PDA

View Full Version : Hit the WRONG lottery last night....

Emily Ann Brown
04-18-2007, 09:45 AM
It was just bound to happen sooner or later. It's just a part of being a TG out and about. Here's the story......

I've been down about the massacre at my alma mater. I got an invite to spend the night with some friends and have a home cooked meal to boot. What better way to beat the numb feeling than by cutting Em loose for the night, so after work I dressed in a smart lavendar top with white underblouse and a browns/lavender print skirt and hit the road for the get-together.

I get to the neighborhood and make my right turn, go down about 150 feet where the road makes a sharp 90 degree bend to the right around what can only be described as a dense forest and find myself looking straight at........a 4 policecar checkpoint !

OOPSIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything goes through my mind at 1.6 milliseconds. I can do a quick 180 and beat a hasty exit, but probably one of the police cars will run me down to see why I am trying to avoid them. I could stop quickly and hit the pavement face down and hope they don't shoot me. Nixed that idea fast because I'd probably get one or more runs in my pantihose. What's left? Go through the checkpoint I guess.

I pull up to the officer and roll down my window.

"Yes sir Officer?" (In my best female voice)

"Drivers license please MA'AM." (He called me ma'am !!!!!!!)

"Yes Officer."

I slowly open my pocketbook and remove my MALE drivers license from my female wallet, then hand it to the nice officer with a classic Emily Ann smile. He takes the license, looks at it, QUICKLY looks back at me (the stunned look on his face is priceless), then looks back at the license.

"Thank you MA'AM." (That's number 2 !!! ) Then he returns the license to me. I let my breath out.

"Drive safely MA'AM" (That's number 3....no sarcasm in his voice)

I try to CALMLY return my license to my wallet, then my wallet into my pocketbook, and drive off as if nothing has just happened.

Why do I think after I was out of sight he yelled across to the other officer "Hey Sarge, you aren't gonna believe what I just passed through." Anyone know how to get brown skidmarks out of pink panties?

Emily Ann

Eva Diva
04-18-2007, 09:53 AM
My dad used to say "She'll be having laundry trouble tonight!" :D

Believe me, they've seen it all long before you came along.

Marcie Sexton
04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Let me say first of all we all are sorry for what happened at Blacksburg...Some of the guys I work with graduated frome there, a couple have kids there and neeedless to say there was some really intense times there until they contacted there children...

Now let me say for your trip, good for you...sounds like you've very lady like for public presentation, and most of all there appears to ber tolerance in your part of the world...just the small amount of acceptance the officer gave you is a step in the right direction...

Good for you...

Kate Simmons
04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, it looks like you "passed" Emily Ann. I have yet to have the pleasure of being pulled over en femme. HMM--I wonder if I should make it SOP to carry a box of doughnuts with me?:heehee: Sal

tommi
04-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Emily don't you keep a clean pair in the glove box:heehee:
Wow what a night luckily things went positive for you and it's one more
experience for you while out an looking lovely.:hugs:
Tommi

Karren H
04-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Dang..... Now I have to go out and get arrested or something...... I'm starting to regret this one-up-womanship thing we've got going...

So you didn't get to wear the handcuffs......... This time?? Did you get his phone number at least?

:D

Love Karren

Di
04-18-2007, 10:55 AM
OMG.....Well hon you survived one of the big fears on going out and about...kudos for handling yourself with such grace......

now about those undies...toss em and buy pretty new ones :tongueout

Gina_darling
04-18-2007, 10:58 AM
I would have loved to see the look on the police officer's face! I can imagine it and it tickles me:lol:

I have a "get in free" card to the cinema but it has my male picture on, I'm tempted to go en femme :D

alice12
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Our prayers to you and the Famliy of VT.
God was with you. Yes you earned a new pair.

Love & prayers
Alice

Minerva Morgan
04-18-2007, 11:33 AM
It sounds as if the police force in your area requires sensitivity training. Here, the comment he made to his sergeant would qualify as harassment and is illegal. It is alos symptomatic of the presence of homophobia within the force, and could be an indication of a dangerous situation. Any police officer who cannot treat the general public with courtesy should not be on the force.

