PDA

View Full Version : Another Girlie Weekend!

Julie
02-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Well, I spent another weekend at Jacki's (sounds like the title to a movie :rolleyes:). Friday I got dressed before I left the house and packed EVERYTHING! At least it seemed like it. We went to Inn Exile first. I hadn't been there in a while. Like always, everyone was great. I guess we've become a regular part of the gay community and those that might have been apprehensive about us have now realized we're just one of the crowd.

We ended the night at Escapades. I had an interesting experience where I ran into a guy who is part of my guy world. He didn't know who I was and was very complimentary about my looks and bought me a drink. He was the brother of a friend who I had met only briefly twice before so I didn't make the connection either. Anyway, he kept hanging around and I figured I owed him the time to talk. At the time I was talking to a guy who was just exploring his tendency towards men. (Another story for later) So when that conversation was over I took "Ted" and went to a quieter place in the bar so we could talk.

I don't know why but I asked him if he knew about my wrestling website. He nodded but hesitantly. Something was amiss. I asked more questions including his last name. When I heard the name I asked if he was the brother of the guy I work with in TV. He denied it. Something was amiss. I showed him a picture of my son from last year (a wrestling picture). He had almost no response. Something was amiss. Every guy I have shown that picture to has commented how muscular my son is and "Ted" just looked at it and gave it back, no emotion. Amiss.

Finally he fessed up. He was the brother. I had been at his house and set up a cable gym for his son. He was at several tournaments last year helping his bro to sell T-shirts. When he realized who I was he was floored. How can someone who represents a sport as macho as wrestling dress like that? I told him to throw logic out the window. It doesn't apply. He told me his brother would be shocked if he knew (I already knew that) and his wife and kids didn't know.

What I enjoyed most was talking to the guys who were just discovering their diversity. It was so interesting to hear how they came to this realization that they could no longer live in the world they were in (sound familiar?) I was kind of like the therapist. I asked questions about how it came about. I asked what turned them on. I asked if they wanted to be with a man and how they felt about it. I didn't hold back. Both were attracted to me and I took advantage of that to help them figure out why they came to a gay bar that night. I should have been a therapist.

Saturday we picked up Nick at the airport before going to Escapades. Nick is the other bartender there. He had just come back from L.A. His boyfriend was out there on business and he flew Nick in for the weekend. They did a lot of shopping and Nick told Jacki he bought something for us. When we got to the airport it was dead. We thought Nick would be outside waiting for us. But there was no one. So I went inside (wearing my black sweater duster with the fur collar and black boots). I felt all girl. I looked around for a crowd like you usually see when a plane unloads but there was nothing. Then I saw Nick with his luggage walking towards me. But he didn't see me. I stood there looking at him and our eyes locked. "Hi Nick!" He didn't know at first then I saw his smile. Later he told me he saw me earlier but thought I was a woman. I'm still on cloud nine from that comment. In the car Nick gave Jacki a tiara (very appropriate) and me a blue sapphire like the one from 'Titanic'. How cool! I wore it all night.

We then went directly to Escapades (it was past 1 AM) and settled in. As the place started to fill up I did the socialite thing and talked to everyone who looked the least bit interested. There was a gay guy who came in with five women. Okay, time to do introductions! I had a conversation with one that is 'X' rated. She commented we were the best of both worlds, male body, female brain. Don’t get me started!

It’s almost 10 PM Sunday night. I’m packed to go home. Maybe someday I won’t have to do this switching back and forth and I can just be myself.

I love you ladies all. Be well, happy and confident in knowing you are the most special people in the world.

Wendy me
02-20-2005, 11:05 PM
hi girlfreind good to hear from you........sounds like you had a veary intresting weekend
just goes to show you never know who's in to what ..........julie m. as a thearpest
ok put me on your list ,..................

love you girlfreind

Sharon
02-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Julie,
It's always nice to see the other moderator pop in and say hello. It's good to hear from you.

Julie
02-20-2005, 11:32 PM
For some reason I think just telling a story isn't enough but having a picture completes it so here's a picture of me, Nick and Jacki.

felisha
02-20-2005, 11:44 PM
it sounds like you had a grand time up it you go girl

ChristineRenee
02-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Thanks Julie...it's always great to hear about your adventuresome weekends with Jacki. Very nice pic there too hon...and thanks for sharing it all with us girls.

Love,
Chrissie:)

Ava Mouse
02-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Julie, that wig is just right for you! Great pic!

And an interesting story that makes one think...

racquel
02-21-2005, 05:32 AM
I have to agree with Ava,the wig really suits you.
Every time you post a picture lately you look more feminine and relaxed.It seems that the road ahead has leveled off for you.
Love hearing about your adventures. :D

Tristen Cox
02-21-2005, 08:13 AM
Small world indeed. Yes you should have been a therapist. That Saphire is cool :cool: Just wondering how long the night lasted? Yeah I know too many questions. A great time with great people. Have a wonderful week!

Love
Tristen

racheal
02-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Looks like you had a great weekend! Way to go Julie!

Julie
02-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Small world indeed. Yes you should have been a therapist. That Saphire is cool :cool: Just wondering how long the night lasted? Yeah I know too many questions. A great time with great people. Have a wonderful week!

Love
Tristen
The night (Saturday-Sunday) lasted 'til dawn, at least for me. Nick and Jacki stayed up and talked some more. I slept for a few hours and awoke at around 10 AM Sunday. I went into the bathroom to freshen up and saw my image in the mirror and immediately realized I looked far better in femme, fresh out of a slumber, than almost anytime en drab. It's becoming more natural to me now.

Later I showered but couldn't be en femme as my face was raw from two days shaving. Yes, I'm vain and can't stand the wisker shadow poking through the makeup so I just won't get dressed. Jacki and Nick were in her bathroom so I walked in and introduced Nick to Jim overdoing the masculine (humorously). He just looked at me with a shocked look. He had never seen me en drab. I can't wait 'til I don't have to change back and forth all the time.

Later, as we were in the kitchen talking, Nick asked if he could still call me Julie. Wow! Was that special! He didn't see me as male even though I was dressed as one. Very cool indeed!

Divorce sucks. Having your son not talk to you sucks. Changing your life in your fifties sucks. But experiencing things like I have recently has been phenomenal! I wish I wasn't burdened with a transgendered personality but I can't change that. Since this is me, I have to make the best of it. As long as I treat others kindly, respectfully and lovingly, that's all that matters. I may not like society's view on who I am but I can't control that. What I can control is me and I intend to remain a decent human being, no matter what life throws at me.

(Julie steps off the soap box)

Tristen Cox
02-22-2005, 05:56 AM
Later, as we were in the kitchen talking, Nick asked if he could still call me Julie. Wow! Was that special! He didn't see me as male even though I was dressed as one. Very cool indeed!

Hey that 'is' pretty cool. I've said it before but I'll say it again. You rock babe!

*Big Hugs*

Love
Tristen

Tamara Croft
02-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Sounds like you had losta fun Julie..... just what a girl needs.... and I have to agree with Raquel.... you do look happier in your pics :)

Tamara x

sherri
02-22-2005, 12:03 PM
On behalf of the "community", thanks for outing in that context and to that degree. A toast to the ripple effect.