store or club and enjoy. GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Emily Ann

gareb86
04-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback, but if i ditched my truck its a three and a half miles to the closest place in town.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
It can be tough to be incognito when everyone knows your truck so you need to be careful if you don't want to be found out. No excuse will work if someone that knows you is able to see you in your fem clothes unless of course you can really pass as a woman while en-femm and you can use the story that you loaned your truck to a friend. I doubt that you can get away with that one. My car is a dodge caravan with my company name on the plates so I am asking for someone to find me out when I go out dressed up in that car, by the way I do it a lot so I am really throwing caution to the wind. I do have another car that I prefer to use that is very non discript and everyone has one, plus no vanity plate. I've walked out to this car from my house on many dress up dates and I have no fear of being found out, of course my wife hates it when I show such little cioncern for anonymity but I do try to be careful most of the time.
Your best bet is to drive out of town and use the "Karen" approach and change at a local rest stop. Karen is famous for her escapades as i am sure you will see as you read on.

jjjjohanne
04-16-2007, 06:19 PM
When I used to live in a small town, I drove to a nearby town and did my shopping. I didn't go out at all. In a small town, you know your neighbors. If you have lived there a long time (generations) then you know your neighbors, their family, their ex-girlfriends, how good they were in elementary school, etc. You know about the skeletons in their closet going back a couple generations. Imagine if everyone in your office at your city job worked there their whole life and so did your parents and their parents. Think about how much you would end up knowing about each other. Small town. It is great, but it isn't very private. It helps keep people from having big secrets... Like us. If you are bound to having an external conscience, you will behave yourself better than if you only rely on your internal conscience.

Joe

sandra-leigh
04-16-2007, 09:00 PM
If you are bound to having an external conscience, you will behave yourself better than if you only rely on your internal conscience.

Based on my observations, my internal conscience is much harder on me than a "community standards" conscience would be. But conscience and personal ethics are not the same as public morals. For example, most internet-age people around where I live have no problem pirating movies or music, so by definition, it is not "immoral" here -- but I won't do it.

The reactions I have received the last few years suggest that crossdressing is not immoral around here. But that's here; I understand that some communities in the USA have ideas of morality that would seem strange to most people in my city. Personally, I don't consider crossdressing to be unethical; I might perhaps consider deliberately provoking people's outrage to be unethical though (but sometimes ya just gotta take a stand...)

JoAnnDallas
04-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Up till 2005 we lived in a small town in West Virginia. Not only does everyone know evryone else, but the local newspaper was the best scandel sheet in the world. Everything was put in the paper. All of the police reports, fire department runs, reilstate sells/buys, gun permits, and there were even stories about so and so coming to town to visit their Aunt/Uncle, GrandParents, and etc. In fact one day in the Police section, a street walker was arrested and not only was her name in the paper, but all her Johns too. There is no privaciy in a small town. Lewisburg, WV is less than 5K.

Dawntv
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I too live in a very small town and my truck is really well known. Last october my gg and i headed out for Dawns first public outing in a Gay friendly town called Saugutuck in Michigan. Iwas so nervous getting in my truck fully dressed for the first time. but i drove 4 hours to our hotel including a couple of potty breaks where i had no choice but to use the ladies room. it was an awsome experience, hope you can figure out a way to do something like this.
Dawntv

slamddoger
04-17-2007, 04:57 PM
good for you . how did it feel being out side of the house