Minerva

Elly
04-18-2007, 11:53 AM
um... Minerva you totaly missed the begining of that sentance "Why do I think after I was out of sight he yelled across to the other officer", i believe she was thinking that may be what he did, meaning the exchange was what she imagined they would say, am i right? because according to her the officer was quite cordial...
oh and grats on passing through without paniking...

Tree GG
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Nowhere to go but through. Nicely done.

Emily Ann Brown
04-18-2007, 12:06 PM
He was perfect...he just couldn't hide that "What the ***" look on his face. And he can say anything he wants out of my presence.

Am thinking of sending a sweet letter to the police department thanking them for their respect shown. Couldn't hurt our cause.

Emily Ann

Minerva Morgan
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Uhm, you are probably right that I missed the point. I was especially impressed (until I misconstrued the ending) with the officer's behaviour. I am probably influenced by the horror stories which involve intensive grilling ("Is this really your driver's license?") to humiliation or imprisonment. So, my apologies to the officer who was likely very courteous and professional, and a very sweet guy.
There is still the question of Emily Ann's initial terror as she spotted the checkpoint. Why would she feel so frightened, and why should she have to feel frightened? Police forces tend to be overly macho (ask a female officer), with inappropriate attitudes; whether expressed or not. On the other hand, most officers I have dealt with (not en femme) are very reasonable if you are as well. Perhaps that is something we should all be aware of. If the situation Emily Ann faced arises, don't panic. In addition to the horror stories mentioned above, some CD's have reported that after a reasonable scrutiny the officer involved has enquired into the possibility of further, polite interaction on a more social basis. I suppose, in that case, the same advice would apply; don't panic.

Minerva

Wendy me
04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
for all of us that have been stopped en fem it's easy to laugh abought it after ....lol it's the one thing we hope never to get good at .... so shopping trip coming up????........

spaelwitterbok
04-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I just wanted to re-iterate that the officer did a very good job. Perhaps a nice letter to the police station would be appropriate...

KimberlyS
04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Emily Ann, I agree about people not being able to hide the "What the ...." look on their faces. And can not blame them when their initial view of us is turned upside down. Hey I have even read posts where the TG sees someone with long flowing hair only to have them turn around and be a guy. I am sure the TG had a "What the ..." look at that point also. We all have times like that. They are a gut reaction, an impulse response to something that is a surprise to us. I bet many if not most all people would do it also if we were at the mall and our friend said to us "You know that gal over there you have been checking out, She is a he" :OMG: like no way would be my first reaction and most likely many others. TG or non-TG.

It is what is done and said after that point that is important. Not the surprise.

Sheri 4242
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
First, I join in with so many others in expressing my heartfelt sympathy to anyone associated with VT!!! I'm glad you told us you were an alum, b/c all who have ties to VT need to know that we support you and lift you up!!!

As to the PD stop, you did the right thing by going on through! I know very, very many in law enforcement, and they are, for the most part, trained to handle this. Since I often drive en femme on certain trips with my wife, she has suggested that, if ever stopped AND if it seemed needed, we'd say I lost a bet with her. Even driving alone you can have ready answers like that -- "well officer, I lost this bet on (some sport in season maybe) and had to drive home in my friend's wife's clothes." I once used that line when just taking a walk and this guy read me, stopped me to speak, and then asked why I was dressed up. The French Open had just finished and I simply said, "well, Andre Agassi didn't pull through for me, so my friends said it was either $100 or take a walk in his wife's miniskirt and heels." It was many years back, but it definitely worked!!! The guy said he would have to remember this idea the next time one of his buddies lost a bet and didn't want to fork over cash. (As an aside, I have always thought he had ulterior motives in really wanting to talk with me once he read me. I have wondered if maybe he was looking for a good time. I basically knew the neighborhood, though, so I wasn't overly concerned to begin with.)

JoAnnDallas
04-18-2007, 12:54 PM
I used to live in Roanoke, VA., so I can voch that the police there ARE friendly. I had a police officer that lived next door and he asked me if he park the police curiser in my double wide driveway for a while. He only had a single wide driveway. I said sure. Best burgler alarm you can have IMHO. He used to tell me stories about some othe people he had meet in check points like the one Emily ran into. I remember one Dec, wife and I were coming home from a christmas party and I was a little tippsy, so wife drove home and we got stopped in a check point. It just so happen that the officer that stopped us was our next door neighbor. He saw me in the passenger seat and asked me if I had a little too much to drink. I told him yep that's why the wife is driving. He said good for you, your smarter that a lot I have seen.

