PDA

View Full Version : Second Visit

carolanne_love
04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Hello once again.

Today was my second visit with the psychiatrist at the gender clinic. Between my last visit and now I had a questionnaire I had to complete and bring with me for this visit.

Today we explored how I was handling who I was and I had to admit I was still trying to keep myself occupied through work or hobbies so I wouldn't have to dwell on my "condition". I even questioned whether I was "transgendered/transsexual" and although the psychiatrist said no one could diagnose whether I was or not, a few moments later he said I was and said we should start hormone treatment soon.

So, as a person whose occupation requires me to observe and evaluate "objective evidence" of an act or process, I have been ignoring (partly out of fear) the "objective evidence" that has been staring me in my face for so long that I am really a woman who has physical body incongruent with my mental state of mind.

Yes I've known for a long time now but as I've said I've been suppressing those emotions and feelings.

Now begins my journey. I made a pact with my wife of 36 years that I would stop living the lie and start living the truth. It will take me a time to get there but the journey has begun.

My next visit is slated for September but I asked to be put on a cancellation list so until that time - thank you all for your support.

Love Carolanne

Danielle Renee
04-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi, Carolanne !
That first step is the hardest. I found that once I was honest with myself about 'the evidence' I started to see it in more and more places. With time I found a whole woman hidden under my drab self! And I think she's a joy to be with!

I made a pact with my wife of 36 years that I would stop living the lie and start living the truth. It will take me a time to get there but the journey has begun.

I hope your wife is understanding and supportive. From your comment I sense that she is. I also sense she's seen your inner self and loves her. Blessings on both of you!

loriannetucson
04-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Carolanne,

I just recently started this journey and finally decided to stop hiding the feelings that were torturing me for too many years. As far as TS/TG or whatever, I don't know about labeling myself anymore, I know my mind is female. My body needs to be the same or this just won't work anymore. Already the estrogen and antiandrogens has helped me see just how right I was in feeling the incongruency completely turn around and feel like this is the right direction to travel....finally!

Blessings!
Lori

Shelly R
04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Carolanne,

I just recently started this journey and finally decided to stop hiding the feelings that were torturing me for too many years. As far as TS/TG or whatever, I don't know about labeling myself anymore, I know my mind is female. My body needs to be the same or this just won't work anymore. Already the estrogen and antiandrogens has helped me see just how right I was in feeling the incongruency completely turn around and feel like this is the right direction to travel....finally!

Blessings!
Lori

I agree. I started my journey for the same reasons. The only label I want is Female/Woman.

claireswife-gg
04-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Congrats on taking the first steps! I'm glad you and your wife are talking openly, it makes all the difference in the world.

**hugs**