PDA

View Full Version : facial hair, def not passible but still dress?

ReginaCd
04-20-2007, 09:58 AM
hello everyone....does anyone else love to dress but far from passible because of facial hair? I have a beard that I cant bring myself to get rid of, I love it and had it sooo long and love it but at the same time Id love to pass. but at the same time Im happy dressing around the house and the occasional fun w/ my gf.

BlUeDrAgOn
04-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Sometimes I'd love to find a permanent solution to get rid of my facial hair, but then there's the old problem of keping my CD'ing secret. Until then, I have to shave like every men.

Gina_darling
04-20-2007, 10:17 AM
It depends on what cding means to you. Is it just a means of relaxing in your own home? In that case you can dress with a beard. If it is to express a feminine identity then I think the beard should go! I have got rid of my leg and arm hair to bring me closer to that feminine identity and not a single person has commented if they've even noticed.

ReginaCd
04-20-2007, 10:22 AM
I guess your right. cding to me is just relaxing around the house but at the same time it really aggrivates me that I cant wear what I want to outside the house. I really wish that men had fashion freedom. I bought a few utilikilts ( there very expensive by the way) so I can wear a skirt like item just so I can be comfortable. We all know how restrictive pants are on male anatonmy.

BlUeDrAgOn
04-20-2007, 11:50 AM
We all know how restrictive pants are on male anatonmy.

If I understood correctly what you mean, that is not a restriction at all. There are sites that sell clothes specialy created for the CD community.

rachel_rachel
04-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I only shave once a week, so by friday night i'm definatly not trying to impress anyone with my charms..!!
I don't go out anyway, but by the weekend, i don't look in the mirror that much, it doesn't look right.

terrinoble
04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Paging Butterfly Bill...

As for me, I've always been clean shaven... I'd undergo electrolysis or laser removal if I could afford it.

Stephenie S
04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Geez, hon, wear whatever you like. It's MUCH easier to go public in a dress if you have a full beard. With that strong gender marker right out there for all to see, it's quite obvious to all that you aren't trying to pass as a woman. And remember, that's the sin. Trying to fool people. That's the line you can't cross. As long as you are presenting as a man in a dress, you won't have any trouble.

Check out Butterfly Bill's posts on this forum. He is quite sucessfull just wearing a dress, and he has a full beard. Clearly he is not trying to trick anyone. He gets a lot more social acceptance than if he were trying to pretend he was a woman.

Steph

Jennifer_G_2
04-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Geez, hon, wear whatever you like. It's MUCH easier to go public in a dress if you have a full beard. With that strong gender marker right out there for all to see, it's quite obvious to all that you aren't trying to pass as a woman. And remember, that's the sin. Trying to fool people. That's the line you can't cross. As long as you are presenting as a man in a dress, you won't have any trouble.

Check out Butterfly Bill's posts on this forum. He is quite sucessfull just wearing a dress, and he has a full beard. Clearly he is not trying to trick anyone. He gets a lot more social acceptance than if he were trying to pretend he was a woman.

Steph

Can you please explain how trying to pass becomes a sin, because i'm pretty sure he said that was his goal, as most other CD's that go into public dressed. Anyone having a full beard while dressed in public is probably just looking for attention in my opnion, not that there is anything wrong with that either.

Jen

cindylakes
04-20-2007, 08:40 PM
I too dress with beard but don't go out. ( well maybe on the back deck when the leaves are out) I believe to be bi-gendered rather than traans gendered. I like both side of me. There are times when I will do the full body shave including beard to get my fix. Other times the beard is a full part of what I am along with the shoot em up films and a good beer. When "Cindy" emerges the small salads and a glass of good Rhine wine compliments my feelings nicely. As you can see this is not always an instantaneous switch. Usually after a couple of months of clean face it does just seem to grow back naturally. My wife tries to understand but she prefers her beared one even though there is more gray than red after all these years.

Kendra Irene
04-20-2007, 08:59 PM
I've had a beard since 1971. I've only shaved the face twice in that time and my wife asked me to grow it back. I've dress since 2001, but only at home, until I joined a local group, were I can dress away from home, and be with other crossdressers. My avatar shows why I can't wait to shave again. Maybe she will agree for a month around my birthday.

Sally24
04-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Used to have a full beard, and loved it. I decided I loved being passable more and not only shaved it off, started electrolysis!

kerrianna
04-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Do whatever feels right! There's no wrong or right way to living. As long as you're not harming anyone.

I had a beard all my life, but shaved last fall mainly because it had turned pretty grey and made me look old. :p

Sure do hate shaving everyday though :straightface: .

Shaving will change the way you look at yourself when dressed, just because the contrast isn't as apparent, but I actually liked that contrast. It was/is who I am.

You could always try shaving when you know you have a chance to do it up right, and see what it looks and feels like. It'll always grow back. :hugs:

Stephenie S
04-21-2007, 04:08 PM
"Can you please explain how trying to pass becomes a sin, because i'm pretty sure he said that was his goal, as most other CD's that go into public dressed. Anyone having a full beard while dressed in public is probably just looking for attention in my opnion, not that there is anything wrong with that either."