Now if it had been me and not Emily, not only would I need to get brown streaks out of my panties, but I would need to change my wet panties. :D

Back in 1999 and 2000, I took some Robotic cousres at VT, so I can feel a little what Emily felt about what happen this last Monday morning.

Charolette time
04-18-2007, 01:08 PM
It was just bound to happen sooner or later. It's just a part of being a TG out and about. Here's the story......

I've been down about the massacre at my alma mater. I got an invite to spend the night with some friends and have a home cooked meal to boot. What better way to beat the numb feeling than by cutting Em loose for the night, so after work I dressed in a smart lavendar top with white underblouse and a browns/lavender print skirt and hit the road for the get-together.

I get to the neighborhood and make my right turn, go down about 150 feet where the road makes a sharp 90 degree bend to the right around what can only be described as a dense forest and find myself looking straight at........a 4 policecar checkpoint !

OOPSIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything goes through my mind at 1.6 milliseconds. I can do a quick 180 and beat a hasty exit, but probably one of the police cars will run me down to see why I am trying to avoid them. I could stop quickly and hit the pavement face down and hope they don't shoot me. Nixed that idea fast because I'd probably get one or more runs in my pantihose. What's left? Go through the checkpoint I guess.

I pull up to the officer and roll down my window.

"Yes sir Officer?" (In my best female voice)

"Drivers license please MA'AM." (He called me ma'am !!!!!!!)

"Yes Officer."

I slowly open my pocketbook and remove my MALE drivers license from my female wallet, then hand it to the nice officer with a classic Emily Ann smile. He takes the license, looks at it, QUICKLY looks back at me (the stunned look on his face is priceless), then looks back at the license.

"Thank you MA'AM." (That's number 2 !!! ) Then he returns the license to me. I let my breath out.

"Drive safely MA'AM" (That's number 3....no sarcasm in his voice)

I try to CALMLY return my license to my wallet, then my wallet into my pocketbook, and drive off as if nothing has just happened.

Why do I think after I was out of sight he yelled across to the other officer "Hey Sarge, you aren't gonna believe what I just passed through." Anyone know how to get brown skidmarks out of pink panties?

Emily Ann

The security people were just doing there jobs in a tough situation and probebly never had any other thoughts but to make every one safe, Its hard to understand how one misquided person can effect a whole country,we all need to weep with the parents and familys of those that were lost, God heals all, Charolette

EmmaJane TS
04-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi,

May I also join in with everyone else in expressing my heartfelt sympathy to anyone associated with VT.

I went out driving as EmmaJ the other day and I drive a pretty fast sports car and Emma doesn't hang around (must be driving in those heels hehe).

So sooner or later I'm bound to be pulled over en femme.

I hope I manage to pull it off as well as you did Emily. Congratulations and well done on passing with such grace.

Hugs and kisses,

EmmaJ.

celtic.blue.eyes
04-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Even though you hit the WRONG lottery, you still came out of it as the big winner. Nice job!

Emily Ann Brown
04-18-2007, 02:02 PM
For all those that wondered why the initial feelings of fear......probably that fear of the unknown (bet I will be more relaxed next time this happens) coupled with the fact that my employer provides me with a vehicle which I was using within the terms of my employment benefits. Any trouble could get back to where I work and I don't think they would be as nice as the officer. If they knew I was a woman they would probably cut my pay by 40%.

Emily Ann

Regina
04-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Congratulations!

I had the same thing happen to me last year, with about the same results. One thing did occur to me afterwards, if you can make it through that...you can do just about anything dressed, it gave me a renewed confidence (once my heart returned to a normal beat!) in myself, last Saturday i went out dressed during the day for the first time.

Regina

SherriePall
04-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Emily Ann -- I join the others in expressing how sorry I am about VT. My alma mater isn't too far from Nickle Mines where those poor Amish girls were killed last year. It's all too mind-boggling. Just terrible.
As for approaching the police roadblock, I have had the same feeling approaching a DUI checkpoint while driving drab and sober. It's funny what thoughts race through your mind at that time.

