PDA

View Full Version : Life Begins At 40 ?????

Vicky_Scot
04-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Well here goes.

I will be turning 40 in the near future and after spending about the last 28 years of those 40 in the closet from everyone except from my beloved wife (who accepts me for me) who has known for about 10 years.

I really feel that I want to spend the next 40 years (hopefully still be here then) being me and not hiding who I am from the world. Lets get one thing straight, I am not going to go about flaunting my crossdressing in peoples faces. What I want to be able to do is to hold my head high and say if required, yes I am a cd and darn proud of it. I want to be able to go out to TG events without having to sneak in and out the backdoor, make excuses where I am going etc.

I just want to be out the closet 100%. Wether people accept it or not is up to them. I do not judge people so why do people feel they have the right to judge me?

I have started this process by posting my first ever full pic as my avatar....be kind!!!!

Advice very warmley welcomed.

DawnL
04-18-2007, 04:26 AM
You go girl. Face the future with a positive attitude, it is the only way to do it. People have to accept you, you are what you are and that's that. They don't have to like it but they do have to accept it. Hopefully you'll have well more that 40 years to enjoy it.

I also have just today posted my first picture as an avatar.

Karren H
04-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Go for it... Life too short to worry about what other people think... And if fem life starts at 40 then I overshot the mark by 15 years... Lifes is still good at 55 though.. Hehe

Love Karren

Valerie Nicole
04-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Congratulations on your new resolve and determination. I am slowly getting to that point, and looking forward to what it will be like for me. Good job, I admire all you who are out 100%.

JoAnnDallas
04-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Your avatar looks great. Have you looked to see if there is a support group like Tri-Ess near you. I am now a member of the Dallas Tri-Ess group and the girls are some of the best people I have ever meet.

Charleen
04-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Life begins when you want/allow it to.

Kate Simmons
04-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Life begins when you want/allow it to.All too true, Lily, all too true.:happy: Sal

Vicky_Scot
04-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Thankyou all for your kind words and encouragement.

Alex R
04-18-2007, 05:48 PM
as one scots lass to another: "gie it laldy hen"

tifftg
04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Vicky, I am so happy for you. Like some of the others it took me much longer to jump into my panties with both feet. I really started dressing seriously at 50 so girl enjoy these extra 10 years.

Hugs,

tiffany

EmmaJane TS
04-18-2007, 06:47 PM
You have managed the hard bit (self acceptance) it's all plain sailing from here on out girl.

Get out there, have fun and above all enjoy being femme.

I think your avartar is lovely BTW!

Hugs and kisses,

EmmaJ.

Sapphire
04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi Vicky,

Nice photo and warm smile. Wishing you well.

Vicky_Scot
04-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Is there such a thing as a born again CD? :heehee:

Because thats how I feel right now.

Thanks again for your kind words.

BlUeDrAgOn
04-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Skirt Lover - It's people like you that make us feel really proud! Way to go girl!:thumbsup:

Oh, and by the way, life doesn't begin at 40. It begins when we find your kind of courage and decide to start living as we are.

Brianna Lovely
04-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Skirt Lover - It's people like you that make us feel really proud! Way to go girl!:thumbsup:

Oh, and by the way, life doesn't begin at 40. It begins when we find your kind of courage and decide to start living as we are.

Well said, Blue.

Hmm, 40?
I opened my closet door and walked out into the day-light at 59.
With the help of the girls on this forum, I fully accepted myself. Then I put on a skirt and went out into the world.

So, Skirt-Lover, go out into the world and be yourself, enjoy life, it's wonderful.

Dixie
04-19-2007, 07:42 AM
AMEN!!
Let's all give a round of appluase!

erickka
04-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Well said Skirt Lover. I too have come to the same resolve as you. I am 45, and I want to be who I am , and if others don't like it... TOUGH. Learn to accept me as who I am. We all still have the same inner being whether dressed or drab.That is how I feel we should be viewed/judged by others. Congrats on your determination. You are an inspiration to us all. Hope you enjoy more than the next 40!

Holly
04-19-2007, 08:02 AM
Vicky, you rock, girl! I know you are going to be happier than ever. But please make sure that lovely, supportive wife of yours is onboard with this as well.

Vicky_Scot
04-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Vicky, you rock, girl! I know you are going to be happier than ever. But please make sure that lovely, supportive wife of yours is onboard with this as well.

Indeed I will Holly.

I always discuss everything with her regarding Vicky and more importantly ask her views and any worries she has. I am eternally gratefully that I have a woman who accepts me for who I am and I love her with all my being.

The other thing is she is not just my wife but she is also my best friend which is wonderful. :hugs:

I am very very lucky person and I make sure she knows it.