Jen

Dear Jen,

When I said that trying to "pass" is a sin, I did not mean a religious sin, I meant a social sin. The act of trying to "fool" or "trick" society is the real sin here. That's what society doesn't want. You can wear a dress or a skirt in public if you want. Butterfly Bill does quite sucessfully. You can even purchase a man's business suit with a skirt instead of pants. Scots wear kilts. Priests wear robes. The Pope wears a dress. You are put in a gown if you are admitted to the hospital. Last year I saw a man in Border's Books with in a plaid workshirt, workboots, a full beard, and a nice navy blue pleated skirt. No one was paying him any mind at all.

The social sin is trying to pretend you are a woman. That's the line that society does not want us to cross. Because of the rabid homophobia we have all been raised with, guy's don't want to be "tricked" into admiring another guy and women don't want to discover that you are really a man in the bathroom or shower. They want to be able to relate to other woman as woman

If you present as a guy wearing a skirt, you will have committed less of a social sin than if you try to "pass". That's what I meant.

BTW, he didn't say that passing was his goal (you would have to be retarded to think you could pass as a woman with a full beard), he said he would love to be able to "pass".

Lovies,
Steph

fwidman
04-21-2007, 04:29 PM
I to have a full beard. I do not go out dressed, so it isn't a problem for me. I can just do it in my home with my wife and all is fine here. I agree with what was said earlier, I guess it just depends on what you want to do when you are dressed as a woman :)

Toyah
04-21-2007, 06:37 PM
hello everyone....does anyone else love to dress but far from passible because of facial hair? I have a beard that I cant bring myself to get rid of, I love it and had it sooo long and love it but at the same time Id love to pass. but at the same time Im happy dressing around the house and the occasional fun w/ my gf.

As long as you are happy why not but do not go out. Sorry but all the girls who do go out would be put back years if you went out

trannie T
04-21-2007, 08:24 PM
When I first started dressing I had a full beard. Then they instituted a policy forbidding beards at work. I missed my beard at first but I've really enjoyed going out en femme.

charlie-50
04-21-2007, 09:15 PM
i know what you mean iv had a mustache all my life just cant see giting rid of it. even to make me look more female..cp

Kelley Anne
04-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Facial hair is one of my obstacles to passing. (the others being the fact I'm a chubby balding guy) :p
I have had my mustache since I was 14 and only shaved for USAF basic training. I have a standing offer form a girl I know to give me a makeover but I just can't bring myself to shave the 'stache.
Otherwise if I had the choice I'd gladly lose all the hair on my body and beard.

Tasha Meredith
04-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi, ReginaCd. I used to let my facial hair grow in the summers when I stop dressing. Getting rid of it in the fall was always a welcome because it makes me look and feel younger in guy mode as well. You might change your mind too after cutting, just don't rush into something you're not ready for.

charlie-50
04-21-2007, 10:27 PM
tasha why would you want to cover up that beautyful face with hair if i looked that good id stay in fem all the time.:D ..cp

Barb Valentine
04-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Having facial hair is only one of the reasons I can't pass
And I really don't have 10 hours to spare to type out the rest of my flaws

Butterfly Bill
04-21-2007, 10:33 PM

Check out Butterfly Bill's posts on this forum. He is quite sucessfull just wearing a dress, and he has a full beard. Clearly he is not trying to trick anyone. He gets a lot more social acceptance than if he were trying to pretend he was a woman.Steph

What can I say but :iagree:. I haven't shaved my face since Independence Day of 1971. (But I do shave my legs so pantyhose is more comfortable.)

MarinaTwelve200
04-22-2007, 09:08 AM
This suggests to me that you are NOT trying to change or escape your identity, but rather be more like "what you feel you are".

So you can indeed get some satisfaction from dressing and not worrying about your face---Thats part of YOU anyway, isn't it?

Some of us, however, are escapist CDers who dress to GET AWAY from who we really are. And for us, the FACE is the most imporant part of the identity and MUST be changed or different from our real self (hense the use of makeup)---So us escapist guys MUST shave our facial hair or our CDing wont work for us. I sorta envy those of you who dont have to worry about your facial appearence. I'd like a beard or mustashe myself, and makeup removal is a tricky, time consuming operation.

But we are different in our CD motivations and its fun and informative to read about our variations on this forum.

SandyR
04-22-2007, 06:28 PM
I had a beard for 25 years, I thought the same "I just love this how can I ever get rid of it". The night I shaved was a bit scary, and I looked like a kid in the mirror (good thing to look younger..heheh).

Set yourself free......

Hugs

SandyR

EricaCD
04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
As you can see, plenty of cds out there with facial hair. I used to be one too! If you are able to satisfy your desire to alter your appearance enough, while keeping the beard, good for you! Enjoy!

Erica