Eva Diva
04-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Ever watch "Cops"? Those guys - and girls - have more to worry about than a guy in a dress. Like "will I get home to see my kids tonight"? Whatever they think of your personal life, they're more likely to shake their heads than harass you at a checkpoint. I know it happens, but the odds these days are far less than in the past.
Still, Emily's "trauma" is perfectly understandable. I have no doubt that I'd pee myself in the same situation. :redface:

JoAnnDallas
04-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Here is what the conversation was after Emily went thru the check point.

Trooper: "Hey Sarge, had another Crossdresser come thru the check Point"

Sarge: "What another one? Where are they all coming from?"

Trooper: "Don't know Sarge, but she sure was pretty."

Emily Ann Brown
04-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Okay JoAnn....how much do I owe you for those kind words? GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Emily Ann

Kristen Kelly
04-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Dang..... Now I have to go out and get arrested or something...... I'm starting to regret this one-up-womanship thing we've got going...
So you didn't get to wear the handcuffs......... This time?? Did you get his phone number at least?
Love Karren

I've seen rhinestone studded handcuffs somewhere on line, if you need them to make a fashion statement at the same time.

Alex!
04-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, here's something for you to consider, and it is probably an interesting statistical metric for those interested in how many men dress up like chicks and drive around aimlessly. I have a good friend who is a cop. He has no clue I am a crossdresser, but the subject came up one day in a random discussion about demographics, arrests, profiling, etc. He told me that he has pulled over many crossdressers and transexuals (though he cannot be sure which is which when doing the kinds of things necessary for a minor traffic violation or checkpoint). But he said his department in suburban Washington, DC identify on average about 10 crossdressers per week during random checkpoints and traffic violations (mostly on the weekends, he said). Interesting.

I've driven around en femme a few times, and must say the prospect of being caught by a cop, even though I'm not doing anything illegal, terrifies me. Mostly because I have this horrible feeling the information will be written down somewhere and could be dug up randomly many years down the road. The good thing about a checkpoint is that no information is really collected unless you're drunk or acting stupid.

I guess if I'm caught I'll make the most of it and show some leg.

Eva Diva
04-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Well, here's something for you to consider, and it is probably an interesting statistical metric for those interested in how many men dress up like chicks and drive around aimlessly. I have a good friend who is a cop. He has no clue I am a crossdresser, but the subject came up one day in a random discussion about demographics, arrests, profiling, etc. He told me that he has pulled over many crossdressers and transexuals (though he cannot be sure which is which when doing the kinds of things necessary for a minor traffic violation or checkpoint). But he said his department in suburban Washington, DC identify on average about 10 crossdressers per week during random checkpoints and traffic violations (mostly on the weekends, he said). Interesting.

I've driven around en femme a few times, and must say the prospect of being caught by a cop, even though I'm not doing anything illegal, terrifies me. Mostly because I have this horrible feeling the information will be written down somewhere and could be dug up randomly many years down the road. The good thing about a checkpoint is that no information is really collected unless you're drunk or acting stupid.

I guess if I'm caught I'll make the most of it and show some leg.

And don't be surprised if he shows you his thong strap! :D

Charolette time
04-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Even J EDGAR Hoover of the F B I wore dresses, so I guess were in real safe company, as long as the holster is in the right place ,we dont want any buldges, Hugs Charolette

trannie T
04-18-2007, 08:32 PM
One of the first times I went out en femme {on halloween} I got stopped in a DUI checkpoint, I was asked if I had been drinking, when the officer established that I was sober he sent me on my way. He did not ask about my panties, comment about my ample breast forms or compliment my makeup skills, pure police brutality.

Karren H
04-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Well I didn't get arrested... Sped enfemme today too!! But nothing?? And only got one MA'AM.... From a gas station attendent.. I'm falling way behind here... Hehe

Love Karre

Eva Diva
04-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Even J EDGAR Hoover of the F B I wore dresses, so I guess were in real safe company, as long as the holster is in the right place ,we dont want any buldges, Hugs Charolette

I read recently someone saying that every time Congress meets, at least one of the speakers is wearing panties. I don't doubt it. Still, Hoover won't be topped until Cheney is outed. :D

5inchHeels
04-19-2007, 12:42 AM
We are sad today, and we will be sad for quite a while. We are not moving on. We are embracing our mourning...

