PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras Ball

DAVIDA
04-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to tell about this past weekend.
I recently joined the Atlanta chapter of Tri Ess. This year, instead of having a spring cotillion, they had a Mardi Gras theme ball! Jean and I prepared for several weeks prior to going. We shopped for gowns, shoes, and foundations! I have to say that most of the fun was the time that Jean and I spent together shopping for all the things needed!
We arrived at the hotel Friday afternoon. Then it was like starting a quest to get myself ready for the evening get together and dinner on the town. It has been a while since I have done the whole makeup thing and I guess that I was a little rusty. Jean looked at me and asked if I looked in the mirror?! Of course I did, I put it on didn't I? Well, she made me start over!
We went to a nice resturaunt that we had been to several times in the past. Fourteen of us had dinner and went back to the hotel.
Saturday morning several members met in the suite that the chapter uses monthly. There were a few forum members there, and it was good to see them again.
That evening, we had a buffet dinner catered by the hotel. Then there was a raffle of several items, many that were made by members wives. Jean and I won three times! Two very nice paintings by a member, and a gift certificate to the resturaunt that we went to the nigt before. Talk about luck!
There was a contest for miss Mardi Gras, but, alas I didn't win. But the winner, Phoebe ;first runner up and second runner up (I can't remember who was which, sorry girls) Dee and Maria are all members of this forum. There were several others there also.
It wasn't that long ago that I found this forum. It has been so much to me that I don't have the time to go into what changes I have been through. Had it not been for this forum, I would have missed so much.
I thank all of you for being here and being my friends! I look forward to seeing all of the girls that I have met, and look forward to meeting more of you in the future!
Thanks also to the administrators And mods. It is because of you that we have this home to come to.
Love to all,Davida

Kandi
04-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey davida! I've met some friends thru this here forum too. Glad your one of them. Those sig eps girls are fun too. Diedra and her crowd cant be forgotten either. Any one who has ever wanted to go out should come visit ATL. You can meet some great people. Glad you had fun at the Mardi gras!!

Lori SC
04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
It's great you had a good time Davida,

Going out is such a blast!

Hugs, Lori

Phoebe Reece
04-19-2007, 10:47 PM
It certainly was a fun weekend. I really admire Davida's dedication to coming with her leg still in a cast and having to get around in a wheelchair. I really enjoyed seeing Davida & Jean, Lori & Cheryl, and everyone else that made it. Here's a little of "the rest of the story" about the weekend:

In the same hotel we had our Sigma Epsilon function, there was also a college prom going on that weekend. Several busloads of students from some college (perhaps more than one) in Kentucky were in the hotel from Friday night through Sunday morning. They were everywhere and most had been drinking a little too much. Several of us Sig-Ep girls were having a drink in the lobby lounge when one young lady (who had a few drinks under the belt) came over and began talking with us. She had not realized we were crossdressers until after we began talking with her. She had several of her girlfriends come over and join in the conversation. They thought it was really cool that we came out in public the way we did. She also complimented us by saying we looked younger than her mother who was only 52. (I think I was the youngster of our little group of CD's at 57.)

We encountered her and her friends several more times over the weekend. Most notably was just after midnight Saturday night after our party was over. About three of us CD's ran into them in the elevator lobby in an area that connects to where the college prom had been going on. The girls wanted pictures taken with us (which we allowed) and they had more questions and all about what we had been up to. The guys who were with them didn't express much interest in us (thank goodness), but were likewise not unfriendly. I think some of them may have gotten a little annoyed with the attention their girlfriends were showing to us. The funniest part was when a couple of the girls asked what we did for breasts. So, I did what I do a college class presentations and reached in my dress and pulled out my forms and handed them to the girls. One of the girls then proceeded to stuff them in her own bra and run around showing off her new size to her friends (she definately had too much to drink). I finally got them back and we laughingly parted company.

I still had my tiara on from being crowned "Miss Mardi Gras Queen" as I we continued on our way. As I passed another young lady that I had not met before she tried to talk me out of my tiara as she was disappointed that she had not been elected queen of her prom. I wanted to give it to her, but I thought, No I've been waiting a long time to get this myself. Besides, she was drunk and probably wouldn't appreciate (or even remember) the gesture anyway.

What a weekend!

racquel
04-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Congratulations to all.Sound like a fun time.I really hope to be able to do similar things in the near future.Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

DAVIDA
04-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Thanks Kandi, Lori, Phoebe, and Racquel!
Yes, there were a lot of very young people there! Jean and I had to go through about 40 of them Friday evening. We were leaving for dinner, and they were just going up to their rooms after checking in. Talk about running the gauntlet! The only thing that I heard was some guy say "naw!". I wanted to turn and say "yes!", but we just kept going. The thing that surprised me the most was, I DID NOT CARE! I am looking forward to going out again. My next task will be to go out alone! One day!
Love, Davida

Di
04-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Loved reading about the Mardi Gras Ball:D Sounds like you all had a marvelous time.:love:

Kate Simmons
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm glad you had a nice time Davida.:happy: Sal