PDA

View Full Version : Breast Form Placement Question

Paula Thomas
04-20-2007, 08:17 AM
I finally ordered a set of breast forms from The Breast Form Store.

Now the question is, how do I determine the proper placement of them on my chest?

:idontknow:

E.g., where should the lower edge be in relation to the remainder of my chest?

Any advice would be GREATELY appreciated.

Karren H
04-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Good question... Beats me... I just slapped them in my bra and they looked good... Guess if they didn't look good I would havd shifted them around a bit...

If you look at a sampling of women at the mall, breast location is all over the place... So just plop them in, take a few photos from different angles and go from there.....

Karren

Sharon
04-20-2007, 08:55 AM
I always just placed them nipple over nipple. :happy:

Stephenie S
04-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Stand in front of a mirror and look. Many times we tend to get them little high. Try to minimize the distance between your breasts and your waist. If you have normal male shoulders, extend the bra straps all the way.

Lovies,
Steph

kassandra richard
04-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Same here. I started with a set of "chicken cutlets" and they'd shift around a bit which was only disconcerting if one slid down :) With my new forms I just place them in the bra and go. They're placed within acceptable norms.

Kate Simmons
04-20-2007, 09:11 AM
I usually just toss 'em in and don't worry about it. Actually real breasts move around anyway. Just make sure the bra is tight enough that they won't go flying or falling out. Anyway, that's one reason I don't use tape.;) Sal

BlUeDrAgOn
04-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I guess it's just a matter of looking in the mirror and putting them where they seem best fit. As long as you don't put them in your neck or your belly, that's just close to the right spot:heehee:

Patty
04-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Just put the bra on and put the forms in -with time you will just know

Elle1946
04-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I agree with Sharon nipple over nipple!

Emily Ann Brown
04-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Way to go Sharon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As always, you have the answer.

Emily Ann

Marcie Sexton
04-20-2007, 01:18 PM
When I go braless I apply the adhesive and put them in my bra, let them set and off I go...has worked every time for me...:D

susiej
04-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Paula,

Previous posters have it right -- your bra "knows" where they go, as long as you're wearin' roughly the correct size.

The first thing you'll discover when you put your forms on for the first time is that you have just crossed into Transgender Heaven :). OK, give yourself a few hours to bask.

After your brain starts functioning again, you'll probably notice that your breasts jiggle and move around inside your shirt, blouse, whatever. That's natural, and part of the thrill of having them. However, the back surface of the forms is large enough that movement of the forms relative to your chest will be minimal. Inside a bra, they tend to stay in the right spot.

I don't do braless, so I can't speak from experience about that. I've read elsewhere that the technique for attaching them is to let your bra place them, then mark the spot on your chest, and attach to the spots. If you want to go braless, forget about the tape strips; they're nowhere near strong enough. You'll have to get rid of all that icky male hair on your chest, and use Hollister adhesive. Not practical for me.

One thing I learned about silicone forms from painful experience -- wash them! Your skin constantly excretes oils, perspiration and other annoying stuff. If you wear your forms as constantly as I do, and you don't wash them with warm, soapy water (as I didn't), the stuff builds up and you may get a rather painful rash (as I did). I use Ivory soap.

Enjoy!

Hugs,
Susie

Julie York
04-20-2007, 02:08 PM
When drawing the human body, a female nipple is on the level of a line drawn half way between the elbow and the top of the shoulder. Most novice dressers (and artists!) tend to put them too high so this is an accurate way of measuring.

EmmaJane TS
04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi Hun,

The best advice I can give you is position the form so that the minimum amount (ideally none) of the form shows outside of the bra cup. Apart from that go with whatever feels and looks best for the bra you are wearing.

Dasein9
04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm female-bodied, and just measured, if you're the kind of girl who likes measurements. The top of my breast is 4" from the little node-thingy on my collarbone near the throat. Hope this helps.

Susie, I don't use forms, but do use a silicone... erm... something else. I find a light dusting with cornstarch helps a lot. Maybe the same will work for you.

I've been wondering about the proper placement for my ... erm... something else. To one side? Where, in relation to the fly of a pair of jeans?

Paula Thomas
04-20-2007, 04:23 PM
All - Thank you very much for your advice.

Dasein9 - regarding "I've been wondering about the proper placement for my ... erm... something else. To one side? Where, in relation to the fly of a pair of jeans?".

For a good laugh, watch Dom Deloise, as Melvin P. Thorpe in "The Best Little *****house in Texas", as he gets dressed for his TV show (in which he first denounces the Chicken Ranch).

Personally, mine is initially in line with the crotch in the pair of jeans, and then (similarly, apparently, to boobs) it finds where it is most comfortable.

Brianna Lovely
04-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Another good gauge is, using the right size bra, with forms in, bend your arm at 90%, forearm across chest, the bottom of your breast should just touch the top of your forearm. Hope that helps.

Dasein9
04-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Eh, depends on your age... ;)

Kate Simmons
04-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Another good gauge is, using the right size bra, with forms in, bend your arm at 90%, forearm across chest, the bottom of your breast should just touch the top of your forearm. Hope that helps.Sounds good to me Brianna. Good Lord, this isn't rocket science ,unless someone is planning to launch those "puppies".:heehee: Sal

Wenda
04-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Lots of good advice. Nipple over nipple is a good rule of thumb. One of my guidelines is to really try to avoid having the lower edge of the form resting below the lower edge of my natural breast. If you have a favourite bra, use that as a guideline. I use adhesive for my forms most of the time. Love the sensation. w.

Sally24
04-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Unless you're a young gurl they shouldn't ride high on your chest. They should give into gravity at least a little to match their natural age. Depending on your build and the size forms, I would look at picks of women of the approximate age and size and try to duplicate that look.

Rachel Morley
04-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Sally "hits the nail on the head" for me don't have them too high, adjust your bra straps so that they position comfortably over your own nipple to nipple or perhaps a tiny bit lower .... which for me, does happen to be slightly lower because of the weight of the form. :happy:

Toyah
04-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I finally ordered a set of breast forms from The Breast Form Store.

Now the question is, how do I determine the proper placement of them on my chest?

:idontknow:

E.g., where should the lower edge be in relation to the remainder of my chest?

Any advice would be GREATELY appreciated.

Try in your pantys for great efect