We are the Hokies. We will prevail. We will prevail. We will prevail. We are Virginia Tech. :gh:
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/news/convocation_giovanni.mp3

With a few more recruits and we can start the Hokiettes. :cheer:

NewBetty
04-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Emily Ann
Wow! You are obviously great under pressure...well done.

Emily Ann, I agree about people not being able to hide the "What the ...." look on their faces. And can not blame them when their initial view of us is turned upside down. Hey I have even read posts where the TG sees someone with long flowing hair only to have them turn around and be a guy.
I actually did a bit part in a cheesy film like that.
I'd never been dressed in public before, but I was thinkin' I was an actor. I took a job when I had long hair ( I've always been tall & skinny) and when I showed up they put me in this skintight blue tube dress and had me walk down the street with this hulking young stud right off the bus from Arkansas who also wanted to act. Well, my acting partner was totally uncomfortable and kinda freaked out.

I was just chattin comfortably with the crew, thinkin' "Hey...Im an actor I can do this!". Later someone called in some real CDs and Transexuals who showed up shortly before I was wrapped for the day. As I emerged from the wardrobe trailer to go home they all came over to me..."Hey girl, weren't you DRESSED before, hmmmm?"
A day I'll never forget.

Phyliss
04-19-2007, 04:20 AM
Last summer I was out with my sister, and wouldn't you just know it, got stopped by a young cop for a minor violation. A simple verbal waring was all that resulted, (didn't even ask for my license) but I can fully understand the fright you felt. I thought my makeup was melting right off my face like some "horror movie".
When we drove away afterwards, my sis mentioned that her son, (my nephew) had mentioned that no cop wants to give a ticket to a woman who reminds them of their mother. :heehee: Age does have an advantage.

JoAnnDallas
04-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by KimberlyS
Emily Ann, I agree about people not being able to hide the "What the ...." look on their faces. And can not blame them when their initial view of us is turned upside down. Hey I have even read posts where the TG sees someone with long flowing hair only to have them turn around and be a guy.

This happen to my brother-in-law one time. Back when we were both still single, we were at a party and he kept eyeing this really nice looking person with long flowing brown hair. Finially he got up and went over to say HI. He touches the person on the shoulder and this person turns thier head to my brother-in-law. At that moment he is staring a man's face and mustach. My brothr-in-law quickly says something like, "Sorry thought you were a old friend of mine" and comes back over to where I am standing. He sees me giggling and all he says is "Shutup".

GothicAngel GG
04-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Congrats! You have just made it over a huge hurdle! You handled it with grace and poise(sp?). I hate being pulled over at any given time. I honestly wouldn't know what to do in a situation like that, and I'm a GG. So to you beautiful lady I bow(bows before Emily).

Lori SC
04-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Love Karren

Only you would think about wearing handcuffs in this situation Karen!:dom:

I don't wanna know what's running around in that mind of yours.:evilbegon

Hugs, Lori

Darlene Dippy
04-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Emily

Strange but your post has led me to take the plung and join this club.
Been watching from the sidelines , as a guest for awhile, the sense of
support and warmth it has given me is wonderfull.

While a serious post, I would have died in your position, it did bring a
smile to my face just picturing the policemans face. All last night while
watching Television my wife kept asking, "why the smile and smirk" - "just happy
darling!"

Who knows, if you write and thank the Police Department for his 'professional'
approach he might get a commendation. Bet he would have a great picture on
his face when they read out what his commendation was for!

Hugs

Darlene

Emily Ann Brown
04-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey Darlene !

Glad you have joined, and happy that my adventure had a part in it. Let me be your first new friend from the group. My email is in my profile....let's chat a bit.

Emily Ann

Darlene Dippy
04-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Emily

Thank you.

I will contact you when the post score (10 - I think) lets me access profiles.

It will give me time to collect my thoughts.

Don't want people saying Dippy me name, Dippy (or Dizzy) by nature!

All smiles

Darlene

Colleentg
04-22-2007, 01:17 AM
He was perfect...he just couldn't hide that "What the ***" look on his face. And he can say anything he wants out of my presence.

Am thinking of sending a sweet letter to the police department thanking them for their respect shown. Couldn't hurt our cause.

Emily Ann

Yes, Emily, I would, myself

Priscilla Ann
04-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Ya done good, Emily.:thumbsup: